FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2019 at 4:54am
I'm using Andro hexer grip ( 45degree) on both Xiom feel ax and Yasaka Extra. 

Its very similar to Victas v15 stiff. 

Topsheet is firm, very very grippy, very very durable and not that bouncy.

Sometimes it feels like non tacky a Dhs h3 topsheet with a euro sponge.

Its fast but not tenergy, mxp, bluestrom kind of fast. Very spinny ( tenergy kind of spinny).

To me the only down side is throw angle is a bit too low and its not that bouncy so its not that easy to play away from the table. I had to adjust my bat angle a lot!
My previous rubber was t80 fx and its throw angle is higher than hexer grip.

Maybe thick but soft allwood blades or balsa+carbon blades would solve that throw angle issue. 
Still great rubber. I have to say again that rubber is durable! Better than tenergy for sure...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2019 at 7:00am
I'm selling powergrip is anyone is interested
Topsheet is very soft
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
kruno View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 10:05pm
Cant agree more. Just cut and glued it yesterday, topsheet very grippy and soft.

Very good for looping, kinda slow (i used on off- blade, victas fire fall fc), same speed as my old vega pro (max). very high throw. 
He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty

Lao Tzu
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

i glued 2 powergrip 2.1 and it added 102 grams! i thought it was like rasanter in weight but it isn't. playing with was a dream wonderful spin and feel the best i have tried so far but the weight is bothering me . donno if it exists another brand with the same characteristics but lighter.

have you found anything lighter?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2019 at 3:12pm
Hexer Grip vs G-1?
Hexer PowerGrip vs G-1?
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

Hexer Grip vs G-1?
Hexer PowerGrip vs G-1?

I'm interested as well.

I played with G-1 once over a year ago, so by no means in depth, but if I recall G-1 has a higher throw, harder top and overall feel than Powergrip. I struggled brushing with G-1, but never fail with Powergrip. 
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2019 at 11:40pm
If G-1 plays a bit hard, then FastArc C-1 would be an alternative.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2019 at 1:48am
G-1 definitely has a harder feel overall than the hexer grip and pg. G-1 is definitely a bit harder to use than both, but also more rewarding. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 1:57am
I've been using Hexer Powergrip and Hexer Grip on a few different blades of varying hardnesses and flex. I quickly gave up on Grip because I struggle with anything softer than 47 degrees, though its spin capabilities are on par with Rasant Grip, an old favorite of mine. Hexer Grip throws a touch higher and felt less controlled than Rasant Grip for reference.

For me, MX-S has long been the top dog of ESN spin capabilities, but I think Powergrip might be the new king. Powergrip is one of the best non-tacky brushing rubbers I've ever used right up there with MX-S. The difference between the two is Powergrip is more Euro/Jap where MX-S is more like a non-tacky Chinese rubber. Its easier to get height with Powergrip and doesn't require as much pure brushing or quality positioning, though it still requires it. Powergrip is slower than MX-S, but has a similar crispy feel. 

As others have mentioned, Powergrip shines in service. Holy mother is that thing spin heavy. One of the higher level players at the club couldn't believe he couldn't get his receives over the net. While it is spinny on every blade I tried, it is incredible on hinoki.

I think my only gripe with Powergrip and Grip is this weird, random non-linearity -- in passive play sometimes the ball will just die and in active strokes sometimes the ball will launch further than expected, but only sometimes. Its not a linear slowing like I've experienced with Rakza X, MX-S, TG2 Neo, S3-60, etc. and it has occurred on all the blades I tested them on. Edit: Of course, this could just be a technique issue of mine.

Edited by DLC1325 - 11/12/2019 at 1:59am
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2019 at 10:22pm
Do these behave similarly: Baracuda (and softer Baracuda Big Slam) vs Hexer PowerGrip ( and softer Hexer Grip)
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

Do these behave similarly: Baracuda (and softer Baracuda Big Slam) vs Hexer PowerGrip ( and softer Hexer Grip)

Hexer Grip was way easier to control for me, felt more solid, but I could never get along with Baracuda probably because of that high throw. Hexer Powergrip is harder than Baracuda.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

For me, MX-S has long been the top dog of ESN spin capabilities, but I think Powergrip might be the new king. Powergrip is one of the best non-tacky brushing rubbers I've ever used right up there with MX-S. The difference between the two is Powergrip is more Euro/Jap where MX-S is more like a non-tacky Chinese rubber. Its easier to get height with Powergrip and doesn't require as much pure brushing or quality positioning, though it still requires it. 

Excellent analysis. I completely agree.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

I think my only gripe with Powergrip and Grip is this weird, random non-linearity -- in passive play sometimes the ball will just die and in active strokes sometimes the ball will launch further than expected, but only sometimes. Its not a linear slowing like I've experienced with Rakza X, MX-S, TG2 Neo, S3-60, etc. and it has occurred on all the blades I tested them on. Edit: Of course, this could just be a technique issue of mine.

I am struggling with that non-linearity grey area with MX-s a little, but a lot with MX-P.  You express it perfectly.  

The only 'technique issue' is not power looping with a fully complete stroke/depth into the sponge shot.  That is where the catapult is welcome... there are so many other basic just tap the ball to a corner for position shots where it is not.  And the surprise of it kicking long OUCH.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic