Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victas V15 Extra vs Tibhar MXP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victas V15 Extra vs Tibhar MXP
    Posted: 09/13/2018 at 7:46pm
Hello,
I m interested in yours opinions which is spinnier, faster, harder, better for service, recive, better for blocking, better for close to table loops, better for new abs balls. Advanced thankfull
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Sponsored Links

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 3:50am
I have both the Victas V15 Extra and MXP. MXP is better hands down. Depending on your level, the V15 might give you the impression that it is better but the higher you go the more evident it becomes that the V15 is inferior in all aspects.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 4:29am
Both are good rubbers. I find the victas v15 spinnier on thin brush contacts. Although in the long run i would saY the v15 is much more durable.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 6:22am
Thanks!
V15 has great durability, almost like Tenergies.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2020 at 5:29pm
I noticed that v15 plays well when you make a thin brushing contact, then the arc is good. But when you try to impart more power with a thicker contact, v15 starts behaving like a brick wall - no catapult, no spin, no "chinese" dwell-crack-and-shoot, just a flattish ball going always long. Observed on three different blades. Even the good old Hexer behaves better in this department.
Did anyone observe the same effect?
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2020 at 9:10pm
I just asked similar question in the same section few days ago. Can you guys also compare these two rubbers with Gewo Hype?
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 12:37am
I do not know anything about Gewo Hype, I play with MX-P and have tried Victas v-15. 

I would say that MX-P is the best rubber for FH overall ... it is also in my opinion the best FH rubber out there (better than Tenergy05 for me).

If MX-P has a weakness, it is it's short game due to the speed of the rubber. Sure , you can keep the ball short and low BUT not in the same way as an H3 can. Placement likewise is very good for a fast rubber and on attacking fast shots its super precise, but on very short tight situations there will be rubbers (like H3) which give more precision. 

Apart from that MX-P has excellent serves, excellent spin, spin increases as you put more power - there is no real upper limit, it's good from all distances (close because the throw is not as high as Tenergy) and far because it has immense power / counterlooping abilities, catapult.

Passive blocking is great because the rubber is fast and every block is a threat, it is not as sensitive to spin as Tenergy05, but maybe Victas is even less sensitive.

It's absolutely consistent. It is not an all round rubber, it rewards attacking more than anything, however it does everything well. 

I especially like that with the MX-P you can spin the ball in many ways, hitting through the sponge, brushing, slow spinny loops, powerloops, even flat hits, or side spin FH attacks are great.

On the attack the only area i don't like so much is the smash -  love smashing a high ball and it is one of my best shots, but with the MX-P it's important to add just a tiny but of spin, not play for the pure flat smash, otherwise the control reduces a lot and it can go long or even fall into the net at times. It is easy to add that tiny bit of spin to solve the issue but I don't feel it as satisfying as a pure smash like at the time of my old favourite the Stiga Mendo MP (90s!). 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I have both the Victas V15 Extra and MXP. MXP is better hands down. Depending on your level, the V15 might give you the impression that it is better but the higher you go the more evident it becomes that the V15 is inferior in all aspects.

To me, V15 extra is one of the best rubbers for playing defensive strokes and being able to make the offensive transition. MXP is very hard to deal with if you want to chop from behind.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 6:06am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

To me, V15 extra is one of the best rubbers for playing defensive strokes and being able to make the offensive transition. MXP is very hard to deal with if you want to chop from behind.
The OP didn’t say anything about chopping from behind!
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2020 at 10:10am

Hey, would you recommend v15 extra for modern defence? How does it compare to chinese rubbers? Cuz I'm trying to find an alternative to my hurricane due to its weight, but most European rubbers are either too fast for chopping or too slow for powerlooping.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 7:34pm
I am a defender and it's perfect for both power loops and controlled shots. I don't FH chop much but as a defender I of course push a lot.. Someone said if you play weak shot it would give you a weak ball -- 100% true. This rubber is not for beginners and it's very linear and predictable. Similar to a boosted hurricane is some way. Durability is excellent. The top sheet lasts forever however the sponge loses its top end speed after a few months, all depends on how often you play.

P.s. I have had it on my forehand since late 2018 so you can say I know it fairly well LOL 
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 10:33pm
Sounds like a rubber very worth putting some time into:
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

This rubber is not for beginners and it's very linear and predictable. Similar to a boosted hurricane is some way. 

Then, how do you like it as a BH rubber? Do you find it suitable for both BH and FH, for an all round, but aggressive game? 
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 1:41am
Originally posted by serr serr wrote:

Hey, would you recommend v15 extra for modern defence? How does it compare to chinese rubbers? Cuz I'm trying to find an alternative to my hurricane due to its weight, but most European rubbers are either too fast for chopping or too slow for powerlooping.

I did play with TG3 and Hurricane in defense but the weight is very heavy and the problem is also that you need to bbost the hurricane otherwise, it is not possible to counterattack. It increases the weight and it becomes less convenient for a regular chopping game: sometimes you chop 1 ball very good and then, the next one, you send it in the low part of the net. V15 extra is very good for chopping, fishing and counterattacking...and I don't boost it.

Edited by kakapo - 01/07/2020 at 1:41am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

Sounds like a rubber very worth putting some time into:

This rubber is not for beginners and it's very linear and predictable. Similar to a boosted hurricane is some way. 

Then, how do you like it as a BH rubber? Do you find it suitable for both BH and FH, for an all round, but aggressive game? 

V15 is an excellent bh rubber. My son plays a softer version, limber, on both sides. I have v15 extra on both sides of my training/multiball blade and it's a very good all-around rubber.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 12:39pm
Very good boosted 1 layer ;]

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2020 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

i tried boosting worn v15s in the past ... When I say  worn, its topsheet is still very grippy but the sponge is dead (2-3 months of use).
In my experience booster extends its life by maybe 3-4 hours and that's it. Totally useless for me.
New V15 out of the packaging plays very very good without any booster.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2020 at 11:57pm

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

i tried boosting worn v15s in the past ... When I say  worn, its topsheet is still very grippy but the sponge is dead (2-3 months of use).
In my experience booster extends its life by maybe 3-4 hours and that's it. Totally useless for me.
New V15 out of the packaging plays very very good without any booster.
I just boost it to break it in, it's too hard for the backhand for me without it

Then for the next few months it plays great!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 10:10am
2 layers of Falco long works well for Extra 15 sponge to restore some life back. Topsheet grippyness is hard to restore, at least from what I experienced.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2020 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

I do not know anything about Gewo Hype, I play with MX-P and have tried Victas v-15. 

I would say that MX-P is the best rubber for FH overall ... it is also in my opinion the best FH rubber out there (better than Tenergy05 for me).

If MX-P has a weakness, it is it's short game due to the speed of the rubber. Sure , you can keep the ball short and low BUT not in the same way as an H3 can. Placement likewise is very good for a fast rubber and on attacking fast shots its super precise, but on very short tight situations there will be rubbers (like H3) which give more precision. 

Apart from that MX-P has excellent serves, excellent spin, spin increases as you put more power - there is no real upper limit, it's good from all distances (close because the throw is not as high as Tenergy) and far because it has immense power / counterlooping abilities, catapult.

Passive blocking is great because the rubber is fast and every block is a threat, it is not as sensitive to spin as Tenergy05, but maybe Victas is even less sensitive.

It's absolutely consistent. It is not an all round rubber, it rewards attacking more than anything, however it does everything well. 

I especially like that with the MX-P you can spin the ball in many ways, hitting through the sponge, brushing, slow spinny loops, powerloops, even flat hits, or side spin FH attacks are great.

On the attack the only area i don't like so much is the smash -  love smashing a high ball and it is one of my best shots, but with the MX-P it's important to add just a tiny but of spin, not play for the pure flat smash, otherwise the control reduces a lot and it can go long or even fall into the net at times. It is easy to add that tiny bit of spin to solve the issue but I don't feel it as satisfying as a pure smash like at the time of my old favourite the Stiga Mendo MP (90s!). 

That is interesting to me, because MXP does everything i want from it from an attacking sense, so i largely agree with you. Slow loops, fast loops and pure flat hits. The ability for the rubber to support having 3 attacks that are completely different [in speed and spin, therefore requiring more adjustment and skill from an opponent to contend with] is very useful.  

I play with the MXP on the forehand and utilize flat smashes extensively and I've never had a problem attaining consistency aside from when its an issue with me [i.e. didn't play for a few weeks  so a bit off in some sense etc]. The easiest balls to hit straight through are light topspin / nospin, and the higher above the net the easier too as more margin for error.

The most important indicator to me for making flat FH or BH smashes is correct foot placement. If you are able to position well and have the technique / timing down, there is no reason you shouldn't make 90+% on FH or BH flat smashes when someone is lobbing / allowing me to smash in either training or a training match. In a competitive match, the goal is to get as close to that training # as possible, given the additional pressure causes one thing or the other to break down - but if you can get a high % in training, that means its not the rubbers fault, no?

If you were using and actively remembering rubber that is 30 years old (90s), I'm guessing the feet aren't quite as quick as they used to be, and that's what might make smaller things like the rubber not being absolutely 100% suited, a bigger deal.

The main weaknesses if nitpicking with MX-P to me, is the weight and longevity. The latter is counteracted by how cheap it is (110 odd euro gets you 4 sheets shipped at any time from multiple sellers), so the main one is the weight. An MXP plus an ESN BH rubber on most blades leaves you in the 190s for overall bat weight

Edited by Basquests - 01/17/2020 at 9:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic