Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LiuGuoLiang,No1 Commentator!Updating his Commens.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

LiuGuoLiang,No1 Commentator!Updating his Commens.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LiuGuoLiang,No1 Commentator!Updating his Commens.
    Posted: 09/11/2018 at 11:36am

Liu GuoLiang did as a commentator on a sports website(zhibo.tv) on Feburary and May for the semi final and final of the team world cup and the world tournament(only chinese's match,both mens and womens,altogether 7 matches).14 million people watched the final game.and his famous sayings becomes so popular. 

I'll trying to translate and update some of his comments. i will do it slowly, update from time to time, becouse he talked to much during the matches. he keeps talking all the way.so at first i'm trying to pick up some essence.if you like this thread,please reply me to let me know and then i'll do more in detail. or if you want the details,tell me which part or which point do you want, i'll try my best to tell you.

-------------

"MaLong is a combination of Kong Linghui and Waldner"

In the sami-final the world cup agaist England, ML vs Walker 2nd game 3-0 XuXin was been given a scene he was chatting, LGL said"XX has begun chatting now,but you see ML, he leads so much points but still work so hard, he is responsible, but Xuxin,he is playful, he never think that much, he is optimist, they have different character.If XX leads so much,he must be unconcentrated,or begin his show for entertainment, give some high balls." 

"Malong is a detailed person, he calculate and plans on each point, but Xuxin and FZD not so meticulous like him. that's why they are still second to ML. they have space to make progress.and also, ML's judge on the situation,his ability to read a game is the best in the world, master level, he played table tennis like art. FZD should learn from him, the little fatty still has many problems to solve, but problems means space to improve. What makes him so terrible is not only because how strong he has already been, it's how big space he can still improve. "

(against Liam Pichford late in the game) "What's FZD's best state? When he feels boring that is the best. FZD beats you always in a same way, 8 balls from 10 are the same,he is not good at change.you also feel boring when you lose to him,you feel pain and have no choise.FZD plays like computer programes.

But ML beats you in all different ways,he is unpredictable.you will feel despair. just like bundle a crab, if one leg slack, he rebundle you again,tightly, more you struggle, more tightly you've been bundled." 

(2nd game against Walker 4-0)"Can you tell how ML got the last 4 points? Sometimes neither can I.It's hard for his opponent to even summerize how he lose.ML take every coner every side rational utilization.This is the ability of reading a match."

said during the semi-final of the world cup against England. (from then on, "bundle crab" became a hot word)

"some fans said that FZD should learn from ML, to have more changes in the match. No, he relly can not,he can never be like ML.They have different style. If FZD changes like ML, then it will be worse. then he is not FZD. He just need to learn some changes on the key point,basic on his own system. If he changes each point like ML, he will feel muddled himself. they built different system since they started learning, basic on their personality, cannot be changed. He use his strength to tell you he cannot be beaten" (LGL said FZD is frank and honest,like girls)

ML's last game 11-2 " now it's show time,heis just like Messi, begin your show ML."

in the first game ML XX plays double, "you always feel relieved when they plays double game, they looks like they have brought insurance before the game." "Xuxin's waist is so good. the waist of Boa."

-------these are the comments during the semifinal against England the world cup in Feb

----------------------------

in the final vs Japan,ML vs Koki Niwa, he said:"one way of japanese is depend on inspiration,like koki niwa. when he got inspiration, he made some incredibal performance during inspired period,but there will be blank period, then errrors after errors. so when you fall behind him,don't give up.the rhythem is important. he can act best, but also the worst. 

KokiNiwa makes ML fell unconfortable.ML changes strategicly,KokiNiwa changes by his mood. Niwa is randomness. Some times ML played well but niwa plays also great,ML expected to get point,but he didn't, and some times ML gives a normal ball and didn't expect to get point,but Niwa missed it and ML get the point. You don't even know how you win. 

That's why ML feel unconfortable and so does Xuxin.But this kind of players is hard to reach the top level. when Niwa meet violent players like ZJK or Wanghao, he felt frustrated and give up soon.He is the kind of those bully the soft and fear for the tough. you should be hard, he finds he can't beat you he will lose confidence.

ML is always wants to be perfect, he not only want to win,but also want to win confortablelly,he thoughts,why i didn't got him that point? Well some times others also played well,and some times you played not good but their mistakes more than you so that you win,that's what happened in the match.I said to ML, you want win confortably, will your opponent make you confortable? ML smiles."

second game, FZD vs HariMoto

"It looks like a big boy bully a little boy..." "Little fatty will accompany him at least 10-12 years."

update later

---------------

"FZD is a slow starter, always bad beginning in the match,he is like a long distance runner."

"Fzd is not like a car, he is a tank, a pushdozer"

Not like ML, ML is the one who bundle others, but Fzd is the one who get rid of others.

said during the samifinal the world tournament vs Sweden.

-----------------------------------

the interview after semifinal, LGL's first show

reporter:"LGL is on line commenting on the match, do you think he praised you more or critisized you more?"

ML smiled shyly:"half praised and half critisized??"

later on

ML post on his weibo(twitter):"LGL only use 10% ablility on the comments , it's hard to catch up with him and understand him,but it's worth aftertaste more times, maybe you will laugh untill tomorrow morning."

=============================

During Wtttc team match

"there's a few fans worried about my leaking secret.well,nothing to worry about it. you understand don't mean you can manage it.We should be confident. Others are making prograss, we also progressing.we still in the lead.furthermore,they have their own systems,like ML,his system is like a maze, when you enter it,it's hard to get out."

"Medias always reports our 3-0 records in the team matches (ML had twenties 3-0 records in the past few years's team match).No,No,we never go after any records like that.It's unusual,It push us onto a high place and put pressure on us which is unnecessary.If it's me, I'll break the record by myself deliberately."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

this translation copyright belongs to me. all rights reserved.
continue updating.....

updated in the reply

remember to rate the topic for 5 stars, thx ; )
do you understand my Chinglish?point my mistakes please : ) 

Edited by FunnyBunny - 09/11/2018 at 12:59pm
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 11:48am
This is great stuff! Insightful and entertaining to me. Thanks for taking the time to translate and post!
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 1:02pm
Funny Bunny

Your work and contribution are just excellent!  Thank you!

These comments from the coach show insights into the individuality of the sport and its recognition and acceptance within the Chinese system.  In my coaching training, when being mentored by top Chinese coaches, I have often noted this prevalent and pervasive perspective in acknowledgement by the Chinese coaches of the uniqueness of each individual player.

Thanks again!
Donn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Ieyasu Ieyasu wrote:

This is great stuff! Insightful and entertaining to me. Thanks for taking the time to translate and post!

thx, unfinished and updating, so welcome back.

Edited by FunnyBunny - 09/11/2018 at 1:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Funny Bunny

Your work and contribution are just excellent!  Thank you!

These comments from the coach show insights into the individuality of the sport and its recognition and acceptance within the Chinese system.  In my coaching training, when being mentored by top Chinese coaches, I have often noted this prevalent and pervasive perspective in acknowledgement by the Chinese coaches of the uniqueness of each individual player.

Thanks again!

thanks, it really is! are you professional player? : )

Edited by FunnyBunny - 09/12/2018 at 3:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 2:41am
Team World Cup samifinal against England, first game
ML/XX vs Drinkhall/Walker

at the begining"game begins,ok,we see Rooney.we call him(Drinkhall) Rooney, easy to remenber,we always make nickname to remember." "England used to have our Chinese coach, so they have straight line consciousness which European players seldom have." 

"it is hard for them to play with us,so they just to tring to struggling hard,they tried to make us upset,then they try to get chance,"

2nd Game last 3 points 
they tried to avoid XX's BH,hope to limit his BH,wait for his decline of his defence quality and then attach. on other aspects it'hard to limit us.This pair's Fh is good,they are good at attack but poor at defence,so they hope to put pressure on us through attack.This pair's style is a little bit like our Chinese players,so it's confortable for us to play.

The only one in the single's match who makes us unconfortable is the tall guy(Liam Pitchford).I remember it was in Rio Olympics, we prepare for the England, ML said that he fells strange to Liam,I asked why,and he said he haven't met him before,I said,haven't met him so fell strange?"

"the England pair give short balls(摆短)face to ML,they don't 挑打.they adjust according to the opponents.If it's not XX they got this point.they are good at it."(3rd game first 2 points)
danseemiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 8:07am
excellent info. Thanks.
DS
danseemiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 8:41am
I love the part where he says Ma Long's system is a maze and it's hard to get out from it.
You can see it in the eyes of his opponent.
DS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

I love the part where he says Ma Long's system is a maze and it's hard to get out from it.
You can see it in the eyes of his opponent.

yeah it really is...LOL  
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 9:36am
Hi Funny Bunny,

[thanks, it really is! are you professional player? : )]

Oh gosh no; I'm a professional coach.  The approach I took to being trained as a coach is to seek out the finest coaches available in our table tennis world for both formal coaching educational training and mentoring.  Such an objective necessitated extensive and extended international exposure.  This began with the exceptional two week class at the Manchester World's, with the top international coaches at the tournament functioning as instructors, including Michel Gadal, Glen Osth, Tickan Carlsson, and three coaches from the Chinese delegation, among many others of the best.

This ongoing process is decades long.

In general, the broadest conclusion drawn from being coaching educated by these outstanding instructors is that these individuals do, for certain, hold exceptional understandings and insights in the table tennis coaching field that other practitioners do not.  The distinctive depth and the richness of their thought is both rare and powerful.  Essentially, this precious sagacity may only be found through them.  Your fine work here in your translations reveals a precise example of their insights.

Specifically to the Chinese contribution in my process:  A few decades ago the USTTA hired Henan Li, a very high ranking coaching official in China, as its national head coach, accompanied by her husband.  She arrived in Denver, Colorado, quite some time before her start at coaching at the U.S. Olympic Center in Colorado Springs.  She lived in my house until she moved to Colorado Springs.  During that visit, she generously agreed to educate me in the Chinese philosophy, perspective, and structure of their highest level National Table Tennis Coaches' educational program.  

It is not possible to adequately express the invaluable information she conveyed in these long and detailed sessions.  Quite evidently, the Chinese table tennis coaching education system is unsurpassed in the world.  Liu Guoliang is a product of this system.

One branch from these sessions sprang from the very first session, where, within two minutes of her discussion, it became very clear that the basis of this system are the principles that define and govern the nature and the specifics of table tennis play.  All else rests on top of the principles.  This understanding led me, in my educational journey, to be particularly attentive to and aware of the foundational principles that underlie what was being expressed.  Ultimately, these understandings were the topic of my first book.

Thank you again for this valuable work here!

Donn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi Funny Bunny,

[thanks, it really is! are you professional player? : )]

Oh gosh no; I'm a professional coach.  The approach I took to being trained as a coach is to seek out the finest coaches available in our table tennis world for both formal coaching educational training and mentoring.  Such an objective necessitated extensive and extended international exposure. 

WOW! What a great career and experence you have!  can't imagine your life, how exciting it is.

yeah that you said is really ture. I think no matter what field (not only TT) the best people might be philosopher. the wisdom surpass fields, I am also touched and benfited from LGL's wisdom. I don't need to be like others in my field,(astrology),also I cannot, just like FZD don't need to be like ML and cannot be.

Besides LGL, also other Big guns did as commentator, like WangHao,ZhangYiNing, and one i like is Liu Wei, She was CNT player in1990's. once she did as commentator, she said that ZhangYiNing jump onto a step from"eager to win and fear for lose" to "eager to win and no fear for lose" and then she became undefeatable..... this impress me so deep...

I'm so glad you like my posts, i'll keep on updating, you can come back from time to time here, see you around~ good day!^o^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 11:40pm
WttC semifinal,CHN vs Sweden
1st game ML vs M Karlsson

(before the game)I really hope the boy can play(the boy sit beside the Old Karlsson).This player(M Karlsson) has some technical feature, he won several our player. his style,is like Chinese style, you can see.His fH is positive photoresist,particles(or short pips???). Even no Chinese plays it.It's really rare in the world.This kind of way may cause inadaptation on his opponent.

We always want all kind of different players, but under such strong competition,people choose inverted rubber(?),and give up short pips and penhold ways.

Now we see the Old Karlsson, he plays golf quite well.Persen(?) also plays tennis.they play several kinds of sports.hope we Chinese will be like this.

At the beginning,ML is not quite for sure on his spin, so it will be a little bit unconfortable.If ML play hard on BH stalemate,it will be easy to play.If more errors,ML avoid form it,then it will stuck in mud.Play against short pips players, it will be more easier when you play relax, if you play more tighter,more pressure on you.

after3-3 first set: ML prepared well.you see this point,he place short and calsson hit back with despin, you see, his push,this is his speciality, but 90% is straight line, so ML is wating for him obviously,he calculated it and catch him. One part is put short, another is BH stalemate,this two part, he is so tall, he can hardly do sideway, if you do good in this two parts, then he don't have much oppotunities.Now ML in lead(6-3) he will be more release,and more advantage will be. at first,ML played carefully.ML now is stable on the stalemate, you can tell his status through his receive.

(last points)ML serve a normal one,why? because his opponent's accuracy is not high, so ML didn't change. ML changes his ways according to his opponent,but LiuShiWen, she changes on her feelings, like yesterday...You see ML didn't make change (at the last point) why? he didn't want to leave any chance for him to find any opportunity.I said ML's understanding on technique and tactics are master level, change or not,there always reason, there must be strategic intent in it.logic thinking within each single point. I used to stop him immediately during training when i think it's unreasonable. Each point should dispose reasonable, because it relate to before and after ones. It should be that precise. ML do good on it, he bring others into his system. So that's why such strong player like FZD can't beat ML in major events.

not quite sure on the terms during translation.: (

Edited by FunnyBunny - 09/13/2018 at 3:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic