FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Table Tennis Sites in Europe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Sites in Europe
    Posted: 09/13/2018 at 11:00pm
Next year I'm attending the World Science Fiction Convention in Dublin, Ireland, Aug. 15-18. (In my free time, I wrote science fiction - four novels and 93 short story sales.) 

Afterwards I'm taking a roughly 3-week car tour of Europe. I plan to visit many major cities and historical sites - London, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Athens, Krakow and hopefully the pyramids in Egypt. I will visit Stonehenge; Auschwitz, Birkenau, and Treblinka in Poland; the ancient ruins of Greece and Rome; the Louvre; and so on. (I've been to Asia a number of times for table tennis, but I've never been to Europe.) I might finish the tour with the 2019 European Championships, Sept. 3-8, in Nantes, France. Not sure yet.

But I also want to visit some of the major table tennis centers in Europe. I would have loved to visit the Werner Schlager Academy, but alas, they are closed, and alas, the ITTF Museum moved to China.

What table tennis clubs or sites in Europe would you recommend? 
-Larry Hodges
Professional Table Tennis Coach & Writer
Member, USATT Hall of Fame
USATT National & ITTF Certified Coach
Butterfly Sponsored
Chair, USATT Coaching Committee
www.TableTennisCoaching.com
www.MDTTC.com
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 11:25am
Apparently Europe is a barren table tennis wasteland. :)
-Larry Hodges
Professional Table Tennis Coach & Writer
Member, USATT Hall of Fame
USATT National & ITTF Certified Coach
Butterfly Sponsored
Chair, USATT Coaching Committee
www.TableTennisCoaching.com
www.MDTTC.com
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 11:33am

Hi Larry , Hennebont in Brittany , friendliest club around , Boris is head coach they play in the top division in France home of Kreanga now Pitchford . They have in house top juniors , open everyday . They speak quite good English .
Siesta Key
Darker Speed 90
Asia 7/Tour 7
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 12:25pm
Might be worth posting it here as well - TTD is a much more Europe-centric forum: 

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com//forum/forum.php
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 12:55pm
Zugbrucke Grenzau, outside of Dusseldorf has a great TT school and a  Pro Bundesliga team as well as several teams in different divisions. I believe Kanak Jha is training there.  The staff and coaches were super nice and the location is super scenic. 
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 12:57pm
Balbriggan Table Tennis club, North County Dublin. Friendly, great hall, great players. (Ok, I'm slightly biased here!) http://bttc.irish/

Balgriffin TT Club, Dublin. Great club, really friendly, great players. (Again, biased...LOL)

Neither of these, however, are major centres of TT in Europe. Just friendly outposts in a distant galaxy of the TT universe...set long pips to stun!
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

Balbriggan Table Tennis club, North County Dublin. Friendly, great hall, great players. (Ok, I'm slightly biased here!) http://bttc.irish/

Balgriffin TT Club, Dublin. Great club, really friendly, great players. (Again, biased...LOL)

Neither of these, however, are major centres of TT in Europe. Just friendly outposts in a distant galaxy of the TT universe...set long pips to stun!

Hijacking thread - are these open on Saturday? Will be in Dublin mid-October , so can bring my pips with me :) .
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 1:26pm
Yep. Balbriggan TTC is open every Sat. at 11am. Message me first and I'll confirm in case of extraordinary circumstances and/or can give you directions or recommend another club closer to where you're staying.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by larrytt larrytt wrote:

Next year I'm attending the World Science Fiction Convention in Dublin, Ireland, Aug. 15-18. (In my free time, I wrote science fiction - four novels and 93 short story sales.) 

Afterwards I'm taking a roughly 3-week car tour of Europe. I plan to visit many major cities and historical sites - London, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Athens, Krakow and hopefully the pyramids in Egypt. I will visit Stonehenge; Auschwitz, Birkenau, and Treblinka in Poland; the ancient ruins of Greece and Rome; the Louvre; and so on. (I've been to Asia a number of times for table tennis, but I've never been to Europe.) I might finish the tour with the 2019 European Championships, Sept. 3-8, in Nantes, France. Not sure yet.

But I also want to visit some of the major table tennis centers in Europe. I would have loved to visit the Werner Schlager Academy, but alas, they are closed, and alas, the ITTF Museum moved to China.

What table tennis clubs or sites in Europe would you recommend? 
-Larry Hodges

Depends where you're staying in London. Moberly, Fusion, Morpeth, Barnet, Ellenborough TTCs are all pretty good.

Why not reach out to Eli Baraty for London. Perhaps you two could host a training session together for advanced juniors and even record a video for us
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic