Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:20pm
Jang Woojin always coming back from 3-1 down to win 11-9 or 12-10 in the 7th,AngryEvil Smile , BTW, Hina Hayata is looking faster and her hitting is so crispy
How many eyes have seen their dreams
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:36pm
A really back and forth battle between Hina Hayata and Miu Hirano.
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:43pm
WHY ITO MIMA SUPERIOR TO OTHER GIRLS BY FAR ?

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      

Massive muscularity?  Uhm... look, I'm a huge fan of Mima Ito, but if Mima Ito and Cheng I Ching get into a boxing ring, I'm gonna have to take CIC.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:33pm
Timo Boll and Patrick Franziska in a tight one right now 1-1.  Timo won in the 7th at the Euro championships.  Let see how he and Patrick play this one out.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

A really back and forth battle between Hina Hayata and Miu Hirano.

So sorry for Hayata Hina ...
The fall in the rating is growing ....Notable deductions for November and December 2017 ....And reserve points are small ...

12/2018-8498
1/2019-7531

Shocked
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:00pm
Timo Magic Boll....
Victas matsushita off, Fastarc G-1 max, S ยง T Hellfire 1mm, Japsko Glued

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:01pm
so sad for Franziska, he had two match points yet he couldn't convert, I hate the confidence and stability that Timo has to always make this crazy comebacks, It's so annoying, This boy should win, I doubt if Franziska would ever beat Timo, the European Champs and this tournament, he had the win in his hands but he couldn't convert, he'll probably psychologically lose the match even before playing any time he meets Timo again

Edited by troubadour - 11/08/2018 at 6:00pm
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:32pm
It's a shame. As much as i love Timo, Franziska played so well and really deserved to win. Especially after his tough loss at the ETTC against Timo..
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:35pm
Don't know the points what these guys were talking about Franziska's deserving to win. If he lost, it means he is not good to beat TB in that match. 
ybodur View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybodur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:47pm
What happened to Ma Long? ITTF site shows WO against Kanamitsu? Did he not play?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:57pm
Never noticed this guy, Sathiyan, until he took out Wang Chuqin.
Man he is now taking Freitas Marcos to the 7th game.
Unbelievable. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:07pm
Man, Sathiyan just took out Freitas Marcos (a solid strong player.)

tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

so sad for Franziska, he had two match points yet he couldn't convert, I hate the confidence and stability that Timo has to always make this crazy comebacks, It's so annoying, This boy should win, I doubt if Franziska would ever beat Timo, the European Champs and this tournament, he had the win in his hands but he couldn't convert, he'll probably lose the psychologically any time he meets Timo again
  couple of obvious flaw in logic, won't get into it
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:08pm
Nice serve by Sathiyan
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:49pm
Been watching Sathiyan for some time now, he's been tearing it up for some time now. He was one of the best players in UTT (Ultimate table tennis) league and it was only a matter of time before he started taking out some bigger names. Plays a fast-attack close to table game, suited for the modern game that's evolving before our eyes
Palio R57 Penhold
729 Battle II FH
Rasanter R42 BH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

Been watching Sathiyan for some time now, he's been tearing it up for some time now. He was one of the best players in UTT (Ultimate table tennis) league and it was only a matter of time before he started taking out some bigger names. Plays a fast-attack close to table game, suited for the modern game that's evolving before our eyes

Sathiyan mentions in this article how Coach Massimo Costantino  was instrumental in laying a great foundation for Indian table tennis.  He's now taken a position with the ITTF, but it's nice to see good results from India that he was at least a part of.  

And to think Massimo Costantini was once Team USA's head coach.  I recall at the Olympics Jiaqi Zheng and Lily Zhang talking in Chinese amongst themselves and practically ignoring coach Costantini during a break.  I remember remarking how I found that disrespectful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

so sad for Franziska, he had two match points yet he couldn't convert, I hate the confidence and stability that Timo has to always make this crazy comebacks, It's so annoying, This boy should win, I doubt if Franziska would ever beat Timo, the European Champs and this tournament, he had the win in his hands but he couldn't convert, he'll probably lose the psychologically any time he meets Timo again
  couple of obvious flaw in logic, won't get into it
what can a poor boy with a low iq that's me do???Cry

Edited by troubadour - 11/08/2018 at 6:02pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Massive muscularity?  Uhm... look, I'm a huge fan of Mima Ito, but if Mima Ito and Cheng I Ching get into a boxing ring, I'm gonna have to take CIC.
Actually, forget CIC, I don't know if it's a camera thing, but look at the size of He Zhoujia's right arm:

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 3:38am

so sad for Franziska, he had two match points yet he couldn't convert, I hate the confidence and stability that Timo has to always make this crazy comebacks, It's so annoying, This boy should win, I doubt if Franziska would ever beat Timo, the European Champs and this tournament, he had the win in his hands but he couldn't convert, he'll probably psychologically lose the match even before playing any time he meets Timo again
It was certainly a very tense match.  Franziska mostly played very well. More importantly, he played smart tactics against Timo.  A lot of times, he was ready and waiting for exactly where Timo was putting the ball.  it looked to me like he a put a lot of thought into how to beat Timo.

Timo, on the other hand, played well, but not as great as I've seen him play in some other recent events.  And he was slow to recognize just how well prepared Franziska was for him.  In the end, he started doing some unusual things that threw Franziska off.

I'm sure there is a psychological bock for Franziska, but I also know that he has beaten Timo before.  Timo is just a very experienced player with a wide variety of skills.

By the way, I loved the extra cameras they used.  They showed all these table level views which gives a much better idea of what it's really like to be there watching.  And excellent use of slow motion.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:16am
That lateral camera was the best angle to watch the game in real time, but unfortunately they used it only before the players serve and for the slow motion repetition.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

That lateral camera was the best angle to watch the game in real time, but unfortunately they used it only before the players serve and for the slow motion repetition.

+1
My thoughts exactly. Eye level view at that angle would be great. Glad that they are experimenting. Hmmm ... how 'bout player cam headbands?

EDIT: I just saw them sneak in that angled camera through an entire point in the He Zhoujia Suh Hyowon match.

Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 11/09/2018 at 6:36am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 6:57am
Hi,

Please don't miss Dima vs Lin; a fine demonstration of the growing tendency for powerful players holding the table to fight the fight.

Additionally, if you are interested in how good Tomokazu Harimoto is, watch Harimoto vs a very good Yoshimura, especially the last game where Tomokazu opens up.

Thanks,
Donn
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:35am
Watching ZYL vs. Honoka Hashimoto.  Tied up 3-3.  It shouldn't be this close.  ZYL is a far superior player, but for some reason has gotten sloppy. 
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:49am
I was about to claw my eyes out when Hashimoto missed that last shot at 10-9.

Edited by pipboy76 - 11/09/2018 at 7:50am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:49am
A lucky escape by ZYL.  Hashimoto missed an easy backhand smash at deuce that could have changed the outcome.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:50am
Hashimoto Honoka had 2 match points, but unable to make it.  Zhu Yuling (WR #1) won (luckily).
Zhu won in the 7th game.

Update:  Beside Ito Mima, another Japanese female player (Hashimoto) can give Zhu problems.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/09/2018 at 7:57am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:51am
Wow.  I was really wrong about SYS.  She got destroyed by Ding Ning.  A year or so ago, she was about even with WMY, now she's really fallen off.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:54am
ZYL's been playing like sh*t lately. She's lucky to escape another defeat.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

ZYL's been playing like sh*t lately. She's lucky to escape another defeat.
================
Man, you nailed it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic