Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Youth Olympics Oct. 8-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

THOSE CROOKY CHINESE/

CHINA RUBBER of DHS, stinky product

Croocky boy, Wang Chuqin, using damned fraudulent rubber, factory tuned and supplied directly from DHS factory storage, not for sale.
Chuqin's illeggal rubber. The blue sponge never been approbated by ITTF. This is a foul play, sorry.   DHS rubber does flout T4 Technical Regulations. Fraudulent, stinky product.

JAPAN BUTTERFLY OBEY EVERY ITTF RULE PERFECTLY WELL.
In contrast to DHS products, Butterfly red-colored Power Sponge was awarded a ITTF certification back in the year 2008. Perfectly legitimate product.
Oh, crybaby igor, come to daddy and let me relieve you, Oh!, my methods are harsh, why not suck your mummy's mammalry glands to feel better, Trust me, it works for cry babies all the time, 
'Harimoto will crush Chuqin' LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Who got crushed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And wait seems you are from russia, I love russia but you're from a country of blatant state organized cheating and looking to blame innocent countries, Go to the Kremlin, there'll still be bags of steroids in there for you 
How many eyes have seen their dreams
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 9:05pm
video for the finals? Thanks
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

JAPAN BUTTERFLY OBEY EVERY ITTF RULE PERFECTLY WELL.
In contrast to DHS products, Butterfly red-colored Power Sponge was awarded a ITTF certification back in the year 2008. Perfectly legitimate product.

Where is this list of ITTF certified sponges? haha no such thing?
Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 9:19pm
Hi,

Some final thoughts:

o  An excellent tournament; tip of the hat to the organizers and all involved.

o  The Chinese are the best in the world; the Japanese are the second best in the world; hence the harmonic results.

o  In the finals, Hirano and Harimoto were great.

o  The seedings seem always to be a problematic/challenging item.  Wang was the 6th seed.

o  The third best player in the Women's draw was Bruna.

o  The third best player in the Men's draw was Lin.

o  The fourth best player in the Men's draw was Truls.

o  These great juniors guarantee an exciting and fabulous future.

Upward!
Donn
Tiggs_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Some final thoughts:

o  An excellent tournament; tip of the hat to the organizers and all involved.

o  The Chinese are the best in the world; the Japanese are the second best in the world; hence the harmonic results.

o  In the finals, Hirano and Harimoto were great.

o  The seedings seem always to be a problematic/challenging item.  Wang was the 6th seed.

o  The third best player in the Women's draw was Bruna.

o  The third best player in the Men's draw was Lin.

o  The fourth best player in the Men's draw was Truls.

o  These great juniors guarantee an exciting and fabulous future.

Upward!
Opinions are like assholes. In this tournament, Wang was clearly the best player followed by Harimoto and Kanak.  The fact is that during world team tournament, besides beating the world #7, Kanak also beat another player ranked in top 50, and 3 other players ranked between 50 and 75. My opinion is that Lin, Truls, and Kanak are about at the same level and on any given day they anyone among the three can beat the other two. Also when Chuqin Wang gets hot, he is unstoppable and is capable of beating Harimoto or any other junior at 11-1 or so.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 10:05pm

Hi,

Some final thoughts:

The tournament isn't over - Team USA can still win gold Big smile
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Maybe this bad loss will quiet down HT

The expression of HT looking at his coach after losing 11   1 is so funny

Edited by mykonos96 - 10/10/2018 at 10:35pm
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 10:53pm
I have a theory. Igor is actually anti Russian. That is why he is saying all these stupid things to arouse sentiments against them.

Edited by tom - 10/10/2018 at 10:55pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 11:14pm
what a crazy day!

Edited by fatt - 10/10/2018 at 11:48pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Hi,

Some final thoughts:

The tournament isn't over - Team USA can still win gold Big smile

A mountain of hostility on the blog now.  Not worth further participation.
Donn
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 12:17am
Is it just me or Wang Chuqin stroke structure looks awfully like an upgraded Hao Shuai.... Btw super well deserved win by Chuqin who put on some relentless pressure, excellent placements and a tight table game to win.

Harimoto seems to be quite awkward playing lefties compared to his rock solid game against right handed players... He made like 100 mistakes with his usually deadly chiquita!
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 1:31am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Is it just me or Wang Chuqin stroke structure looks awfully like an upgraded Hao Shuai.... Btw super well deserved win by Chuqin who put on some relentless pressure, excellent placements and a tight table game to win.

Harimoto seems to be quite awkward playing lefties compared to his rock solid game against right handed players... He made like 100 mistakes with his usually deadly chiquita!

Like wang tao everything is driven at the peak of the bounce
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 1:47am
Lefty players easier exploit Harimoto FH side(his serve return with chiquita)
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Lefty players easier exploit Harimoto FH side(his serve return with chiquita)

I think HT is weak against players with strong BH like pitchford calderano liang jk

Edited by mykonos96 - 10/11/2018 at 2:01am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 3:22am
After losing in the bronze medal match to Kanak Jha:

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E9%9D%92%E5%A5%A7%E6%A1%8C%E7%90%83%E7%94%B7%E5%96%AE%E9%8A%85%E7%89%8C%E6%88%B0%E5%90%9E%E6%95%97-%E6%9E%97%E6%98%80%E5%84%92-%E5%BF%83%E7%90%86%E5%BE%85%E5%BC%B7%E5%8C%96-225158928.html
Quote 林昀儒表示,對手的速度其實不快,但球都有打到位置,比賽中段開始也打得有點急,單打賽事告一段落,沒能為中華代表團添牌,林昀儒表示,「問題在自己身上,心理上面還需要再強化」。

LYJ stated that the opponent's speed was actually not fast, but his shots were placed well and that he lost his cool half way through. "The problem is on me. My mental toughness still needs to be strengthened" LYJ said.

For the match against Harimoto:

https://udn.com/news/story/7005/3415168
Quote 今天首局林昀儒開賽積極搶分,以11比6拿下,第2、3局都有機會拿下,但關鍵時刻失誤多。黃昶鈞表示,今天第一局打得果斷,但張本智和第2局開始壓制林昀儒的側身,兩人也在接發球上不斷想要變化,造成不少失誤。

LYJ's coach Huang Chang-chun said Lin played very decisively in game 1, and that he could've taken game 2 and 3, but Harimoto started to suppress his step-around. Both players kept looking for chances on receive and that led to many errors.

Quote 林昀儒表示,今天開局戰術執行奏效,但2局沒有延續,也打得比較保守,不然其實都有機會拿下來,後半段想辦法把節奏放慢,「他反手速度還是比我好,想要贏他,就需要把戰術執行得非常好」。

LYJ stated his tactics worked well in game 1, but he couldn't extend it in game 2 and started to play safe. Otherwise, he could've taken it. He kept trying to slow it down in the latter half, stating "his BH speed is still faster than mine, and I have to carry out the tactics really well if I were to win."

Quote 張本智和拿勝晉級金牌戰,他稱讚林昀儒表現很好,「我差點輸掉這場比賽,此次目標就是金牌」,也提到今天拿下比賽勝利的關鍵,是關鍵時失誤比對手少。

OTHO, Harimoto praised LYJ for his performance, saying "I almost lost that match. My goal is the gold medal" and that less errors at crucial moments was key to his win today.

Edited by zeio - 10/11/2018 at 4:00am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by PythonMonty PythonMonty wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Good tournament for Jha. Today will look ugly for him, but he was just overseeded because of his inflated world ranking. I think the 8 seed would have been about right for him, after Harimoto, Wang/Lin, Moregard/Sgouropoulos, Pletea/Sidorenko.

He has beaten most of the Europeans including Pletea so I don't agree. The idea his ranking is inflated despite his making the semis is weird.

His world ranking is inflated because it's inflated. As the best American player, he gets participation points for playing events for which he wouldn't have qualified on an individual basis. But you know this. He was the 2 seed in this tournament because of his world ranking. Nobody thought he was really the second best player in the draw. You could make a case for him as high as the 4 seed, although I'd favor any of Moregard, Sgouropoulos, Pletea or Sidorenko over him if they were playing today. I thought they all looked better than he did in this tournament. If he'd had Sidorenko's draw he would have had the same results.

I guess the results spoke for themselves.  
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 8:54am
Watched bronze and gold medals matches live yesterday.
But can not find the link to watch the "Replay".

Does anybody know the link to watch the "Replay" of yesterday's matches?

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 9:14am
Just watch the matches on youtube
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Watched bronze and gold medals matches live yesterday.
But can not find the link to watch the "Replay".

Does anybody know the link to watch the "Replay" of yesterday's matches?

mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 9:49am

Good tournament for Jha. Today will look ugly for him, but he was just overseeded because of his inflated world ranking. I think the 8 seed would have been about right for him, after Harimoto, Wang/Lin, Moregard/Sgouropoulos, Pletea/Sidorenko.

He has beaten most of the Europeans including Pletea so I don't agree. The idea his ranking is inflated despite his making the semis is weird.

His world ranking is inflated because it's inflated. As the best American player, he gets participation points for playing events for which he wouldn't have qualified on an individual basis. But you know this. He was the 2 seed in this tournament because of his world ranking. Nobody thought he was really the second best player in the draw. You could make a case for him as high as the 4 seed, although I'd favor any of Moregard, Sgouropoulos, Pletea or Sidorenko over him if they were playing today. I thought they all looked better than he did in this tournament. If he'd had Sidorenko's draw he would have had the same results.

Khanak will have the chance to prove that very soon in a month in the junior worlds. Any link to full final match?

Edited by mykonos96 - 10/11/2018 at 9:50am
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 9:53am

Truls, Sidorenko vs WCQ close matches. WCQ Vs Jha not close.

You cannot draw conclusions from small numbers of matches in which Jha got the favourable draw. He is every bit the match of the European talents but he is not better than them just because his seeding and WR says so. He has the benefit of being his national champion whereas the European youths would struggle to get to the final or maybe even semi finals of their nationals. I have no doubt that he deserves the bronze after a great win vs Lin but that doesn't make him the 3rd best player there, or as second seed the second best player there as you imply, especially when the stand out player was only the 6th seed.

Almost anyone from a small table tennis country has an inflated ranking, until the very top level. Thats the nature of it. The 150th best French player is easily a match if not outright favourite over guys ranked 600 in the world. This would be even more obvious when considering the Chinese players. The 50th best Chinese player is almost certainly world top 100 level.

Jha is ranked maybe 100 or so and he can compete with others at that level and a bit higher. Some of the European players are ranked like 300 and are at the exact same level as Truls but don't get to play many senior events yet.

Edited by FruitLoop - 10/11/2018 at 9:57am
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 10:31am
WCQ never had a close match in this tournament. Only closER matches. The only conclusion I can draw is either he's underrated or everyone else is overrated LMAO

Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Truls, Sidorenko vs WCQ close matches. WCQ Vs Jha not close.

Tiggs_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 10:42am
So you say you can't draw conclusion from small number of matches and proceed to do it yourself in regards to Kanak's one match against Chuqin Wang.  Kanak is ranked 70 or so in the world and that's where he should be considering at World Team championship he beat #7 ranked player in the world, along with players ranked in the 40's, 50's 60's and 70's. There is enough sample to gage his ranking. Sometimes two people do not match well together. I am about 2000 rated in USA and I consistently beat someone who is 2100 at my club, but on the average he beats more players rated higher than me. Kanak short game and ball placement is one of his strength and Wang easily overcame that with his strong flicks and movement around the table. Wang also kept away from Kanak's backhand and easily overpowered him in forehand to forehand rallies.  Having a strong attack on short game like Wang's(flicks etc) along with movement around the table is something only a few players in the world have, so not everyone can execute this strategy 

Kanak needs to get more power in his forehand stroke to move ahead...combination of a little more body turn, a wider radius on swing (which means better movement) and exploding into the ball more with his legs. However, he may lose other facets of his game if he just concentrates on that, so its a balancing act.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 10:49am
On a serious note, I agree with this. Jha rarely if ever played any top Chinese players, but is a lot more used to the European style as he plays there. If he gets more exposure to the Chinese he can surely get close in a few games of a match, and might take one of them like Truls etc. were able to do.

Originally posted by Tiggs_1 Tiggs_1 wrote:

So you say you can't draw conclusion from small number of matches and proceed to do it yourself in regards to Kanak's one match against Chuqin Wang.  Kanak is ranked 70 or so in the world and that's where he should be considering at World Team championship he beat #7 ranked player in the world, along with players ranked in the 40's, 50's 60's and 70's. There is enough sample to gage his ranking. Sometimes two people do not match well together. I am about 2000 rated in USA and I consistently beat someone who is 2100 at my club, but on the average he beats more players rated higher than me. Kanak short game and ball placement is one of his strength and Wang easily overcame that with his strong flicks and movement around the table. Wang also kept away from Kanak's backhand and easily overpowered him in forehand to forehand rallies.  Having a strong attack on short game like Wang's(flicks etc) along with movement around the table is something only a few players in the world have, so not everyone can execute this strategy 

Kanak needs to get more power in his forehand stroke to move ahead...combination of a little more body turn, a wider radius on swing (which means better movement) and exploding into the ball more with his legs. However, he may lose other facets of his game if he just concentrates on that, so its a balancing act.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

=============
Thank you very much.
PythonMonty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PythonMonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:17am

No question. Jha had the easiest path to the semifinals where he got outclassed by Wang. Just one match but pretty ugly especially compared to competitive matches like Wang-Moregard and Wang-Sidorenko. Jha showed his great mental toughness by coming back to play his best match for the bronze medal. Credit where credit is due but I'm still taking Lin over Jha the next time they play. And I'd still seed him behind Moregard and Sgouropoulos, but ahead of Pletea and Sidorenko. I think he's scheduled to play Pletea in the groups on Saturday so should be interesting.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:19am

The expression of HT looking at his coach after losing 11   1 is so funny[/QUOTE]

I was really looking to enjoy that expression.  Not as enjoyable as I had hoped.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:28am
I still think Moregard will be a more serious threat to CNT top players if he somehow can find a chance to play in Chinese Super League for a couple of years.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:38am
Somebody earlier in the thread noticed the non existence of a Chiquita in Truls’ game. I agree that one cannot make it to the top without it. He must add it to his arsenal to cancel 3rd ball attacks out. He won’t be world or Olympic champ without it. No Chiquita = too many unblockable 3rd ball kills!

Edited by fatt - 10/11/2018 at 2:37pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 11:44am
While record speaks for itself alright, Jha beat Lin is still a big surprise to me as well as to many others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic