Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 11:23am
Given that this rubber has been out for a while now, would love to hear from users on how durable it is vis-a-vis T05 and the other rubbers.
Sponsored Links

taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 3:03pm
HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH T05H FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS, LOOKS AND PLAYS LIKE NEW (I WOULD SAY MUCH BETTER DURABILITY THAN REGULAR 05). ON THE REGULAR I WOULD ALREADY NOTICE A FINGER SMUDGE AREA ON THE RUBBER WHILE ON t05H I DONT SEE IT YET... TO MY SUPRISE t05h WORKS GREAT ON CARBON BLADES WITH hINOKI OUTEL LAYER...
I TRIED DIGNICS 05 AND WENT BACK TO T05H JUST FEEL MUCH MORE CONFIDENT WITH IT...
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 10:35pm
Finally played ~2.5 hr session with T05H - drills and some matches at the end. Put it on my normal blade instead of my beloved MXP. Here are some initial observations in no particular order:

- This thing does NOT feel hard at all. Sure it felt firmer when I took it out of the packaging, but at the table -- feels just like T05. If anything MXP feels a bit harder, at least its topsheet.

- Spin is excellent.. it's pointless to argue whether it's more or less than rubbers X, Y or Z. It's definitely as good as T05 and matches or exceeds MXP. If I had to put numbers here, T05H = 9.5, while T05/MXP = 9. Hurricane would be a 10 LOL

- Arc/throw is high. No matter what you see or read on the internet .. this thing has an arc. It's much higher throw than the MXP. And it didn't feel any lower vs regular T05.  

- Now, it is MUCH faster than the regular 05. I would say 10-15% faster. It felt powerful on my DEF (well, more like ALL+) blade.

- Looping is very deceptive. The arc is high and the ball either jumps forward or dives. I couldn't get used to the increased speed + arc combo at first. After 30 minutes I got the hang of it and it just felt like a faster T05.

- I didn't like its short game. Too bouncy. MXP feels a lot more controlled and direct. 

- Serves didn't feel particularly spinny but new rubbers always require some adjustment in terms of contact on serves.

- I don't agree with people who say that this rubber has nice short game but fast top end. It has some serious catapult. As a defender I find it a bit too bouncy in the short game and during fishing just slightly away from the table. MXP felt like home, very direct, linear, and predictable.

I don't know if I am going to stay with this rubber but I can tell you I see ZERO reasons to buy T05 ever again. It feels just like its older sibling but with more speed and power to compensate for the new 40+ ball.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 12:38am
Hit for another half an hour with the T05H... constantly switching back and forth between T05h and MXP... 

Even though Tenergy is rated 43 degrees (or ~53-54 degrees ESN) and MXP is 45-47 .. MXP is the one that feels harder. 

Again it was noticeable that T05H really excels in the spin department. My opponent could not correctly judge the amount of spin and the ball time and time again would fly past under his racket.

I am beginning to think that if I would stay with it for a few weeks it'll end up being a more dangerous weapon than the MXP, all things considered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic