FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Michale maze blade worth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michale maze blade worth
    Posted: 10/21/2018 at 5:35pm
What are Michael maze blades with the silver tag worth nowadays? How much are, some of you guys that are interested, willing to pay?
Sponsored Links

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 6:44pm
I traded 2 blades about two months ago and sold one.  The average was about $200/blade.  I am still playing with M. Maze and like it a lot, but I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a silver tag.  If I have to pay more than $200, I would buy the Freitas ALC because M. Maze wasn't designed for plastic ball.  I hope that helps.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 7:30pm
Maze and Freitas are the exact same blade though. They continued the blade under Freitas name.

Edited by Tt Gold - 10/21/2018 at 7:30pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 7:42pm
Thickness is different, Freitas is slightly faster if you look at the thicknesses of both

It's around $175-$250 in my eyes, black tag a lot more
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 8:29pm
Buy a Freitas ALC
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 8:31pm
Only a tiny bit, but if you have a maze that's 1gr heavier then it doesn't make a difference. So funny how people think blades like viscaria ,Timo boll spirit, alc and zjk are different when they have the same thickness and composition.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 10:11pm
Butterfly is the master of small changes that make similar blades unique.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Butterfly is the master of small changes that make similar blades unique.
another Ayous layer from 0.9 mm to 0.8 mm = +100$
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

So funny how people think blades like viscaria ,Timo boll spirit, alc and zjk are different when they have the same thickness and composition.
I don't write anymore in this forum but i can't pass this one.
The funny thing is that you don't find the differences. They ARE different and if you play long enough with them, you'll see it and you'll understand why Viscaria is more popular in China, and Boll ALC and Spirit elsewhere. 
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 8:00am
Let me rephrase it vlad. It is stupid to spend another hundreds of dollars just to have small changes. Are you telling me that a viscaria old tag is so much better than a new one, that it is worth twice or three times as much?
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 10:17am
Wood is allways wood. So it’s allmost impossible to find 2 blades that feels excatly the same. I have owned about 10 Mazes and 1 Freitas . First I bought 1 piece and liked it. So I desided to buy a back up blade. My backup felt even better so that bacame a bech mark for me. After that I tried to find 3rd one which would feel as good as first 2. I have had new ones and used ones but I had to test many Mazes before I found one which was good enough for my picky taste. Most of the Mazes I tested were 86g +- 2g but most of them just didn’t feel as good as I wished. Best of my Mazes is made 2015 and the otherones are from 2010 and 2014. I haven’t found too big difference between different production years (I have had 2 other blade from 2015 patch) so I believe that it’s just pure luck how good blade you get. And ofcourse a blade that feels bad in my hands might be perfect for someone else.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 10:25am
i love sitting on a pine chair. i once sat on a mahogany chair and my ass felt different
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 11:24am
I've tried 3 Mazes, not sure what years.  Two felt very very similar and one was more flexy.  The flexy one had a FL handle and the other two were ST, so I chalked the difference up to that, but it could quite possibly be just differences in the wood or weight.  All were excellent blades.  I tried one Freitas and although it was lighter it was faster and had less dwell.  I didn't like the Freitas much, but some might love it.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 12:12pm
Haha, Can you imagine freitas is looking himself after Maze ALC ?
Yes, a few weeks ago, I have been contacted by Michel detrigne, the guy who prepares the blades for Freitas himself. He offered me lots of stuff (clothes, Freitas blades, rubbers, ....) to get 1 of my 3 old tag 93gr Maze ALC. he absolutely wanted one to prepare immediately for freitas....
So, Freitas ALC, in the eyes of Marcos freitas himself...does not play the same as Maze ALC :)))

By the way, a new Maze ALC, silver tag with ST handle is +/-200 EUR worth.
A new Maze ALC from the first series with old black tag and ST handle is 400-500 EUR worth.

Edited by kakapo - 10/22/2018 at 1:00pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 12:24pm
I like my Maze, but if anyone wants to pay 200 EUR for it, it's sold haha.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by MCollins MCollins wrote:

If it is unplayed, you will have no problem to sell it for 200.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 1:41pm
Wow Tommy16 is the Maze master! I myself have owned 3. All three had similar weights of +-2 grams but varying frequencies in the bounce test. I like the fastest one which is an anatomic handle which I have grown to love. Favorite blade of all time. Have yet to try a Freitas, because I'm too busy using the Maze! Beer
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

i love sitting on a pine chair. i once sat on a mahogany chair and my ass felt different

LMAO
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 4:51pm
I have a couple of brand new Maze FL, almost traded with Viscaria LOL. I didn’t know it cost more now than before.
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by MCollins MCollins wrote:

If it is unplayed, you will have no problem to sell it for 200.

Sadly, mine's been used.  But it's still in nice condition, I think.

Edited by MCollins - 10/25/2018 at 7:04pm
My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic