Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 5:16am
OK, me firstSmile, Only 20mins practice so I'll leave the details to the expert reviewers.

Overall T05H has a high throw with a similar feel to H8 but unique in its own right. Good for those deep, high topspin loops. Excellent at blocking and very controllable on serve receive. Great for those who can’t quite get to grips with T05 and can’t figure out which is the best Hurricane to buy. There are no ambiguities with T05H.

Butterfly has struck gold again and will once more cause me to ignore my children's financial welfare.

Edited by Tinykin - 11/01/2018 at 5:19am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 6:03am
Nice! I'm looking forward to trying a sheet now. I remember people wanting a harder 05 years ago on the forum. I think it makes a lot more sense in these plastic times.

Still expensive though, of course. No getting away from it.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 6:53am
Will order a red sheet of T05H later today and slap it on a 1-ply kiso-hinoki j-pen by Xiom. Curious to see how that will work out. Never used hinoki or j-pen before...
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 7:40am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Nice! I'm looking forward to trying a sheet now. I remember people wanting a harder 05 years ago on the forum. I think it makes a lot more sense in these plastic times.

And another thing is, really really hard. Like way harder than any ESN rubber. Usable for mere amateurs?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 9:10am
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

And another thing is, really really hard. Like way harder than any ESN rubber. Usable for mere amateurs?

It depends. Hard doesn't necessarily mean massively fast. From one perspective, it can mean more linear, lower catapult. It can make some features of gameplay easier than 05-fx, for example, depending on what you personally find tricky. And I use slower blades these days so...

It's still softer than the spinart sponge, so there's that!

I don't play like the pros do, but I might like it for other reasons than the pros do too. With me, it's just curiosity. I've ordered one today.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:01am
Does anyone think T05H will benefit from a Chinese booster and how many layers is appropriate for a new rubber?
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Does anyone think T05H will benefit from a Chinese booster and how many layers is appropriate for a new rubber?

Why would you boost a brand new tenergy rubber... they do not handle booster well and actually get worse and too mushy. I would advise against that especially since it looks like you have no clue on boosting steps. Only if it was old and dead try it but not new...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

Why would you boost a brand new tenergy rubber... they do not handle booster well and actually get worse and too mushy. I would advise against that especially since it looks like you have no clue on boosting steps. Only if it was old and dead try it but not new...

I have never boosted new Jap /Euro rubbers and specifically T05H - that is why I asked.  FYI I actively boost my Chinese rubbers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:52am

I have never boosted new Jap /Euro rubbers and specifically T05H - that is why I asked.  FYI I actively boost my Chinese rubbers.

Esn rubbers doesn't need any booster if that is the case you need to look into softer rubbers instead of trying to ruin something meant for a specific playing style or rubber characteristics. Esn rubbers are boosted from the factory
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:52am

1. Boosting T05 is quite common in European leagues (& also at pro level). However, those players have high ratings (>2400). They know more than us if T05 handles booster well and whether it improves performance at their level
  2. T05 hard is not T05. It is quite possible that it was made to be boosted (as a lot of harder sponged rubbers are)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

1. Boosting T05 is quite common in European leagues (& also at pro level). However, those players have high ratings (>2400). They know more than us if T05 handles booster well and whether it improves performance at their level
  2. T05 hard is not T05. It is quite possible that it was made to be boosted (as a lot of harder sponged rubbers are)

Slevin they also use different tenergy rubbers than the known public at least from what I've heard for example t05 topsheet with t64 sponge lol.

Edited by HarmonicTT - 11/01/2018 at 10:54am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 10:56am

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Slevin they also use different tenergy rubbers than the known public at least from what I've heard for example t05 topsheet with t64 sponge lol.

I think that combination is called t64.  From what I read, the sponge is same for 05, 80, 64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 11:33am
It was an example not literal.... there's soo called pro tenergy rubbers aka prott.vip lol
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 12:36pm

It was an example not literal.... there's soo called pro tenergy rubbers aka prott.vip lol

You do know that those 'things' that prott.vip claims are pro-tenergy may not be what they claim to be, right?

Also, even IF a select few pros get custom sponge hardness T05 delivered to you (a unproven claim), that does not mean that the entirety of all the European domestic leagues (ie: the 'boosters') get them.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 2:26pm
How much does it weight? Uncut and Cut to a butterfly standard blade size?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

How much does it weight? Uncut and Cut to a butterfly standard blade size?

My personal bat weighs 189g. The test bat, TBS ALC with T05R/T05H, weighed about the same in a rough comparison. So the test bat maximum weight would be around 191g. We know the T05H is heavier than T05R so make a judgement from those estimations.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 2:53am
So we have soft tenergy (05fx), medium tenergy (05) and hard tenergy (05H).
I am still waiting for medium hard 05 and medium soft 05 Smile
It is big difference between 36 and 43 sponge hardness.

Edited by Roni - 11/02/2018 at 2:58am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 10:17am

what does 43 degrees tenergy = ESN scale or DHS scale?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 11:14am
found out DHS and BTY use the same scale.  43 is very hard then.  I have never used anything beyond 40/41.
jaja31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaja31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 8:22pm
Butterfly Timo Boll CAF
T05 hard 2.1mm red
Victas V15 extra 2.0 black

I have no style in my game, just adapt to the situation. Can play in offensive way with active blocks, as well as defense (cutman), or spins at mid distance (BH, FH). And I have nice serves, short, long. As many player but I like heavy serves with lot of rotation, and variations on the amount of rotation. 

Due to injury on my shoulder, I am testing light weight blades (like Aero OFF+, Donic Balsa Carbo Fleece, recently Maze Performance, Tibhar rapid carbon light). They are <80g. But I derived from this idea by purchasing a 82g blade (Timo Boll CAF) because it has high speed and excellent control at light weight (compared to better blades like ALC, ZLC, or else). 

I was looking for a harder rubber on my BH, to get more safety on blocks. Usually I have a Xiom Omega VII 2.0mm on BH, with quite good speed but it is a polyvalent rubber, adapted to my way of playing. Then I tested T05 Hard 2 days ago to replace Xiom 7. 

The T05 hard is not as hard as I thought, but I improved BH for blocks and short spins, as well as mid distance. I can safely place the ball where my eyes are looking. 

- faster than Xiom Omega VII and Victas V15 extra (all in 2.0mm range, not max thickness : not tried).
- feeling : not so hard, but a little bit harder than Xiom 7, V15extra, and GT47.   
- spin is almost the same. 
- Active blocks easier
- short blocks : very nice (mostly due to the blade control perf)
- mid distance : fast, good trajectory, nice side spin (BH), very secure play 

So I used Xiom 7 on FH, and T05 hard on BH ! I can reverse easily. 

I suppose T05 hard is maybe closed to Cornilleau GT51 even I did not tried it. Maybe some players can compare. I also think that table tennis is gently moving to hard rubbers, and middle soft blade (just a feeling). 

I will say that the blade performance contributes a lot (maybe 80%) to get nice speed together with very good control and spin. Much more than the rubber itself because they have all almost the same performances. It is a question of "overall" feeling (blade + rubber). 

About the feelings, T05 hard is nice and super easy to play. It is not a revolution, maybe more a commercial thing, but it was worth to test it. However, I played in the past with T05, and I found that this rubber looses most of its performance after 1 year. So it needs to be changed quite often. I prefer long lifetime rubbers due to budget concerns. 

On FH, I like soft rubbers like Victas V15 extra or Cornilleau GT47, or even Xiom Omega VII  for heavy spin close to the table and easy spins at mid distance (including side spins, cut spin(yes), and defense). 

So I am quite happy with this racket, excepted that the weight is still a little bit high for me (as I have a painful shoulder for 1 year ...due to excess of Stiga Carbonado 290 use ... 95g). 

Amultart 88g - T05 2.1 - T05 2.1
Tokyo, League Division 2. Playing for more than 40 years
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 2:38pm
My uncut sheet is 76g 2.1 thickness

Edited by jpenmaster - 11/05/2018 at 8:43am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 3:44pm
jpenmaster, does it feel as hard or harder than a 40 or 41% H3?
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 5:19pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 7:30pm
That's a nice blade you got there taczkid.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 7:35pm

Not sure yet. Me and a friend train for 3 hours on Sunday. So by tomorrow night I should have a good feel for T05 Hard. I normally play with T05 and it's been a while since I tried H3 . So I am not sure I can answer your question correctly.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Not sure yet. Me and a friend train for 3 hours on Sunday. So by tomorrow night I should have a good feel for T05 Hard. I normally play with T05 and it's been a while since I tried H3 . So I am not sure I can answer your question correctly.
ok whatever description / comparison in terms of hardiness or otherwise will be helpful
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 8:39am
i had some problems with the tenergy 05 hard (1,9mm) on my timo boll zlc, i played against a lefty and all my half long services went to long (i contact mostly for a good halflong serve the ball on middle of my table) but with the tenergy 05 hard the went to long, i think i should be more gently with the contact by my service and train more to archive the length i want, i hope you have some tipps

Edited by GabrielTopspin - 11/04/2018 at 8:39am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

i had some problems with the tenergy 05 hard (1,9mm) on my timo boll zlc, i played against a lefty and all my half long services went to long (i contact mostly for a good halflong serve the ball on middle of my table) but with the tenergy 05 hard the went to long, i think i should be more gently with the contact by my service and train more to archive the length i want, i hope you have some tipps

what were you using before?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 7:54pm
Just played with T05 Hard for a couple hours. Obviously it has a harder feel but not as dramatic as I thought it would be. T05 Hard is slightly faster and has a more direct less arcing shot than regular T05. Blocking is easier with the hard version. For service I dont really notice much of a difference. I didn't get a lot of work in the short game today so I can't comment on that. For me personally there isn't that big of a difference between the 2 rubbers.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Just played with T05 Hard for a couple hours. Obviously it has a harder feel but not as dramatic as I thought it would be. T05 Hard is slightly faster and has a more direct less arcing shot than regular T05. Blocking is easier with the hard version. For service I dont really notice much of a difference. I didn't get a lot of work in the short game today so I can't comment on that. For me personally there isn't that big of a difference between the 2 rubbers.
still sounds like an improvement
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic