Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola prime ABS is .................

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola prime ABS is .................
    Posted: 10/11/2018 at 3:49pm
Joola prime abs is a killer of anti and pips. I tried different anti and blaDE COMBINATIONS AS WELL ASS long pips. Not enough of reversal on anti, every chop block I did was easy to play against.
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2018 at 12:35pm
C'mon osmar… lighten up. MyTT member emihet just absolutely loved the BTY G40+ ball so much he was ready to cuss like a sailor (but didn't) and lose loads of points in sanctioned tourney using the G40+. (he did) When the Joola 40+ was used in so many East Coast tourneys, I really hated on it, was ready to cuss like a whole boatload of sailors (gloriously did) and lost banana boatload of points (ingloriously lost a lot). Every tourney using Joola 40+ ball I lost a lot, a fact. By the time I adjusted to that ball, tourneys started to use different ones. It is the modern way of the weasel, I don't like it either, but here we are.

Yet, this ball is gunna stick. I perceive you are at a high enough level to figure out how to win points and matches regardless. But yeah, I get it, really bites to be forced to change a winning way. Our CEO was like that when plastic ball came out and ended up thriving, despite playing part time.

I think you are good enough to give trouble... you might discover how to give moar trouble as you learn to adjust.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

C'mon osmar… lighten up. MyTT member emihet just absolutely loved the BTY G40+ ball so much he was ready to cuss like a sailor (but didn't) and lose loads of points in sanctioned tourney using the G40+. (he did) When the Joola 40+ was used in so many East Coast tourneys, I really hated on it, was ready to cuss like a whole boatload of sailors (gloriously did) and lost banana boatload of points (ingloriously lost a lot). Every tourney using Joola 40+ ball I lost a lot, a fact. By the time I adjusted to that ball, tourneys started to use different ones. It is the modern way of the weasel, I don't like it either, but here we are.

Yet, this ball is gunna stick. I perceive you are at a high enough level to figure out how to win points and matches regardless. But yeah, I get it, really bites to be forced to change a winning way. Our CEO was like that when plastic ball came out and ended up thriving, despite playing part time.

I think you are good enough to give trouble... you might discover how to give moar trouble as you learn to adjust.

i play with Joola all the time . I emphasize ABS ball, dont you know the difference?
there is a difference to adjust to trajectory , bounce and so forth? but when the ball negates completely the property of the rubber it is different story

Edited by osmar92 - 10/12/2018 at 6:43pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:02am
BH-Man and many others are well aware of the differences, but we all support you in your fight to win using the Prime ball. I did perhaps my best tourney ever using the Prime ball (LA Open) It can be done. FIGHTING !!
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2018 at 4:09pm

BH-Man and many others are well aware of the differences, but we all support you in your fight to win using the Prime ball. I did perhaps my best tourney ever using the Prime ball (LA Open) It can be done. FIGHTING !!

what setup do you have?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 12:26am
Lately, emihet has been calling me William Moristo on BH and Rocketman on FH with Vega Pro on the all wood Persson PP he gave me to tryout... but we already have a very good forum member named Rocketman.

You would like playing vs me with the Prime... I base my game on spin, so you will have plenty of spin to work with.

Ironically, 2 of the higher rated players I defeated were LP players, but it wasn't because of the ball, I play higher level vs pips players than inverted players near my level for some reason.
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 8:09pm
ok that implies you have no idea how it affects pips or anti

Edited by osmar92 - 10/15/2018 at 8:10pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by osmar92 osmar92 wrote:

Calm down and adapt, if you can't calm down then stop talking trash, because your voice will not be heard
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 2:46am
Osar

U gunna play in the Flushing Bank Tourney at NYISC Nov 10?

Edited by BH-Man - 10/16/2018 at 2:46am
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 6:25pm

Osar

U gunna play in the Flushing Bank Tourney at NYISC Nov 10?

no
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Calm down and adapt, if you can't calm down then stop talking trash, because your voice will not be heard

your great advise is to change the style from bh chop blocker to an attacker?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 7:57pm

Adapt to lower spin capabilities my friend, find different tactics and stop relying on spin so much

Adapt, not change
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 8:28pm

Adapt to how many different ball compositions and manufacturing techniques?

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 3:53pm

Adapt to lower spin capabilities my friend, find different tactics and stop relying on spin so much

Adapt, not change

I believe I said earlier that this ball negates the main property of anti. That means the rubber is no longer an instrument but the ballast and there is no way to adapt it generates flat ball as opposed to underspin on chop blocks. Adapt one can do with inverted rubber to lesser spin but with anti it becomes not anti but similar to  worn inverted, completely different style, let alone that I have beem adapting to all the changes all my over 40 years of playing.
Do you follow now?

Edited by osmar92 - 10/17/2018 at 3:54pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 4:09pm
We could see a Richard DeWitt and Osmars championship doubles team if only Rich would cough up a spare bat...

Osmar, you ever drop in Korean Flushing, NYISC or Robert Chen's place? I'll cough up a new autographed Prime ball, I got 4 left...
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 4:48pm

Adapt, not change

I believe I said earlier that this ball negates the main property of anti. That means the rubber is no longer an instrument but the ballast and there is no way to adapt it generates flat ball as opposed to underspin on chop blocks. Adapt one can do with inverted rubber to lesser spin but with anti it becomes not anti but similar to  worn inverted, completely different style, let alone that I have beem adapting to all the changes all my over 40 years of playing.
Do you follow now?
The ball doesn't reduce spin significantly at all, in my eyes.

Don't know if anyone else would second this?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 6:15pm

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

did I say significantly? it should not be significantly to affect inverted rubber, lp and slick pips it affects to detriment
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 6:16pm

[QUOTE=osmar92]ok that implies you have no idea how it affects pips or anti

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

did I say significantly? it should not be significantly to affect the game, lp and slick pips it affects to detriment

Edited by osmar92 - 10/17/2018 at 6:16pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 7:42pm

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

did I say significantly? it should not be significantly to affect the game, lp and slick pips it affects to detriment
Ubiquitously non significant, you're contradicting yourself

You say it's affecting you to detriment, but you denying its significance, which is what I'm saying
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 8:02pm

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

You say it's affecting you to detriment, but you denying its significance, which is what I'm saying

you dont get it. 
ball affects not significantly spin of inverted rubber , to this one can adapt. With anti no adaptation caz it can change style drastically or moreover one must abandon anti caz it does not perform as designed
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 8:17pm

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

you dont get it. 
ball affects not significantly spin of inverted rubber , to this one can adapt. With anti no adaptation caz it can change style drastically or moreover one must abandon anti caz it does not perform as designed
Change style slightly
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2018 at 8:48pm
If we didn't get it before, we get it now, since you have definitely been making that point repeatedly.

Hard to know what to do about it though.  I honestly haven't encountered anyone with anti in quite a few years, but I know that LP players tend to not like 40+ balls.
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 5:40pm

Adapt, not change

Do you follow now?

you dont get it. 
Change style slightly
impossible, one should abandon anti then
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

If we didn't get it before, we get it now, since you have definitely been making that point repeatedly.

Hard to know what to do about it though.  I honestly haven't encountered anyone with anti in quite a few years, but I know that LP players tend to not like 40+ balls.
i replied repeatedly to those who share their view without understanding the issue. 
we can do nothing, i kept adapting but this specific ball is horrible but my inverted play is not affected practically
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 8:40pm
osmar, I'm gunna be in NYC in a couple weeks around Flushing Korean, NYISC, Robert Chen's new place, maybe SPiN and maybe other clubs. C'mon over and get me REKT by Ur anti. I promise to give more than enough spin to make your anti have a lot of variation possibilities.

Edited by BH-Man - 10/19/2018 at 8:41pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 8:52pm
Properties of different balls affect different players in different ways.

The BTY G40+ ball I mentioned that was Kryptonite for MyTT forum member emihet really affected his performance negatively, while the only two tourneys I did using it were successful.

The bounce of the G40+ sounds like a weird hollow crack (like a tortured eggshell pumpkin), but on a slow underspin, the ball generally bounces consistent. On topspin balls, somehow this ball kicks off the table more severely... so to reloop, one must speed up the timing. This makes for some wonderful looking loop to loop rallies in practice... and some errors in tourney matches.

emihet and I do pretty much the same thing - block and attack with inverted, but at different levels and ways. (he is 3 levels a better player no matter the rating.)

The G40+ ball really irritated him, he had a difficult time adjusting to its bounce, behavior in the air, and its arrival timing. The ball has a hard feel and is likely near max spec of heavy (both properties good in my book)

Last ICC tourney we did as a brotherhood mission, emihet lost a boatload of points, while Scoobie Doo cleaned up on higher rated players. I performed better vs the crowd 1-3 levels above my rating too. Weird how different offensive players vary in performance with a differently performing ball, but it is what it is... and not a lot of us like the wildly different properties of the different plastic ball mess ITTF started and national associations copy/pasted like blind sheep in drug induced stupor worse than Chipmunks trying to make enriched uranium...
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 9:40pm

osmar, I'm gunna be in NYC in a couple weeks around Flushing Korean, NYISC, Robert Chen's new place, maybe SPiN and maybe other clubs. C'mon over and get me REKT by Ur anti. I promise to give more than enough spin to make your anti have a lot of variation possibilities.

if you want to show me anything come to Dynamo club.
You still do not listen what I said. Incoming ball affect the topshit of anti regardless what comes in and negates the effect of the anti
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:49am
Maybe I bring a local trouble maker or two and see y'all, I like seeing new territory.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 8:16am
Osmar have you tried different antis? Maybe some will be better than others.
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Osmar have you tried different antis? Maybe some will be better than others.

i think i wrote before that I tried different blades, anti and pips
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic