FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Austrian Open Nov. 6-11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:42pm
TB is a great player, no luck needed, one of the few that really get respect
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

He zhuojia let Cheng I-Ching got 19 points out of the 4 sets, one more point than Ishikawa got...
She uses funny rubber and does not do well against someone who also uses it - how do you judge that?

You can say that to most funny rubber players, including Ito. He and Ito played earlier and it turned out the He's rubber is funnier...
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:48pm

He zhuojia let Cheng I-Ching got 19 points out of the 4 sets, one more point than Ishikawa got...
She uses funny rubber and does not do well against someone who also uses it - how do you judge that?
She beat Ito 4-2 in the battle of weird rubbers, who else???
How many eyes have seen their dreams
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:49pm

You can say that to most funny rubber players, including Ito. He and Ito played earlier and it turned out the He's rubber is funnier...

Smile
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

finally, AAAHHH, GOOD LORD!!!.   Congrats Pitchford, finally someone punishing Boll's play in this tournament, always coming back from 2 games or a game down to win, all those tricky serves and receives gives him so much mental strength and confidence and that ability to read the opponent so well, thank God Pitchford serves and his backhand was very effective today

yes, Timo had a lucky escape
against Frankziska earlier in this tourney.
Apparently too much success makes people jealous?  There is nothing wrong with Timo coming back from being down; it's a sign of his mental toughness. I also think it somewhat reflects his tactics: he uses the early games to probe his opponents and then the later games he attacks the weaknesses he's spotted.  Timo has a very long history of coming back to win matches after being down 1-2-3 games.  That's something to be proud of.

I also doesn't think it's fair to describe his win over Franziska has lucky.  Fortunate, maybe, in that Franziska was playing him very tough and very smart, but when Timo one in the end it wasn't because of an edge ball or something, it was just determination and smart play.  And, to a certain extent, I think Franziska was playing most of the match at the very top of his game, and it's hard to sustain yourself at 100% for an entire seven game match.

I think Timo looked tired from the start of this tournament.  Maybe he's sick?  At any rate, it's hard to play two seven game matches in succession and then immediately play again.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 1:57pm

I saw one recently where He lost badly,  will have to do a bit of research
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:10pm

I saw one recently where He lost badly,  will have to do a bit of research
not in the ITTF tournaments, don't know how to check others.  I could have remembered wrong on who she lost to also.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:16pm
He Zhuojia lost to Han Ying, 2-4, in 2018 Swedish Open.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:16pm

not in the ITTF tournaments, don't know how to check others.  I could have remembered wrong on who she lost to also.
It was at the CTTSL or CNG; 
A lot of CNT players can beat her without problem. She was Ai Fukuhara copy cat. 

Then, she could be very good

Edited by Egghead - 11/09/2018 at 2:20pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

He Zhuojia lost to Han Ying, 2-4, in 2018 Swedish Open.
thank you.  I saw that during my research but misread the results.  so I haven't lost it (yet)
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

It was at the CTTSL or CNG; 
A lot of CNT players can beat her without problem. She was Ai Fukuhara copy cat. 

Then, she could be very good

It was Han Ying that I was thinking of.  On a separate note, He looks older than she is
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 2:29pm
Choppers are differnet though. But it's true, players with untraditional rubbers have this type of advantages, even against each other. I think He uses long pips, but Fukuhara used shorter ones.

Edited by wanchope - 11/09/2018 at 2:32pm
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 3:03pm

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 3:11pm
that is a bit inflammatory "her will to win is low"?  if her skills are high, this will be a sure way to fire her up
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 3:28pm

that is a bit inflammatory "her will to win is low"?  if her skills are high, this will be a sure way to fire her up

If you watched the March you will know what she meant. I felt exactly the same way watching the match and said exactly the same thing as Qang Manyu.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

If you watched the March you will know what she meant. I felt exactly the same way watching the match and said exactly the same thing as Qang Manyu.

will check it out when I have a chance
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Timo played against Zheng Peifeng just about one hour ago for seven games (?). Gave him credit for a 37 years old. 

It was6 gamer. So when your fav player loses its because:
1 he s tired
2 he doesnt want to win
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Ito mima looked like she lost interest and did not try out there. I don't blame her, these are mickey mouse tournaments and winning and losing does not matter in the great scheme of things.
jack, how is the Austrian more mickey mouse than the Swede one????

To be precise they are both mickey mouse tournaments in comparisons
to the Olympics, wttcs and world cups.

I said a few days ago that beating 4 chinese players in a small tournament like the Sweden open might not be a good thing for Ito, as she is now being targeted and analyzed by the chinese.

They arent small tournaments its only a way to not give credit when your favorite player was defeated in this case japanese players .ito was being analysed from before swedish open

Like it or not, this is what I said after Ito's Sweden open victory a few days ago.

"It is great to win the sweden open , but why reveal all your cards to your enemies before the big touraments ?
Waldner never revealed his true form and major weapons in unimportant tournanents and this is something Ito should learn.
Now the chinese know what Ito is capable of doing.
Big, big mistake, I am afraid."

Notice that I used the phrase
" unimportant tournaments " above?

Maybe Ito has finally taken a page out of zjk or waldner's book ~ never take pro tours seriously, instead use them to suss out your opponents.

Ito never said she is not interested in protours. .its your excuse when the "overrated" player wins over your fav player
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 5:51pm
THUS COULD YOU WIN, MY SONNY ..

Criss-cross play is the only chance for Harimoto to amaze the Chinese to death.   I have now adviced him to always get the ball at sharp angle sideways, and I keep saying this to him now and again, now and again.
   Criss-cross .. Criss-Cross .. Criss Cross ...
------
Dum Spiro Spero
While I breathe, I hope
Пока живу - надеюсь
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

THUS COULD YOU WIN, MY SONNY ..

Criss-cross play is the only chance for Harimoto to amaze the Chinese to death.   I have now adviced him to always get the ball at sharp angle sideways, and I keep saying this to him now and again, now and again.
   Criss-cross .. Criss-Cross .. Criss Cross ...

I think you can find a bot in a room somewhere signing in as Igor.  
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 8:01pm

Choppers are differnet though. But it's true, players with untraditional rubbers have this type of advantages, even against each other. I think He uses long pips, but Fukuhara used shorter ones.
Ya; the funny thing was that He was using MP or SP before. Somehow. CNT wanted her to be Fukuhara copy cat and asked her to switch to LP.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2018 at 11:08pm

So when your fav player loses its because:
1 he s tired
2 he doesnt want to win

Don't forget
3 he isn't using a Butterfly blade
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 12:54am

Ito mima looked like she lost interest and did not try out there. I don't blame her, these are mickey mouse tournaments and winning and losing does not matter in the great scheme of things.

I said a few days ago that beating 4 chinese players in a small tournament like the Sweden open might not be a good thing for Ito, as she is now being targeted and analyzed by the chinese.

They arent small tournaments its only a way to not give credit when your favorite player was defeated in this case japanese players .ito was being analysed from before swedish open

Like it or not, this is what I said after Ito's Sweden open victory a few days ago.

"It is great to win the sweden open , but why reveal all your cards to your enemies before the big touraments ?
Waldner never revealed his true form and major weapons in unimportant tournanents and this is something Ito should learn.

Maybe Ito has finally taken a page out of zjk or waldner's book ~ never take pro tours seriously, instead use them to suss out your opponents.

Ito never said she is not interested in protours. .its your excuse when the "overrated" player wins over your fav player
sat down to watch parts of the match that Ito lost.  She played shit thru quite a bit of it. Since she threw some temper tantrums - I doubt she didn't care to win 
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 4:23am

Jack's got totally wrong line of reasoning, there's a reason why some many forum members calling his BS.  As a player, you have to keep improving and keep strong winning mentality.  A player playing to lose so he/she doesn't reveal his cards, who the hell cares about your card when you don't know how to win.   
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 5:51am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Jack's got totally wrong line of reasoning, there's a reason why some many forum members calling his BS.  As a player, you have to keep improving and keep strong winning mentality.  A player playing to lose so he/she doesn't reveal his cards, who the hell cares about your card when you don't know how to win.
=======================

Jack's reasoning: You hide your weapons/strategies, even if it means that you lose, then you use them in Olympics or WTTC. (Problems: your weapons/strategies get rusty. If you only practice against weak opponents or team mates, you don't gain the experience on how to deal with strong players' reactions, etc..)

I find that reasoning completely BS. If you don't keep on winning, you may not even be selected by your country to play in the Olympics or WTTC.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/10/2018 at 6:15am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 5:53am
Zhu Yuling is sure glad that Ito Mima was gone.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 6:44am

Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

=======================

Jack's reasoning: You hide your weapons/strategies, even if it means that you lose, then you use them in Olympics or WTTC. (Problems: your weapons/strategies get rusty. If you only practice against weak opponents or team mates, you don't gain the experience on how to deal with strong players' reactions, etc..)
I find that reasoning completely BS. If you don't keep on winning, you may not even be selected by your country to play in the Olympics or WTTC.

Guys, guys... let's not go down this road of back and forth "You need to grow a brain.  .... No, you're a dumbass".  It derails threads and does not promote good discussion.  I get that this is the Internet and you can almost say whatever you want, but many folks don't want to sift through pages of back and forth garbage.

Now, though I disagree with jackwong23 on whether or not it's a good thing to beat 4 Chinese at the Sweden Open, I think there is something to be said for not revealing *all* of your cards before WC/OC.  In fact I could have sworn I had read there being some discussion of exactly this with respect to Ma Long before WC/OC to get FZD off guard, but I can't seem to find it.  I don't have a lot of time today to do research, but I found this interesting post from a while back:

So I absolutely believe that Mima Ito needed to use all of her weapons to beat the top Chinese players at the Sweden Open to build confidence and prove to herself that her training is working.  But the question is now that she's done it, what should she do from here on out.  I think she can develop *new* weapons that she could either spring on the top Chinese at the WC/OC or use sparingly or even only use on CNT opponents she's deemed unlikely to make the Olympics, but are still very, very good (CXT, SYS).  

The CNT was caught off guard at the Asian Championships last year and now the Swedish Open so I do think there is something to be said for not revealing all of your cards until WC/OC.  I would like to see Mima Ito pull off another Swedish Open specifically at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.  You know that the CNT is extremely good at analyzing players so it might not be a bad idea to save new weapons/tactics until WC/OC.
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 6:44am

Zhu Yuling is sure glad that Ito Mima was gone.

I think there are lot more players who could defeat Ito Mima than Zhu Yuling in a tournament so, even if Ito Mima has a difficult game to deal with for Zhu Yuling, she will have:

-to be in the same part of the table
-to defeat all the other players from Korea, HK, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore.....while in the same time, only some Chinese players are able to defeat ZYL

Edited by kakapo - 11/10/2018 at 6:45am
Victas matsushita off, Fastarc G-1 max, S § T Hellfire 1mm, Japsko Glued
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 7:35am
Man, can Harimoto take out Xu Xin?

Harimoto won the first game.
2nd game is coming.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 8:19am
Harimoto vs Xu.
Game:  2-3.

The 6th game coming up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic