Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trouble with reverse pendulum service to the bh
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with reverse pendulum service to the bh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with reverse pendulum service to the bh
    Posted: 11/01/2018 at 8:10am
Hello i have problem with a deceptive reverse pendulum service to my backhand (on the forehand side i can flip it to the wide forehand,..)

it is mostly heavy topspin, and normaly my backhand flip/chiquita can punish no spin serves or light backspin services with good speed and power, but with this service to my backhand i have trouble to aggressivly return it and when i play the return passive or to aggressive it goes mostly out or my opponent can attack the return on the backhand side with his forehand and i can't prevent him from that.

what should i do:
1) play to the wide forehand with a safe turn
2) play softly to the backhand and stay in the rally ?

i hope you have some tips or videos :)

have a nice day.
Sponsored Links

chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 11:12am
Depends on your play style. If you have a strong BH, should be easy to attack a top spin serve to your BH. If your FH is good, step aside and attack using your FH. Can not return softly on heavy top spin serves. Most likely you will pop the ball up and get killed immediately.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

Hello i have problem with a deceptive reverse pendulum service to my backhand (on the forehand side i can flip it to the wide forehand,..)

it is mostly heavy topspin, and normaly my backhand flip/chiquita can punish no spin serves or light backspin services with good speed and power, but with this service to my backhand i have trouble to aggressivly return it and when i play the return passive or to aggressive it goes mostly out or my opponent can attack the return on the backhand side with his forehand and i can't prevent him from that.

what should i do:
1) play to the wide forehand with a safe turn
2) play softly to the backhand and stay in the rally ?

i hope you have some tips or videos :)

have a nice day.

For topspin, simply do your chiquita with a closed angle and borrow the spin more...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2018 at 1:37am
If you see the spin, it's simple. Just kill it if it's top spin. Closed bat angle and rip it like Harimoto :D Must take the ball on the way up (off the bounce), don't hesitate or be afraid of it. If you are afraid of the serve, you will not return it well.

If you can't kill it, at least make it difficult for your opponent by return the ball deep to his elbow, backhand corner or wide forehand. Don't return too passively to the middle of the table.

Edited by balldance - 11/02/2018 at 1:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic