Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brands made blades for other brands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brands made blades for other brands
    Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:08pm
I think soulspin made for donic the 89 series.
also nexy made for tibhar the kim jung hoon.
other examples?
Sponsored Links

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:18pm
Butterfly made fan zhendongs blade:)
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

I think soulspin made for donic the 89 series.
also nexy made for tibhar the kim jung hoon.
other examples?

Nexy also designed and produced the Tibhar Akkad. The Nexy Arche, as some already know, is based on the KJH; handle is slightly different and the fh side is lati. The Akkad again is a pumped up version of the Arche with lati on fh and bh plus a slightly thicker core ply...
Soulspin on the other hand is also responsible for many if not all of the Andro Ligna blades as well as the Nittaku "Meister" series. That's just off the top of my hat...

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:34pm
it seemed to me that these 89 series were higher quality than general donic blades.
I might be wrong because I never owned one.

As for nexy, I think they also did the inca for tibhar?
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:37pm

it seemed to me that these 89 series were higher quality than general donic blades.
I might be wrong because I never owned one.

As for nexy, I think they also did the inca for tibhar?

Yes, Nexy also did the Inca. Forgot about that one. Soulspin blades are generally of high quality and "better" (in terms of wood quality and craftsmanship) than regular Donic or Andro blades.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 7:10pm
Yasaka (shakehand) blades, are made in Tranås, Sweden at a shop called "Woodhouse AB"(where another very famous Swedish blade manufacturer formerly produced their bladesWink).  This Woodhouse AB makes many of the best selling Donic blades, most Avalox well-loved blades, select Nittaku, JOOLA & Cornilleau blades, and a host of others it appears. 
      The following blades are just a few of the best sellers made there: 
- Donic: Dicon, Appelgren Allplay, Persson PowerPlay/Allround, Waldner Limited, virtually all of the Senso blades. Most blades named after their sponsored players.  Basically, all Donic blades NOT named "World Champion-89", "Crest","Burn", "Epox", "Dotec", or "Exclusive/Legend" series. 
- Nittaku: Runlox, Lialox, Bizelox, Bloodwood, Wang Liqin ANV-5, Wang Nan ANV-5 & possibly more.
- JOOLA: Black Rose, Viking, Sting, Torre ALL+, Ticker ALL, (probably others)  
- Avalox: P500, P700, P900, BT550, BT555, BT777, Ruiba Bloodwood Carbon
- Yasaka: all of the 'Ma Lin' blades, all of the 'Extra' blades, all of the 'Sweden Line' blades (Classic, Extra, Guardian, Defensive & EK Carbon), the Goiabao-5 and Ebony Carbon just to name a few.

Edited by king_pong - 10/09/2018 at 7:13pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 12:06am
I think, Soulspin produced a lot of blades for different brands
  • the WC89 series for Donic (Appelgren, Waldner and Persson)
  • the Ligna series for Andro (7 or more blades)
  • the Meister series for Nittaku (Holz Sieben, Basaltec Inner and Outer)
  • the S-series for Nittaku (S-5, S-7, S-CZ)
  • the Dynatec for Gewo (maybe also Königsklasse Fünf and Königsklasse Karbon Sieben)
Ney designed (but not produced) some blades for Tibhar
  • Inca
  • Akkad
  • Kim Jung Hoon
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 1:11am
There were a couple of gimmick BTY blades from a while back that had carbon Rod cores or something.
I'm pretty sure those were designed in a Chinese factory. Possibly LKT factory since they had a line of some "adjustable handle" "WRB" type blades as well.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 1:59am
Kinda seemed like YinHe produced some blades for Juic like Iseki Carbon and Stellan Bengtsson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 5:49am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I think, Soulspin produced a lot of blades for different brands
  • the WC89 series for Donic (Appelgren, Waldner and Persson)
  • the Ligna series for Andro (7 or more blades)
  • the Meister series for Nittaku (Holz Sieben, Basaltec Inner and Outer)
  • the S-series for Nittaku (S-5, S-7, S-CZ)
  • the Dynatec for Gewo (maybe also Königsklasse Fünf and Königsklasse Karbon Sieben)
Ney designed (but not produced) some blades for Tibhar
  • Inca
  • Akkad
  • Kim Jung Hoon

I think for donic soulspin also made the "ovtcharov feat".
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 5:50am
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

There were a couple of gimmick BTY blades from a while back that had carbon Rod cores or something.
I'm pretty sure those were designed in a Chinese factory. Possibly LKT factory since they had a line of some "adjustable handle" "WRB" type blades as well.

you mean the vsg twist blades.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 4:32pm
Nope, those were Sunflex and had sister models in that brand.

Palio made the dotec sonic I think.

I can't even tell you all I know
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 4:56pm
Woodhouse also made Gatien Series from Cornilleau and some Joola Made in Sweden (Sting, Torre, Carbon Sweden, Viking, Black Rose..).
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Woodhouse also made Gatien Series from Cornilleau and some Joola Made in Sweden (Sting, Torre, Carbon Sweden, Viking, Black Rose..).

That's right.  I had suspected those Cornilleau blades and forgotten about the Joola ones (I even have a couple of them!).  What about the TSP Swat series and the Euro line?  I had suspected those as well, judging by the lenses and the lay-up in their plies.

Will update my list for now.  Thanks for the reminder.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 7:12pm
Woodhouse is a bit different because it is not a brand.
It's a factory.
Soulspin and Nexy have their own products.

Maybe Sunflex would also be an example.
Legend says they made some blades for Butterfly, and they have their own blades as well.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 11:23pm

It's a factory.

Legend says they made some blades for Butterfly, and they have their own blades as well.

Except for the fact that Yasaka started producing blades in Tranås, Sweden in 1992 (the year Stiga broke from there). I believe they probably named their division that produces for other companies 'Woodhouse AB'. The lower prices of Yasaka's blades as compared to other companies, confirms this to me.

Check-out Yasaka's history timeline around 1992 (srry, can't embed from iPhone. Will edit later)--

https://www.yasaka.se/all-about-yasaka/yasaka-the-story/

Edited by king_pong - 10/11/2018 at 11:17pm
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2018 at 11:51pm

you mean the vsg twist blades.
Yup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 5:52am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

It's a factory.

Except for the fact that Yasaka started producing blades in Tranås, Sweden in 1992 (the year Stiga broke from there). I believe they probably named their division that produces for other companies 'Woodhouse AB'. The lower prices of Yasaka's blades as compared to other companies, confirms this to me.

- Check-out Yasaka's history timeline around 1992 (srry, can't embed from iPhone. Will edit later)--

To me it's still different until I see a "Woodhouse xxx" blade.

If you include the factories, all brands except maybe Butterfly would be on this list.
They all make their blades in external factories.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 10/10/2018 at 5:53am
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2018 at 12:51am

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

It's a factory.

Except for the fact that Yasaka started producing blades in Tranås, Sweden in 1992 (the year Stiga broke from there). I believe they probably named their division that produces for other companies 'Woodhouse AB'. The lower prices of Yasaka's blades as compared to other companies, confirms this to me.

Check-out Yasaka's history timeline around 1992 (srry, can't embed from iPhone. Will edit later)--

To me it's still different until I see a "Woodhouse xxx" blade.

If you include the factories, all brands except maybe Butterfly would be on this list.
They all make their blades in external factories.

Well, does a Stiga Clipper count? Or a Stiga Offensive? Or how about the Allround Classic?  That is the factory that produced those blades.  They all were made and developed there in Tranås.  Anyway, I get that we're splitting hairs now, BUT judging by former forum member, Kennie's avatar, signature, and his long litany of posts nearly all favorable towards Yasaka products, it leads me to believe that Woodhouse is part & parcel of Yasaka (Kennie's father, for those who didn't know, is/was president or director of Woodhouse AB).  Too bad he is not active on here any longer.  I would be curious to ask him about the nature of their close relationship.

then there's this -- 

Regarding Nexy, from what I've read/heard in some forum, they are a blade designer, whose blades are made by some Chinese manufacturer - Yinhe, Sunflex or Sanwei, etc.

Edited by king_pong - 10/13/2018 at 3:45am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2018 at 12:39pm
Anyone wanting to really know, PM emihet, he knows practically every blade maker around.

As for the Nexy production, Oscar Moon designs the blades for his Nexy brand and some for Tibhar… exactly where the production line is at, I don't really know, have my own ideas, but do not know for sure. Oscar correctly does not tell anyone exactly where, how, and why he does stuff, it is proper business practice.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 3:28am
Sunflex made the vsg series for butterfly. I think it also makes blades for other brands.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 5:01am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Anyone wanting to really know, PM emihet, he knows practically every blade maker around.

As for the Nexy production, Oscar Moon designs the blades for his Nexy brand and some for Tibhar… exactly where the production line is at, I don't really know, have my own ideas, but do not know for sure. Oscar correctly does not tell anyone exactly where, how, and why he does stuff, it is proper business practice.

I think it's an open secret really.  I mean, some Nexy blades have the manufacturer listed right on the page on tak9.com, although I'm sure there's a more interesting inside story going on behind the scenes too.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic