Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Breaking!LGL is Back !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by AgReZz AgReZz wrote:

If i think about the loss of Ma Long to Harimoto at the Japan open maybe it was actually intentional to get LGL back. They could see Harimoto as a real threat  for the Tokyo 2020 olympics.

I agree. Ma won 2 games very easy and then he went off
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by AgReZz AgReZz wrote:

If i think about the loss of Ma Long to Harimoto at the Japan open maybe it was actually intentional to get LGL back. They could see Harimoto as a real threat  for the Tokyo 2020 olympics.

ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 2:00am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

What happened to the guy that was the driving force for all this shuffling of personnel? This is the guy that was supposedly putting a water polo coach in charge of soccer (or something like this) and then putting a non-TT guy in charge of TT.  What happened to his power? Did he lose backers from the Politburo (or wherever)?

And what about KLH? Is his gambling debt still a factor in all this? Is he also back? And what happens to Cai Zhenhua? Is he still in charge of soccer? So many questions!!! Where is zeio?

I don't know about you guys but I was hoping LGL would not be back and just sit in an office with a fancy made up title shared by two dozen people like VP of athlete relations or something like that.  I like Liu but was hoping to see someone else at the helm and see how they do.

Like you found out, Gou Zhongwen is still in total control. As for KLH, don't hold your breath. Gambling is explicitly and strictly prohibited for government officials. After President Xi Jinping came into office, he's been cracking down real hard on that. Cai Zhenhua is essentially an outsider now. Some suspect he used his departure in exchange for LGL's return. Rumor has it Yao Ming could become the president for the football association. Well, Havelange served as president of FIFA for 20 years and he was a water polo player, so not unprecedented.

You're not alone. I suggested they ban LGL in 2015. See how much progress the rest of the world has made during the time he was away? Now that he's back, Europeans will definitely have no chance with their "veterans".

Can you explain why you wanted him banned? If I understand correctly, you are saying that he was too powerful and also that he is the best coach and the Europeans stand no chance now.

What was the downside of him being too powerful, it’s not like he was in command of weapons he was going to use on unsuspecting civilians?
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 2:41am
Originally posted by ttTurkey ttTurkey wrote:

I suggested they ban LGL in 2015. See how much progress the rest of the world has made during the time he was away? Now that he's back, Europeans will definitely have no chance with their "veterans".

Can you explain why you wanted him banned? If I understand correctly, you are saying that he was too powerful and also that he is the best coach and the Europeans stand no chance now.

What was the downside of him being too powerful, it’s not like he was in command of weapons he was going to use on unsuspecting civilians?
Sorry but I can't agree with zeio's logic: a weaker China allows weaker Europeans a chance of success.  I would much, much rather Europeans improve to the point they can beat the strongest China.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

I suggested they ban LGL in 2015. See how much progress the rest of the world has made during the time he was away? Now that he's back, Europeans will definitely have no chance with their "veterans".

Sorry but I can't agree with zeio's logic: a weaker China allows weaker Europeans a chance of success.  I would much, much rather Europeans improve to the point they can beat the strongest China.

I've been waiting for that to happen since forever. I wouldn't be surprised if I won't ever see that within this lifetime. Check out the comments of Chinese netizens on the ETTC and you'll see why Europe has no chance, especially now that he's back.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 12:23pm

Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

I've been waiting for that to happen since forever. I wouldn't be surprised if I won't ever see that within this lifetime. Check out the comments of Chinese netizens on the ETTC and you'll see why Europe has no chance, especially now that he's back.

Absurd!. India's success in Badminton is not due to a chinese coach getting canned. Just because someone on that site claims something does not mean it is true. I know some top badminton players here in the usa and they will disagree with that assesment. India got into badminton after massive funding by the private sector and opening of some real good coaching centers.

Lgl coming back does not mean instant success for china. Dream on
~shaks
Usatt 2150

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 1:50am
Originally posted by shaks shaks wrote:

Absurd!...

Lgl coming back does not mean instant success for china. Dream on

Edited by Tassie52 - 09/30/2018 at 1:50am
FunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 7:49am

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2018 at 5:59pm

What happened to the guy that was the driving force for all this shuffling of personnel? This is the guy that was supposedly putting a water polo coach in charge of soccer (or something like this) and then putting a non-TT guy in charge of TT.  What happened to his power? Did he lose backers from the Politburo (or wherever)?

And what about KLH? Is his gambling debt still a factor in all this? Is he also back? And what happens to Cai Zhenhua? Is he still in charge of soccer? So many questions!!! Where is zeio?

I don't know about you guys but I was hoping LGL would not be back and just sit in an office with a fancy made up title shared by two dozen people like VP of athlete relations or something like that.  I like Liu but was hoping to see someone else at the helm and see how they do.

Like you found out, Gou Zhongwen is still in total control. As for KLH, don't hold your breath. Gambling is explicitly and strictly prohibited for government officials. After President Xi Jinping came into office, he's been cracking down real hard on that. Cai Zhenhua is essentially an outsider now. Some suspect he used his departure in exchange for LGL's return. Rumor has it Yao Ming could become the president for the football association. Well, Havelange served as president of FIFA for 20 years and he was a water polo player, so not unprecedented.

You're not alone. I suggested they ban LGL in 2015. See how much progress the rest of the world has made during the time he was away? Now that he's back, Europeans will definitely have no chance with their "veterans".

Thanks always for the interpretation.  I was not aware of the Yao Ming situation but I searched after your post.

Regarding Gou Zhongwen's desire to “cleanse the administration of old faction members”, how does bringing LGL back support that objective? I can see how Gou would be happy to get a big fish like Cai but at the cost of bringing back Liu? Hmmm, seems like a high price for a guy still in power.  Or maybe he's a pragmatist.

What about Egghead's comment "LGL is not with CNT, and he is with CTTA."  Could we see LGL in a not so prominent role?

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 5:12am
About Egghead's comment, things are a little different in China.

Typically, TT associations around the world are civilian organizations that have the final say on all subject matters. But in China, the CTTA is merely a rubber stamp, above it there is the Table Tennis and Badminton Management Center, which is a state agency that has the de facto power.

However, after Rio, headed by Gou, there has been a push for change to end that. Various sports associations for basketball, volleyball, badminton and many more have been granted de facto power now. In the process, those affiliated with the old system have to return their political powers and be transferred to positions outside the state system. In essence, they've been rendered non-government officials now. But because of what happened at Japan Open and Korea Open, many suspect Gou is under pressure to reinstate LGL because the others have not been up to the task. As things stand now, LGL is with the CTTA, and CTTA is in charge of CNT now.

In various articles, LGL has said that he will be focused on the preparation for Tokyo 2020 and carry out the reform of the association. He stresses that the leader must always remain vigilant in face of Japan's rise. The XD is the biggest concern for them at the moment, since they have not settled with a clear plan right now and that event will take place first and set the tone for the rest. Therefore, expect to see LGL in the VIP seat instead of the bench.

Try Google Translate:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-09-29/doc-ifxeuwwr9465222.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-10-01/doc-ihkvrhpr9048430.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2018-09-28/doc-ihkmwytp6112265.shtml

Edited by zeio - 10/02/2018 at 5:15am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 2:37am
Welcome Back LGL
* Viscaria FL + H3P neo + OVP *
- Enjoy Your Life & Play Table Tennis -
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 3:40pm

About Egghead's comment, things are a little different in China.

Typically, TT associations around the world are civilian organizations that have the final say on all subject matters. But in China, the CTTA is merely a rubber stamp, above it there is the Table Tennis and Badminton Management Center, which is a state agency that has the de facto power.

However, after Rio, headed by Gou, there has been a push for change to end that. Various sports associations for basketball, volleyball, badminton and many more have been granted de facto power now. In the process, those affiliated with the old system have to return their political powers and be transferred to positions outside the state system. In essence, they've been rendered non-government officials now. But because of what happened at Japan Open and Korea Open, many suspect Gou is under pressure to reinstate LGL because the others have not been up to the task. As things stand now, LGL is with the CTTA, and CTTA is in charge of CNT now.

In various articles, LGL has said that he will be focused on the preparation for Tokyo 2020 and carry out the reform of the association. He stresses that the leader must always remain vigilant in face of Japan's rise. The XD is the biggest concern for them at the moment, since they have not settled with a clear plan right now and that event will take place first and set the tone for the rest. Therefore, expect to see LGL in the VIP seat instead of the bench.

Try Google Translate:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-09-29/doc-ifxeuwwr9465222.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-10-01/doc-ihkvrhpr9048430.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2018-09-28/doc-ihkmwytp6112265.shtml

Thanks for the excellent interpretation of events.  As the thread title states, LGL is Back!!!

I did read some of the links you attached.  I know it's Google translate but there were some posters saying to each other "why don't you grow a couple of a-holes".  What in the world does this mean?

Also, LGL's statements have the theme "We need to be wary of the Japanese threat." type of thing.  It reminds me of a scenario where Country A wants to go to war and attack Country B.  So A says "B is strong, they are a threat, they have the best missiles, great aircraft, the toughest special forces soldiers" in order to gain popular hometown support and also pump up their own troops.  When they finally get a go ahead, A attacks B and in two days, B is completely obliterated.  
FunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2018 at 4:41am

Thanks for the excellent interpretation of events.  As the thread title states, LGL is Back!!!

I did read some of the links you attached.  I know it's Google translate but there were some posters saying to each other "why don't you grow a couple of a-holes".  What in the world does this mean?

Also, LGL's statements have the theme "We need to be wary of the Japanese threat." type of thing.  It reminds me of a scenario where Country A wants to go to war and attack Country B.  So A says "B is strong, they are a threat, they have the best missiles, great aircraft, the toughest special forces soldiers" in order to gain popular hometown support and also pump up their own troops.  When they finally get a go ahead, A attacks B and in two days, B is completely obliterated.  

yeah, but it was harimoto who claimed to get gold 2020 first, so did japanese media. so i think it's quite commom for cnt to react like that.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by FunnyBunny FunnyBunny wrote:

yeah, but it was harimoto who claimed to get gold 2020 first, so did japanese media. so i think it's quite commom for cnt to react like that.

I don't have the ability to read Japanese or Chinese media but a quick Google search only turned up something along the lines of "he is targeting gold".  I mean, what else is he supposed to do if he goes to the Olympics? I say if you're top 12, you should be targeting gold.  But I can understand if LGL wants to fire up the CNT by making it into a challenge.  
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:39am
oooooooooooo KJOLEJO! <-- BAD SPELLING FOR SURE BUT THAT IS THE BEST WORD THAT IS OFTEN USED BY CHINESE COMMENTATORS DURING AMAZING RALLIES... GLAD LGL IS BACK!
KJOLEJO
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 3:44pm
They always start with a laud haojo and then pjolea

Edited by Tt Gold - 10/11/2018 at 3:48pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by FunnyBunny FunnyBunny wrote:

Fukuhara ishikawa and many japanese said they can beat china
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic