Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 5:49pm
I'll have to admit I'm somewhat intrigued by this rubber, but doesn't it bother anyone that this is how Butterfly describes all of their eighty dollar Tenergy rubbers:

"Tenergy is a highly delicate product. We recommend you protect the rubber surface with rubber protective film after a match or practice."

Eighty bucks and it's highly delicate?  Things that make you go hmmmm.

Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 11/08/2018 at 5:49pm
Sponsored Links

sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 7:39pm
I am interested in knowing backhand side performance on alc blade ,anyone yet ?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I'll have to admit I'm somewhat intrigued by this rubber, but doesn't it bother anyone that this is how Butterfly describes all of their eighty dollar Tenergy rubbers:

"Tenergy is a highly delicate product. We recommend you protect the rubber surface with rubber protective film after a match or practice."

???

That is something that is innate for table tennis rubbers, period
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

???

That is something that is innate for table tennis rubbers, period

Depends on the rubber. I've played with rubbers that crumble(soft ones) relatively easily. But most I've played look fine even after several weeks of use. I remember using TG2 at one time for several months and it still had decent grip. .... certainly not delicate. Didn't even need a protective sheet. Just kept in gym bag.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:34pm
I have T05H/T05 on an ALC blade. I use it on my fh but fliped it over a few times to try on the bh. For me personally it was a little too hard and direct for my taste. It does block really well and has great touch but I like T05 better on my bh. I have an OSP Virtuoso I'm going to try T05H on next week for those of you who want to know how it does on all wood.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:26am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I have an OSP Virtuoso I'm going to try T05H on next week for those of you who want to know how it does on all wood.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:30am
Is it easy to do banana flicks with 05 hard ?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Short update.......... "I found it easier to use than regular 05", .......

That's the key statement that I take from your league match experience.

This was the most important aspect for me.  If it was a handful, I would have resigned it to the eBay cupboard immediately.

I have an OSP Virtuoso I'm going to try T05H on next week for those of you who want to know how it does on all wood.

That would be great to hear.  I'm putting it on a Sweden Extra next week.

Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

It's OK. I prefer to keep flicks low and tight and use softer BH rubber, so when I tried 05H on BH I found flicks would give a higher ball.  Good spin, but short and open to attack.  I'm sure adjustment would sort this out, but it's not my kind of BH rubber really.

Originally posted by gianlucamusco gianlucamusco wrote:

Hi Andy, which blade are using now with T05H? Thank you :)

Yinhe M201.  Amazing blade.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:38am

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Short update.......... "I found it easier to use than regular 05", .......

That's the key statement that I take from your league match experience.

This was the most important aspect for me.  If it was a handful, I would have resigned it to the eBay cupboard immediately.

That would be great to hear.  I'm putting it on a Sweden Extra next week.

It's OK. I prefer to keep flicks low and tight and use softer BH rubber, so when I tried 05H on BH I found flicks would give a higher ball.  Good spin, but short and open to attack.  I'm sure adjustment would sort this out, but it's not my kind of BH rubber really.

Originally posted by gianlucamusco gianlucamusco wrote:

Hi Andy, which blade are using now with T05H? Thank you :)

Yinhe M201.  Amazing blade.

As always, great insights, Andy, with the requisite humour and humility. I'm gonna stick with normal 05 for the time being, but if I stumble across a used sheet for a reasonable price, who knows? But as a lazy guy who is, as often as not, out of position and lunging for balls, 05 is ideal. I don't need to be working any harder at my hobby!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:57am
Thanks for the info
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 9:23am
Could anyone tell more about the rubber's dwell time in comparison to regular 05 ?
I guess 05 hard would have a bit less than 05
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 9:31am

Could anyone tell more about the rubber's dwell time in comparison to regular 05 ?
I guess 05 hard would have a bit less than 05

Yes.  More noticeable the softer the shot you play.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 11:00am
Who pro player is using tenergy 05 hard on backhand ?
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 11:26am

Who pro player is using tenergy 05 hard on backhand ?

Lee Sangsu, from what I've read (such as https://tabletennis-reference.com/player/detail/105).
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 11:37am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 1:34pm
I have also had my first test (round about an hour) with my new T05H (1,9 mm red) and the first impressions were really good. I have tested it on the forehand of a HL5 with T05 black 1,9 on backhand. 

From the first moment I was surprised that T05H did not feel sooo hard.
Here you can see a comparison of T05H red 1,9 with T05 black 1,9.
Both rubbers are lying on a small bottle (the same bottle on each side).
From the picture it looks as if T05 would be the harder rubber - why ever

Where the T05H really shines:
- active blocking (much better than T05)
- looping from mid distance (much better for me compared to the normal T05 and H3)
- topspin against topspin

More positive points:
- ball-placement is very easy 
- very linear characteristics
- good speed-control-ratio

Not so good in the first test:
- slow looping from underspin of the opponent (the arc could be higher for my tasting)

Conclusion:
I am really surprised, because T05H does not feel as hard as I thought. Maybe a thicker T05H would feel harder. Especially from mid distance it is totally easy to loop again and again without full body movement. If I get managed the low arc at the table, this will be a very interesting option.

During the training-session I also switched the side and testet T05H on backhand and it is also playable there, if you play active. 

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 1:56pm
Is it better than 05 on flicks ,mostly banana ?
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 2:21pm
I like 05Hard better for all parts of the game (in my opinion). I have been playing with it since it came out, and after I would say 10hrs of play it plays even better and once you get used to it you will feel very comfortable performing most of the strokes. It is also great rubber for blocking especially if you add a little of you own pace, your opponents will be under great pressure. Speed is great, where as regular 05 is often too much catapult and can often send your shots long or too high. 05H is on the other hand very fast when you decide to play fast and very controllable when you do slower shots (no unexpected catapult like from 05). Some players asked how it is on backhand <-will try to answer this. At first I thought it is too hard and was a bit tricky to play. After about 5 sessions (2hr each) I found that I can easily topspin on the backhand with crazy arc and spin, also I found backhand blocking to be superior. Definitely I would say that it requires wood or wood/carbon blade that is not too fast, not too hard and I think once you stick with this rubber on backhand and forehand for I would say 1 month, you will see that once you adjust to it you will really like it. Banana flick are very easy with this rubber (for me easier than with regular 05). I noticed that overall since I started playing with 05H I do less mistakes of my own, my overall game has more spin, I can return ball shorter if needed (especially serve return), I can commit more to every topspin stroke without hesitation. I also like the sound this rubber makes, it is not super loud but I would describe it as QUALITY sounds (similar to PRO Chinese boosted rubbers). Price of any Tenergy in my opinion is a bit to high, but performance wise it is a rubber in its own category. I tried often other rubbers, they either shrinked, or lasted half the life of Tenergy so I made a decision to just stick with T05H and try to take really good care of it, usually hard rubbers last long so hopefyly 05H can last a year without significant lose of its properties. Will try to post updates in a month or so.
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 2:32pm
Played t05hard for 1 month on Fh since I got a sample one from dealer. I can confirm all of taczkid’s post.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 3:02pm
Great man thank you for review regarding backhand
I will order 2 sheets
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 5:08pm
Thanks taczkid for the review. In which blade did you try the rubber on the backhand side?

Edited by Makelele - 11/14/2018 at 5:12pm
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 5:23pm
the blade that I currently use with T05Hard is a custom made by Jpenmaster on this forum. I have some photos of the blade in this particular forum about t05h. The blade is I would say off- to off in speed, has ebony outer and thin layer of carbon, but plays more like wooden blade then carbon blade. I would say it is a bit similar in play to Viscaria but has better spin and slightly slower. Friend of mine did put the 05Hard on his Viscaria and he likes it a lot, his setup is a bit faster.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

the blade that I currently use with T05Hard is a custom made by Jpenmaster on this forum. I have some photos of the blade in this particular forum about t05h. The blade is I would say off- to off in speed, has ebony outer and thin layer of carbon, but plays more like wooden blade then carbon blade. I would say it is a bit similar in play to Viscaria but has better spin and slightly slower. Friend of mine did put the 05Hard on his Viscaria and he likes it a lot, his setup is a bit faster.

Did you do a frequency test on your blade?

Edited by lineup32 - 11/14/2018 at 8:44pm
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2018 at 10:26pm
The blade is Kiri core, Black Limba, Innegra S and Ebony outer.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I have also had my first test (round about an hour) with my new T05H (1,9 mm red) and the first impressions were really good. I have tested it on the forehand of a HL5 with T05 black 1,9 on backhand. 

From the first moment I was surprised that T05H did not feel sooo hard.
Here you can see a comparison of T05H red 1,9 with T05 black 1,9.
Both rubbers are lying on a small bottle (the same bottle on each side).
From the picture it looks as if T05 would be the harder rubber - why ever

Let me know, please
   -- Uncut Weight T05H and T05 regular, by grammes.
   -- Is the hard sponge looking porous as compared to regular one.

Thanks a lot
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2018 at 12:12am
50 gr t05hard vs 49 gr t05. 157x150 butterfly blade.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

50 gr t05hard vs 49 gr t05. 157x150 butterfly blade.

Was there glue on each rubber when you weighed?

For comparison, I just weighed Stiga Mantra M; 157x50mm, max thickness, no glue = 47g.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2018 at 2:21pm
T05H is 76g uncut vs 69g for T05. See Dan's video.
KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2018 at 1:07am
New Tenergy05 hard 2.1mm for sale $73 shipped in USA.
Thx
Klhfans
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by KLHfans KLHfans wrote:

New Tenergy05 hard 2.1mm for sale $73 shipped in USA.
Thx
Klhfans

Did you mean to post this in the For Sale area?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic