FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:01am
Doo Hoi Kem vs Ito Mima:  Now 2-2.

The 5th game, Doo is ahead 8-6. (Ito Mima time out.)

Edited by skip3119 - 11/09/2018 at 8:05am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:03am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

ZYL's been playing like sh*t lately. She's lucky to escape another defeat.

================
Man, you nailed it.

Yeah right now that 2nd Olympics spot is going to either WMY, LSW or possibly CM in that order.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:12am
Doo vs Ito:  3-2 now.
Ito may not survive.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:16am
Whoa! Games 2 & 3 Mima Ito lost 11-1 11-2. Can she pull it together.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:20am
Doo Hoi Kem beat Ito Mima:  4-2.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:23am
Why in the world that a week or so ago, Zhu Yuling lost so bad to Ito Mima?

Here Doo beat Ito:  4-2.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:35am

Yes, I thought Ito could be in danger playing against Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese players for instance. In the past, she often lost from non Chinese players. Lots of people have begun thinking she could be the best one but ...they forgot the other players :)) Not enough being able to defeat the Chineseplayers, you have to be able to defeat the other ones also
Victas matsushita off, Fastarc G-1 max, S § T Hellfire 1mm, Japsko Glued
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:35am

It's simply table tennis. 
How many eyes have seen their dreams
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:40am
Ito mima looked like she lost interest and did not try out there. I don't blame her, these are mickey mouse tournaments and winning and losing does not matter in the great scheme of things.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:40am
Managing the pressure once everybody is looking at you as a favourite is not easy. That's why Ding Ning is the top of the top.
Victas matsushita off, Fastarc G-1 max, S § T Hellfire 1mm, Japsko Glued
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Ito mima looked like she lost interest and did not try out there. I don't blame her, these are mickey mouse tournaments and winning and losing does not matter in the great scheme of things.
Oh!, do tell bro, If a Platinum tournament is mickey mouse, then what's an Ordinary World Tour Event in Sweden??.
Or who knows, like in your GREAT SCHEME OF THINGS,  maybe Ito deliberately lost to avoid the Chinese and to hide her weapons, seems like you were actually making some sense, hmmn, Ermm
How many eyes have seen their dreams
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:51am
It's all part of her grand strategy to limit the number of opportunities for the Chinese to compete against her 😀. Probably just peaked in Sweden. Go home early. Rest up and prepare for Grand Finals.
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

Oh!, do tell bro, If a Platinum tournament is mickey mouse, then what's an Ordinary World Tour Event in Sweden??.
Or who knows, like in your GREAT SCHEME OF THINGS,  maybe Ito deliberately lost to avoid the Chinese and to hide her weapons, seems like you were actually making some sense, hmmn, Ermm

Lol I ll play this tournament but I dont want to win. She has not defeated me I dont have interest..yehhhhhh rightttt
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:02am
Hi,

Take a look at the Women's singles draw quarters.  Naw, don't bother: China, China, China.

Thanks,
Donn
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:12am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Hi,
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Take a look at the Women's singles draw quarters.  Naw, don't bother: China, China, China.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Thanks,

The number was not so dominating in the r32 or r16. Guese what happens after people got eliminated~~
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:15am

Clap
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:16am

Simple, ITO and ZYL are overrated and Doo is underrated. ;)
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Lol I ll play this tournament but I dont want to win. She has not defeated me I dont have interest..yehhhhhh rightttt

It's not that she doesn't want to win.  Everyone wants to win.  But the reality is she's probably physically, emotionally, and even mentally somewhat drained as this is the second of a back to back tournament.  She's already proven to herself that she can beat the best of the best.  For now anyway, she has nothing to prove.  Plus, she still has the Grand Finals to prepare/look forward to.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:19am

It's simply table tennis. 

Clap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

It's not that she doesn't want to win.  Everyone wants to win.  But the reality is she's probably physically, emotionally, and even mentally somewhat drained as this is the second of a back to back tournament.  She's already proven to herself that she can beat the best of the best.  For now anyway, she has nothing to prove.  Plus, she still has the Grand Finals to prepare/look forward to.

Fully agree with you ...

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:21am
Zheng Peifeng leading TB 2-0. I'm a penholder myself. Really like how Zheng plays.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:24am

It’s just another tournament. No big deal. Nobody can win all matches, event Ma Long can not do that. It’s just like playing cards on a poker table. If you can win big pots and lose small pots, you are already a very good player.
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:25am

Exactly. She also does not want to over expose herself to the chinese who are now trying to find ways to beat her.
She would be wise to limit her encounters with the chinese before the Tokyo Olympics.

Edited by jackwong23 - 11/09/2018 at 9:28am
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

Zheng Peifeng leading TB 2-0. I'm a penholder myself. Really like how Zheng plays.

He is fun to watch. Very impressive BH.
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:27am

Ok I Agree but i think ito built her game to beat chinese but maybe not outplay other players
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:30am

Seems like the magic of TB's trademark FH spinny loop is gone with T05H.
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

That lateral camera was the best angle to watch the game in real time, but unfortunately they used it only before the players serve and for the slow motion repetition.

I find it very jarring and annoying to show the serve and then switch cameras mid point.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

That lateral camera was the best angle to watch the game in real time, but unfortunately they used it only before the players serve and for the slow motion repetition.

I find it very jarring and annoying to show the serve and then switch cameras mid point.

Edited by wanchope - 11/09/2018 at 9:57am
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Well, he's got it back
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Time to eat a humble pie :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic