Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 7:59am
2 hours test and i'm not impressed. Definitely more difficult to play with it compared to T05 regular. Of course warm up was excellent because it's new, but during matches - nope. And i'm not that fast anymore and it requires force like every other hard rubber. In other words it doesn't help when you are out of position. Gosh, this rubber is really harder than i expected. If it not brake in soon i will boost it for sure. Some weird stuff in the short game like pop up too many balls, pushes in the net or going long. I suppose i'm too used to the regular (boosted) and i'll need to get used. This rubber is for pros really and shines brightly in one department - counter looping.
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 9:55am

To all appearance, TARGET-47 should be the closest twin of the 05HARD.   And vice versa.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

To all appearance, TARGET-47 should be the closest twin of the 05HARD.   And vice versa.

Hi,

Recently switched to TARGET-47 backhand and TARGET-51 forehand on Calderano's all wood blade.

I think you are right about the comparison with Tenergy O5 Hard.

I love my racket.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 10:18am
how does this make sense, Pro GT 47 = 05H.  Isn't the 05H with much harder sponge?
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

how does this make sense, Pro GT 47 = 05H.  Isn't the 05H with much harder sponge?

This rubber series based on the video appears to mirror the GEWO EL Pro 48 which I recently tested. Easy to use rubber but very different from the T05H.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by lineup32 lineup32 wrote:

This rubber series based on the video appears to mirror the GEWO EL Pro 48 which I recently tested. Easy to use rubber but very different from the T05H.

I have the EL Pro 48 as well.  My 05H  hasn't arrived but I can't imagine they are alike

Edited by tom - 11/20/2018 at 12:45pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 1:44pm

Originally posted by lineup32 lineup32 wrote:

I have the EL Pro 48 as well.  My 05H  hasn't arrived but I can't imagine they are alike

Hi,

You may be correct about the dissimilarities.  My comment was based on the descriptions of Tenergy 05 Hard playing characteristics as they resembled my experience with TARGET 47 and 51.  Without playing with 05H, I am unable to access how comparatively hard the sponge is which, prominently, would be a major consideration in the likeness between them.  My impression of the several comments contrasting 05 with 05H promoted the sense of a gravitating similarity also between the two rubbers in question. 

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 5:55pm
I used T05H on a stiff defensive blade on Sunday, a Nittaku Resist II which is made of birch and hardened snow willow, it was an impossible rubber to do anything with other than smash and counter everything with full force. I suspected that the medium/hard and quite stiff blade did not pair well with the rubber so I moved it to a Virtuoso- that I recently picked up. What a night and day difference, the softer and more flexible blade made T05H a completely different rubber. The only way I can describe it is that T05 and MX-S had an affair and gave birth to T05H. It isn't easy to get high spin on serves, but it's possible with the right technique, I found you have to go slower into the ball to get the spin which seemed counter intuitive to me at first. Blocking is child's play and you can vary placement and length really well. Slow loops require a fast snap wrist brush motion with thin contact, forget any sinking into the sponge as it's not going to happen lol, it's HARD. Countering is incredible, with just an all-wood 5 ply Virtuoso- I could counter straight through the opponents disgustingly spinny brush loop low over the net with ridiculous power and precision. Pushing is low and I have never forced so many balls from the opponent into the net, the spin on heavy pushes is comparable to Hurricane III and you can keep it tight to the net like chinese rubbers too. I think like MX-S this rubber is going to be picky with blade choice. For sure, if you hit the ball really hard like the pros do then you could slap it on an ALC or ZLC blade and counter everything your opponent throws at you like it has nothing on it. However, for mere mortals my view is that this rubber allows you to use a simple 5 ply wood blade to gain control and feeling on both sides but gain multiple gears from dead short touch shots going up to rocket speed when countering hard, and every gear in between. You do have to be careful when opening up, I found that 50-60% power or even less is enough to get a quality speedy shot with lots of spin, if you go to hard into opening up you are likely to hit long unless you can hit it hard enough to compress the sponge, which is HARD. I have been an ALC/ZLC junkie during the latter stages of my EJ journey, even though I play with LP on BH, the combination of Virtuoso- and T05H is by far the best all round setup from 50+ I have tried and my EJ'ing is over. The kicker for me is that having changed to D.TecS 0.5mm due to OX behaving worse with the plastic ball, the slower all-wood blade gives me the control I need on BH to control this rubber with sponge for disruptive blocks, low and fast chops from mid distance and unreturnable pip hits on higher balls to my BH. I have not been so happy with a setup since I came back to playing 6 years ago. Stick your carbon blades in the trash, go get a Conic (best handle ever btw) Virtuoso- and a sheet of T05H for your FH and never look back. If you don't mind the weight and you block and push on BH then it is great on that side for controlling the game and you will get tons of spin with even the slightest use of the wrist. However, if you loop/powerloop on BH then I think you will find T05H tricky to use as the throw gets high real quick with added power on BH so I would imagine it's either slow or very hard (think Pitchford and Fan Zhendong backhands). That's my two cents for now, a very happy cured EJ.     

Edited by MydasDiablo - 11/20/2018 at 6:08pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 4:40am
Just to echo what MydasDiablo said above - I tried it on a Sweden Extra on Monday and it was excellent.  T05H is a pretty focussed rubber - hard, fast, linear, very spinny - and this can become amplified by blade selection.  Putting it on a Viscaria (or MJ) is a stark reminder of my playing level.  On the Extra though, it gets toned down in all the right places (for me) while remaining a beast when playing effort shots.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 2:49pm
Now that the honeymoon period is over I still feel T05H is better in the short game,blocking and is faster at the table than T05. That being said I am back to regular T05 on my ALC blade . I feel it generates more spin and I prefer the higher arc. The other reason I prefer regular T05 is cause at mid distance it's on auto pilot. T05 H for me requires a lot more input at mid and long distance. I think with booster those issues disappear but I'm too lazy to boost and reglue hahaha. When my Virtuoso comes in I will try T05 H on that as it sounds like it's better on something more flexible and soft
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 4:09pm
Should it pair well with zhang jike alc blade ?

Any comments from reviewers using freitas alc , apolonia and mizutani blades ?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 4:31pm
I have it on a Kenta ALC so my comment above is based on that. I have a Freitas I am tempted to try it on but will hold off till I try it on a 5 ply wood.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 4:52pm
I have hard sponge and regular sponge T05s on two sides of a pre-historic Stiga Bengtsson blade.

I definitely prefer the hard sponge on the FH and I am a little mixed on the BH.  For now, I'll keep the regular T05 on the BH. 

Interestingly, regular T05 makes for spinnier serves, but the hard sponge helps keep the serves shorter.

Aside from that, my impressions are broadly similar to others on this thread.  I think the hard sponge T05 is a really impressive rubber for the plastic ball.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Should it pair well with zhang jike alc blade ?

Any comments from reviewers using freitas alc , apolonia and mizutani blades ?

I don't see why not if you have the proper stroke for the 50 degree sponge. The T05H is very different then the T05R from my view after two practice session. One has to look at this rubber as another 50 degree hard sponge with its own stroke requirements in order to get the most out of it.
While I used my regular OFF- blade on my testing to date I don't see why higher rated players can't use a variety of modern blades with the T05H.
NDH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2018 at 11:50am
How would people compare this to MX-S?

I switched from T05 on both sides, to MX-S on both sides in August.

I probably prefer it slightly on the forehand, but don’t like it as much on the backhand (too hard).

I’ve just ordered T05H for the forehand, and T05 regular for the backhand.

Thought process being that T05H will be similar to MX-S but have better durability.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 5:05pm
05H is similar to MX-s from the fact that they are both harder sponge rubbers. I definitely think 05H will last much longer than MX-S and will not shrink like Evolution rubbers have tendency to do. I think 05H has better spin, and also way better touch at the table. Feel might be a bit different between the two but you should be able to switch to 05H after using MX-s without any problem. Let me know after you play some time with 05H how it feels compared to Mx-s... I'm interested.
NDH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:52pm
So, I had my first 3 matches with the set up tonight.

Brief history of my set ups.....

Past 4 years been playing with Garaydia ZLC woth T05 on both sides.

Switched to a VS Unlimited and MX-S on both sides in August (wanted a slower blade and a little less spring on the forehand).

Found the forehand to be very nice. But the backhand was a little hard.

So, onto T05 Hard.

Firstly, it’s not Hard lol. It’s a little harder than 05, but it’s very easy to adapt.

It feels much softer than MX-S, and likewise it’ll be a lot softer than any Chinese rubber you might be used to.

I found the touch play to be nice, and it’s pretty much as spinny as T05.

Slightly lower arc, but it’s great for attacking play, and it’s solid on blocks.

Any other questions, let me know.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 8:31am
I have one question, does anyone know what is the weight of regular 05 vs 05H at 2.1mm sponge (cut or uncut). Thx
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 10:12am
T05 Hard uncut - 77.14g
T05 uncut - 70g
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 5:32am
What hardness does t05 hard have on the non butterfly scale? 51 or harder? If someone can also give me the non butterfly hardness of t05 and t64 I'd appreciate it.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

What hardness does t05 hard have on the non butterfly scale? 51 or harder? If someone can also give me the non butterfly hardness of t05 and t64 I'd appreciate it.

Dear TT GOLD,
Most likely, you have to wait untill Alex (aka HaggisV) is supplied with some more rubber cutoffs. Alex is the world's only tester independent / unbiased. He's using Shore O scale in his tests of the sponge hardness.

RUBBER HARDNESS SHEET    (last updated 2012).
https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/sponge-hardness-table/

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 11/29/2018 at 7:16am
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 8:40am
I have some T05H cutoffs from this evening. Happy to get them out of the bin and send them if postage is paid.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 9:32pm
Tenergy 05 averages around the 50 mark, I've tested two sheets of T05 Hard 2.1mm, which measure 56. I've added more values to this table, which you can see here.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 2:52pm
Has anyone tried putting 05H on a very hard/fast carbon blade like Schlager Carbon/Tamca 5000 or perhaps some amultart/zlc blade? I am just wondering if it is playable even, and how does it perform on such fast blade. I also have an update: 05Regular is much better for smashing than 05H (even Timo Boll switches to 05regular when smashing for the same reason)...
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 6:52pm
My review :

Glued T05H on zhang jike alc blade both sides , previously i was using the same blade with 2 T05

05H surely has more gears than 05 and its more powerful

Serves :

05H is less spinny on soft balls in general also its less bouncy than 05 , so you have to brush more to get the same level of spin and also you'll need to apply a bit more force to make a long serve than you used to do with the 05 ,however you get used to it soon .

After 3 practices, i still feel that 05 produces a bit more spin on serves and it is something noticable.

Push, touch game and chop :

05H has an advantage here due to being less bouncy and you feel more confident to place the ball where you want on the table ,spin on pushes is pretty much the same as 05
It requires adjustment ,nothing special though.

Chops are more controlled, due to less bounciness and lower arc

Flicks :

I would say that 05H has a disadvantage here , but only in case you go for a soft spinny banana or FH flick ,

The less dwell time that 05H offers is not forgiving , you maybe feel that it doesnt grip the ball well or it slips ,however this problem appears more when you are uncertain where exactly to hit the ball or out of position or stretching to reach the ball.

In case you are in level where you can apply more force on your flicks , the rubber rewards you with direct lower arc and spin and speed .

I would prefer the 05 for flicks though becauseof the higherarc also .

Blocks :

Both active and passive blocks with 05H are better , more controlled and precise than 05
I am impressed in this part.

Drives :

Personally i feel more confident with 05H both BH and FH ,same as blocks , however the hard SMASHES go out of table sometimes , i am not sure if 05 is better here . Maybe a little

FH /BH LOOP

Definetely a bit Lower arc , more gears ,more power on hard shots than 05 , however i didnt feel that i could produce much more spin on hard shots , maube because my technique isnt perfect yet and i cant always apply full force on my strokes.
As i said above 05 produces more spin on soft spinny shots .

Counterspin / hit

05H surely has the advantage , i feel i can counter most of incoming loops of opponent if i am prepared to do that , most of the times the rubber rewards me

Conclusion
05H is a very interesting rubber with its own pros and cons that needs a lot of practice and rewards a more agressive playing style rather than spin oriented , if you have good developed technique and footwork ,dont hesitate to give it a try .

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 6:27am
I put 2 layers of Falco TL. It took a week to almost flat. Stretching above was a half cm. IMO this rubber is made for boosting and i absolutely start enjoying it. Superior than T05 in every way. BTW no one mentioned TTDaily so :
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 6:21pm
I have a sheet but am hesitant to try it out.

Could anyone (experienced) compare it with another hard (& hard to use) but fast / spinny rubber: the Rasanter R50?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

I put 2 layers of Falco TL. It took a week to almost flat. Stretching above was a half cm. IMO this rubber is made for boosting and i absolutely start enjoying it. Superior than T05 in every way. BTW no one mentioned TTDaily so :

The JP team who played AUS Open confirmed they used Nittaku Axel to boost Tenergy.
Try thin booster and see why there is no pro player use Falco.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 3:20am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

The JP team who played AUS Open confirmed they used Nittaku Axel to boost Tenergy.

I do not know whether or not your last allegation is true. My guess is that you do not as well.

I have tried TRF and Dandoy Bioboost. I prefer FLT to both. Have not tried the Chinese oils (but shall try Kailin soon).

Pro players don't care if the boost effect drastically reduces in a couple of weeks - as they probably are onto another sheet by that time.

I think that the biggest single reason why players use FLT is because of the effect lasting 6 weeks. We amateurs simply don't want to re-boost every couple of weeks. Besides, a lot of players use FLT to refurbish older rubbers (or bring them back to original size) for which it works like a charm.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

Hows that ? Japanese said they use axel or somebody saw them?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic