Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku fastarc G1 vs Vega Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku fastarc G1 vs Vega Pro
    Posted: 10/19/2018 at 6:34am
I assume these two rubbers are quite similar but have heard that G1 is essentially like an upgraded version of the Vega Pro. Can anyone compare these two rubbers?
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 7:58am
I´ve had both. In my opinion Vega Pro has a higher catapult effect while G1 gives more spin.
Both are medium-hard but I found Vega was heavier than G1.
I used both in my FH. Vega more difficult to control. Durability was not an issue, they last a long time.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 9:36am
So Vega Pro slightly faster, G1 slightly spinnier would you say? Both similar high throw?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 9:47am
I agree to this review or description. G1 has more spin (for me) and it is easier to generate the spin.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I have G-1 on both sides of a 89g Hinoki ghost, total weight is 192g, a bit heavier than my ideal 185 but the balance is right anyway with quite thick ST handles. G-1 at $30 a piece from tt11 is the absolute best deal to generate spin if we want inexpensive AND high end. I bought 8 of them + accessories to hit the 30% discount and the characteristics from sheet to sheet are so stable.
Thanks to rocketman222 for steering me towards both the blade and the rubber, I knew he was onto something!!!

Also one of my favourite rubbers all time. I use T05 and G1 on my BH. Although T05 is better, but it's pricey and loses its life pretty soon. G1 only costs less than half of T05 but lasts much much longer.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 11:06am
Also my favorite rubber. C1 and S1 are pretty good as well, for the bh.
Great value.

Edited by wanchope - 10/19/2018 at 11:10am
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 11:23am
sounds like I should try the G1.  I like the aggressiveness of the the P1.  Didn't think the S1 is special.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

sounds like I should try the G1.  I like the aggressiveness of the the P1.  Didn't think the S1 is special.

S1 is very light weighted and suits RPB BH
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

S1 is very light weighted and suits RPB BH

Thumbs Up

S1 is light weighted and very soft. It suits BH only while G1 can be used on both FH and BH.
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 11:36am
S1 is ok .  I played quite a few sheets and it is light but I have moved on.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 1:08pm
True. I have a fairly heavy blade. But I don't care about weight, I might put C1 or G1 on my BH.

Any one tried 1.8mm G1 on BH yet? I wonder how much weight is reduced from the 2.0mm and how well it plays.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

True. I have a fairly heavy blade. But I don't care about weight, I might put C1 or G1 on my BH.

Any one tried 1.8mm G1 on BH yet? I wonder how much weight is reduced from the 2.0mm and how well it plays.

I am using it on my BH. It plays as well as a 2.0 but definitely lighter. I dont have the exact number in weight though.
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 5:29pm
I'm using G1 on my FH and C1 on my BH. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe G1 and C1 share the same topsheet (unlike S1), but the sponge of the C1 is a little less dense, a little lighter, and a little softer.
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 6:31pm

I have G-1 on both sides of a 89g Hinoki ghost (oversized head, choose the compact or compact II to get it at 82/83g and it’s still super solid), total weight is 192g, a bit heavier than my ideal 185 but the balance is right anyway with quite thick ST handles. G-1 at $30 a piece from tt11 is the absolute best deal to generate spin if we want inexpensive AND high end. I bought 8 of them + accessories to hit the 30% discount and the characteristics from sheet to sheet are so stable.
Thanks to rocketman222 for steering me towards both the blade and the rubber, I knew he was onto something!!!

What thickness is ideal for 1 ply hinoki blades? 
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

I'm using G1 on my FH and C1 on my BH. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe G1 and C1 share the same topsheet (unlike S1), but the sponge of the C1 is a little less dense, a little lighter, and a little softer.

I believe C1 has G1's topsheet and S1's sponge.
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 12:43pm
Vega pro for me much better, high throw compared to medium low of g1, with g1 you have to compress sponge to make ball not jump high during block, with vega pro not. Vega pro more linear rubber. Much harder to bh loop backspin with g1.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Vega pro for me much better, high throw compared to medium low of g1, with g1 you have to compress sponge to make ball not jump high during block, with vega pro not. Vega pro more linear rubber. Much harder to bh loop backspin with g1.

I'm not sure I understand your post. Is Vega Pro higher throw or more linear?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:07pm
Just curious which esn generation g1 belongs to, is it similar to rakza, aurus etc? Also, I'm assuming it is a esn rubber, or am i wrong?
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 1:51am
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your post. Is Vega Pro higher throw or more linear?

Both, in my opinion.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 4:16am
it's not ESN, but it's at least 8 years old, so probably same gen as rakza.

i use C1 on both sides - so predictable, consistent in quality, durable and light (this has to be emphasised - 45g cut on my std 157x150 blade - in their thickest version - superthick 2mm). am tempted to upgrade to G1 next year. i might get a heavier virtuoso instead though.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 4:45am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

Also one of my favourite rubbers all time. I use T05 and G1 on my BH. Although T05 is better, but it's pricey and loses its life pretty soon. G1 only costs less than half of T05 but lasts much much longer.

Does G1 last much longer than T05 ?
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Tyler45 Tyler45 wrote:

i use C1 on both sides - so predictable, consistent in quality, durable and light (this has to be emphasised - 45g cut on my std 157x150 blade - in their thickest version - superthick 2mm). am tempted to upgrade to G1 next year. i might get a heavier virtuoso instead though.

It is ESN.
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 7:52am
i stand corrected :)
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 8:47am

Is there anything more durable than vega pro little more spinny?
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:14pm
Does fastarc g-1 in any way resemble T80 in terms of playing feel?
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 7:21pm
No, it resembles T80 not at all.  But g1 is quite good.  I'd much rather have it than tenergy.

And I used Tenergy both sides for 5+ years 

Edited by BRS - 04/19/2019 at 7:22pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Donic Baracuda isn't so different from those rubbers and the most spin between G1, Vega Pro, and Baracuda. Also, I've played with T80 and Baracuda on my main blade for the last 6 months. Baracuda doesn't feel quite like T80, but I can play either rubber on either wing without much adjustment. 

Edited by ericd937 - 04/19/2019 at 8:48pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Donic Baracuda isn't so different from those rubbers and the most spin between G1, Vega Pro, and Baracuda. Also, I've played with T80 and Baracuda on my main blade for the last 6 months. Baracuda doesn't feel quite like T80, but I can play either rubber on either wing without much adjustment. 

Thanks
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 5:49pm

higher marginal spin = higher throw

Not sure if you meant something other than this in context of your post, but my observations negate the above 'equation' when taken in isolation. For example, H3BS is lower throw than T05 or Baracuda but a higher spin rubber than both.

Also, sometimes, when one loops upwards, not all of the high arc is due to spin. Softer (bouncier) sponges, during upward loop, bounce ball upwards (this part of impact does not give rise to spin whereas the brush part does) and this makes the arc look higher than that generated by pure spin.
Silver Server View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 12:29pm
Between VP & G1 which one is more controllable and has less forced errors? 

It sounds like because G1 lacks catapult it's somewhat forgiving and suitable for intermediate players still developing their technique versus Vega Pro. Not that you can use lazy technique with G1, but it forces you to perfect it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic