Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2018 US Youth National Ranking Tournament Results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 US Youth National Ranking Tournament Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 US Youth National Ranking Tournament Results
    Posted: 09/27/2018 at 9:51pm
Hi,

There were many matches scheduled for today (Thursday) in the 

2018 US Youth National Ranking Tournament in Sacramento, CA

, yet I am not able to find any results posted.  Not on Omnipong and not on the designated website, based on my efforts.

Any help for this?

Thanks
Donn
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 9:52pm
Since when do we have tournaments on Thursdays?

USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 10:07pm
[Since when do we have tournaments on Thursdays?]

Its for the kids!

2018 US Youth National Ranking Tournament Homepage - September 27-30, 2018, Sacramento

Donn
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 2:56am
I was there after work today. They turned SITTA into 8 tables in main room and had spare room of practice tables. Plenty of space to walk and stand between courts. I saw many kids I saw in my time at big tourneys on west coast, some of my time on east coast too. Saw Nicole D's father there, he saw me right off. Saw some Lilly Yip TTC, a lot of ICC and Almeda kids, some of Stellen Bengston's kids too. Lights were bright enough 500+ lumens, but A/C was not running (broke?) but not suffocating there... Will be much cooler tomorrow and this weekend.

This tourney is a 4 day tourney with giant round robins for all the different categories to qualify for another group RR. Takes days to do this number of matches for the kids. They were winding it down at 7 PM finished by 8PM or so with one last match going on when we left. Looked like they stayed close enough to schedule. Friday and Sat are gunna be better for locals to see higher level players than today... but even the lowest levels there playing today put on a show, lots of shows. Good on the kids.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/28/2018 at 2:58am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 7:09am
Hi, . .

[BH-Man: I was there after work today. . .]

Thank you for the fine update.  Are you able to find the results posted online?

Thanks again.
Donn
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 9:29am
Here it is.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Here it is.

Thanks......It wasn't there at 8 a.m. Eastern.
Donn
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Here it is.

Thanks......It wasn't there at 8 a.m. Eastern.

It has been - I've been looking at it since yesterday. Probably not linked to the main site.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 11:08pm
Anyone know what is happening in the Mini-Cadet Girl's? One of my club mates is playing, don't see any results for Saturday.

jfolsen
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 11:14pm
I was at the venue for a very short time today. I saw Nicole D's dad. Nicole did great in the hope RR finishing 1st, but her dad said she didn't do as well today.

I am sure it will all get to USATT website sometime tonite.. but there is also a 3 hr time zone difference too.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I was at the venue for a very short time today. I saw Nicole D's dad. Nicole did great in the hope RR finishing 1st, but her dad said she didn't do as well today.

I am sure it will all get to USATT website sometime tonite.. but there is also a 3 hr time zone difference too.

Thanks! I still haven't figured out the difference between Hope and Mini Cadet, the draw looks like the same people.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 12:51am
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Thanks! I still haven't figured out the difference between Hope and Mini Cadet, the draw looks like the same people.

One year.

Mini-Cadet = born after 1.1.2005.

Hopes = born after 1.1.2006.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

One year.

Thanks. So it gives the very juniors one more event.
tabletenischicagocom View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletenischicagocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 9:58pm
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2018 at 10:17pm
Nothing on Mini-Cadet or Juniors yet, the others are updated.
Milton289 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milton289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2018 at 8:09am
We are following the tournament and are extremely impressed by the quality of the players and by the great opportunity that USATT has provided for our youth to really play a lot of high quality matches. Regardless of final position, the top 24 kids all got to play several tough, quality matches over the past couple of days. I don't think any playing experience to date in the US has matched the quality of this one for ALL of the kids. Thank you so much Joerg and USATT for your exceptional organization in giving our youth the opportunity to really challenge each other. tellthebell survey
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 10:56pm
Ok, I see these results, but what do they mean? This is the second tournament I know of this year with this exact same title. Are these juniors accumulating points? Who is actually on each team? I can't seem to find this info. I found a prospectus from 2017, but it didn't make it any clearer.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:09am
I think the document that answers many of your questions is here: 

Edited by alphapong - 10/03/2018 at 12:09am
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 10:08am
Thanks alphapong, that helps a little.

I guess my point is that even after reading all this I have no idea who is actually on the Mini-Cadet, Cadet and Junior teams. Isn't that the point of these tournaments? I know the results of this tournament, and I know it is one of several, but shouldn't there be a page on the USATT website proudly displaying our team members?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 10:09am
And Hopes is included here.
Donn
jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

And Hopes is included here.

That was one of the things I couldn't really determine, is there an actual Hopes team? It's like this is some sort of classified information!

There is a page with a whole bunch of pictures on it (20 pictures and 21 names listed)but it doesn't say who is on what team, and why are there 21? Shouldn't it be 24 if there are three teams of eight?

2018 TTTeamUSA Female National Team Group: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Team-USA/2018-TTTeamUSA-Female-National-Team-Group
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 11:47am
I haven't closely studied the prospectus documents, however I think I spotted that this process selects the first two as guaranteed members per team (that is, the top two finishers), the rest selected otherwise.

Thanks

Edited by DonnOlsen - 10/03/2018 at 11:48am
Donn
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

One year.

Can you provide a link to where the date of birth for each category is at?  I couldn't find it in the
Thanks.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:20pm
All -

Just a quick comment here. We have done away with dedicated "teams" (e.g., Cadets, Juniors, etc.) and just have one Table Tennis Team USA (TTTUSA). 
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:35pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 12:50pm
Hi,

Well, the observation that the USATT no longer has "dedicated teams" is a distinction with limitations.  Events are organized as Hopes, mini-Cadet, Cadet, Junior, and 21 and Under, around the world.  Representatives for the nations are selected, matching event specifications with qualified players.  These determinations function within the Hopes, mini-Cadet, Cadet, Junior, and 21 and Under framework.

Be very assured that many kids and parents are extremely interested in the greater degree of granularity.

Thanks.
Donn
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 3:01pm
The ICC club is well represented among TTTeam USA. Will this cause any obstacles given Trump's recent comments (see video)?

Edited by heavyspin - 10/03/2018 at 3:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic