Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Butterfly blades with similar reaction, vibration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly blades with similar reaction, vibration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaltone View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaltone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly blades with similar reaction, vibration
    Posted: 10/19/2018 at 8:35pm
I'm trying to choose a Butterfly blade. One of my confusions is whether or not blades with similar reaction and vibration numbers and weighing almost the same are practically the same when I play with them? For example, the Boll Forte and the SK7 Classic have similar reaction, vibration scores, and weigh almost the same. So, when I play with either blade (and assuming that I'm not aware which one I have in my hand), would I be able to play without any adjustments switching between these two blades? I'm an intermediate player, and am playing table tennis again after a 15-year lull. Much thanks for any illumination you can provide on this.
Sponsored Links

photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 12:34pm
One needs adjustment for any two blades. The transition from one to another should be relatively easy if they fall in same numbers.
EJ-turned blade collector
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:58pm
You will have to look at the composition as well. Some might be interchangeable like all the Koto ALC blades but then you have something like Timo Boll ZLF and Aplonia ZLC that have almost the same numbers but feel and play different.
jaltone View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaltone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:28pm
Ah, that makes good sense, photino. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Edited by jaltone - 10/20/2018 at 3:29pm
jaltone View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaltone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:57pm
Thanks, jpenmaster. One of the problems I have is my lack of knowledge about wood characteristics. Btw, I plan to buy an allwood blade about off- or off in character, but not off+. I mostly play blocks and drives on both bh and fh, and a few seldom loops. I'd like to improve on my ability to topspin. Would the blades I mentioned above be in my category? Btw, continuing my search in the past day, the Hadraw SK seems to have attracted my eye the most at this point in time. What do people think of this choice? (And, yes, my tenuous choice is simply based on Butterfly's blurb on it which says: "Hadraw SK, an all-wood blade by Butterfly delivers the popular feeling of a natural wood blade – suiting it perfectly for spin-oriented, fast topspin play and attacks." And I wonder what people who have used this blade think of Butterfly's blurb.) I know that it all comes down to skills, but having a blade that suits me would be quite helpful. Much thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic