Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Truls : Samsonov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Who is this so-called top 10 player? Would be nice if posts were written in a way that even a semi-casual reader can understand what's being talked about.

Harimoto is his nightmare.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 12:01pm
Hi,

For his age, Truls is temperamentally impressive.  He exhibits the fighting spirit and desire to win of a champion.  His observed negative emotions reflect the standard he carries himself with, another exceptional achiever quality.  He will not settle for less.

These personality traits demonstrated in play dynamics are necessary ingredients to his attainment of his potential.  I want Truls to be exactly how Truls is today.

Thanks
Donn
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

For his age, Truls is temperamentally impressive.  He exhibits the fighting spirit and desire to win of a champion.  His observed negative emotions reflect the standard he carries himself with, another exceptional achiever quality.  He will not settle for less.

These personality traits demonstrated in play dynamics are necessary ingredients to his attainment of his potential.  I want Truls to be exactly how Truls is today.

Thanks

Thumbs Up
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Who is this so-called top 10 player? Would be nice if posts were written in a way that even a semi-casual reader can understand what's being talked about.

the " expert" strikes again
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 6:56am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Wow, wow, wow... I am speechless, and full of positive emotion about the guy.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 8:06am
I can't see Moregardh making top 10 without some radical changes to his backhand.  He has no chicquita, an almost non-existent backhand loop, and his backhand counter is played with a straight arm and the head of the bat below both elbow and wrist.  It's uncomfortable looking and ineffective at that level. 

TTslurp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTslurp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 2:33pm
Why do u think the bat below the wrist is ineffective?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 3:43pm
I agree with Tassie. Also this bad habit to execute his backhand with the front edge of the blade in that weird forward punch motion is not sustainable. I bet it's not even legal if obviously done on purpose but this is a grey area, similar to receiving a short serve and voluntarily punching the ball with the middle, ring and little fingers.

jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I agree with Tassie. Also this bad habit to execute his backhand with the front edge of the blade in that weird forward punch motion is not sustainable. I bet it's not even legal if obviously done on purpose but this is a grey area, similar to receiving a short serve and voluntarily punching the ball with the middle, ring and little fingers.

Setting aside the advisability of his stroke, where did you read that hitting the ball with any part of the playing hand below the wrist is illegal?

2.5.7 A player strikes the ball if s/he touches it in play with his/her racket, held in the hand, or with his/her racket hand below the wrist.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 4:22pm

Lol
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 5:59pm

It is true that Truls' body language can go from utter self confidence to extreme frustration really quick, but that's the sign of his self awareness about his superiority that he can't always fully execute. The issue is fixable and the mindset to keep it up is slowly being built thanks to aware coaches hopefully, I am sure they know better and they watch, counsel him to channel and focus his mental towards a laser like concentration. He got it sometimes, it's about keeping it up on demand, like a pro. 
Truls will learn in the next year or 2 to focus and become a real pro. He does not get angry like Federer in the beginning of his career but the comparison is still valid: he gets too much frustrated too often and the quality of play suffers. Frustration is tantamount to arrogance to a certain extent as it can be interpreted as "I am so good how can I play that bad?". An answer could be "Well... you are so good only when you don't play that bad, what do you want to do about it?"
"The Inner Game of Tennis" could be his bedside table book. 
Clap Good insight, Fatt.  Over time, "Jantelagen" (Nordic humility code) will eventually set in, and his resulting play will get stronger.
Stiga Offensive
Oversize (FL): fh/bh - Nittaku Renanos
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Setting aside the advisability of his stroke, where did you read that hitting the ball with any part of the playing hand below the wrist is illegal?

2.5.7 A player strikes the ball if s/he touches it in play with his/her racket, held in the hand, or with his/her racket hand below the wrist.
I agree it’s not illegal stricto senso. Imagine the uproar if people start doing it on purpose and raise their finger with an innocent face after winning the rally though...
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 9:58pm
Dear king_pong,

Since we are in this spirit, please provide the pronunciation of the word "Jantelagen".  I like this word.

Thanks.
Donn
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 12:26am
Basically, Jantelagen - "yawn-tuh-loggin"
Stiga Offensive
Oversize (FL): fh/bh - Nittaku Renanos
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 7:14am
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Ioannis Sgouropoulos is the future of europe! Just my personal opinion!

He's older than Truls. Plus they are now on the same Swedish team and Truls results have been better. He did edge him in the Euro Youth Junior final. A good player in the making but like Sipos and Pletea I see a Frankziska level in the future max whereas Truls I think will be Dima level.

I dont dissagre, but Sgouropoulos has won all the 3 you mentioned.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 7:16am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

So many stupid  and  harsh comments here. 
A so called top 10 player  (You know who I am talking about ) has only won  1 pro tour title for his whole career and  Some clowns here expect a 16 year old who has just started his career to win an ITTF tournament ? 

Who are you and you insult us all? to ask more properly, who you think you are?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 8:20am
Hi,

Speaking of youth, I excitedly await regular and frequent visibility of Harimoto's younger sister.  Upon this, a delightful parallel universe will appear and our equations will apply.

Thanks.
Donn
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

So many stupid  and  harsh comments here. 
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">A so called top 10 player  (You know who I am talking about ) has only won  1 pro tour title for his whole career and  </span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Some clowns here expect a 16 year old who has just started his career to win an ITTF tournament ? </span>

Who are you and you insult us all? to ask more properly, who you think you are?

Whats happening with the moderators?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 6:38am
Hi,

A good article has been published on Truls, written in Swedish.  On my device, I was able to right-click the text and presented the "translate" option, which worked well so as to read it in English.

The article confirms the evidence: Truls is in a dedicated program of advancement and achievement in table tennis.  What is hoped for for him to realize his potential is realized.  

Thanks.
Donn
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 4:11pm
What a great find, thank you very much for sharing.

Nice spirit!

"Should I be the best, I need to invest it in full." 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic