Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

On the new gen 42-43 deg rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the new gen 42-43 deg rubbers
    Posted: 11/03/2018 at 5:30pm
This topic needs to be developed as well as the new gen 47-48 deg rubbers has being done currently.

I use new gen 42-43 deg rubbers on bh, and I've seen a lot of players (attacking style) doing the same.

I've seen also some very good players using a 42-43 deg on their fh, but that was a minority. Of course opinion about fh are welcome.

Below my recent experience with these rubbers. I'm still deciding which is the best for my backhand.

Currently with Gewo Nexxus EL PRO 43 I'm quite satisfied except brushing topspins (opener topspins) which I'd desire spinnier and with more solid contact. This rubber feels a bit slippery indeed. On topspin loops it is very good instead, a lot of power and feeling.

The O7E (I've used it for two months) on the contrary is better on opener topspins, while it lacks a bit of power on topspin loops. Highly durable, one of the best.

The R42 is the best of both worlds but the topsheet degrades too quickly, quicker than O7E for sure. The EL PRO 43 is still on test but seems durable as well as O7E.

A lot of people suggest me to have a rubber on backhand that excels in blocks, cuts and flat hits: the V42 seems to be very good at it, but how does it perform on topspins also?

Comparison between R42 and O7E:

R42 a bit spinnier then O7E
O7E higher throw than R42
R42 a bit faster than O7E
O7E better control than R42, banana flicks very easy to execute

Viscaria FL
Omega VII Pro 2.0 Black FH
Omega VII Euro 2.0 Red BH
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 7:48pm
SHORE-A IS A MUST DEVICE TO HAVE.

You need to get Durometer Shore A at your hands.   Thus could you make a reliable comparisons with many different rubber sponges.   42-45 degree by Shore A scale is the very modern trendency with most top gunners worldwide.

Edited by igorponger - 11/03/2018 at 7:54pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 7:50pm
I'd rather play Rozena than all those rubbers honestly, but I haven't tried Gewo Nexxus El Pro 43. Out of the ones at that hardness from ESN that I've tried, I also preferred R42. But still, I would use Rozena over R42. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 1:04am
The Nexxus EL Pro 43 seems spinnny enough for me, but I have not tried Pro 48 to compare it against.

I am enjoying it on FH, with Pro 38 on BH.
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 2:16am
Originally posted by trumpet_guy trumpet_guy wrote:

The Nexxus EL Pro 43 seems spinnny enough for me, but I have not tried Pro 48 to compare it against.

Maybe it’s my bh motion technique that doesn’t enable me to exploit the spin of this rubber on topspin against backspin. On topspin loops instead I can get a lot of spin.
For its price, great rubber.

About Rozena, I’m sure it is a quality rubber, please Eric make a short review if you want.
Viscaria FL
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

Maybe it’s my bh motion technique that doesn’t enable me to exploit the spin of this rubber on topspin against backspin. On topspin loops instead I can get a lot of spin.

About Rozena, I’m sure it is a quality rubber, please Eric make a short review if you want.

You can get a lot of easy spin against backspin if you hit through the ball instead of just brushing. You need to engage the topsheet and the sponge to make this rubber work, and since you can seem to do this ok regular topspins i guess you can easily adjust your technique a bit for openers too. If you have a very brushy action then don't buy any of the new gen rubbers, try older gen rubbers like aurus, rakza, vega pro etc. The topsheet on the nexxus lasts quite long.

Edited by nv42 - 11/04/2018 at 2:54pm
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

You can get a lot of easy spin against backspin if you hit through the ball instead of just brushing. You need to engage the topsheet and the sponge to make this rubber work, and since you can seem to do this ok regular topspins i guess you can easily adjust your technique a bit for openers too. If you have a very brushy action then don't buy any of the new gen rubbers, try older gen rubbers like aurus, rakza, vega pro etc. The topsheet on the nexxus lasts quite long.

Ok I'll try Thumbs Up

Yes the topsheet degrades very slowly.

I really like the new gen rubbers, I use since april and think my action is ok with them, just found some differences and wanted to make a thread to collect as much info as possible (42-43 deg).

PS I also have the Freitas, great blade.

Viscaria FL
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 9:47pm
I didn't like the R42. The topsheets on these new modern designs are crappy in my opinion. They rely almost entirely on the sponge for spin and indeed feel slippery when relying on the topsheet. No 'bite'. Ancients like Vega series etc have a much grippier topsheet that also lasts much longer and have a very sweet bite on the ball.

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

I didn't like the R42. The topsheets on these new modern designs are crappy in my opinion. They rely almost entirely on the sponge for spin and indeed feel slippery when relying on the topsheet. No 'bite'. Ancients like Vega series etc have a much grippier topsheet that also lasts much longer and have a very sweet bite on the ball.

I agree.  

These new thin topsheets are the crap.  I have to use Mad Max thickness 2.3 before I can get similar results to previous generations 2.2 or 2.1
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic