Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ghost Serve Back Into The Net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lamlangset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamlangset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghost Serve Back Into The Net
    Posted: 11/06/2018 at 3:13am
This is new video by me, ghost serve back spins

https://www.youtube.com/user/tunglam15041993
Sponsored Links

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by lamlangset lamlangset wrote:

Hey, legal serves!  Well done!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamlangset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Originally posted by lamlangset lamlangset wrote:

Hey, legal serves!  Well done!

thanks bro, i will try
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 8:43am
What amazed us all when Ma lin first demonstrated that serve, was that he could make the ball travel towards the opponent and back to the net almost in a straight line.
The OP needs to keep the ball from crossing the centre line to be a true ghost serve.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 10:05am
And he kept it low over the net somehow which seems physically impossible. Since a ghost serve high over the net is easy and not useful in a match.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

What amazed us all when Ma lin first demonstrated that serve, was that he could make the ball travel towards the opponent and back to the net almost in a straight line.
The OP needs to keep the ball from crossing the centre line to be a true ghost serve.

I think when Ma Lin did it, it was with the old ball.

This guy is okay, but most of the spin was gone by the 2nd bounce. 
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2018 at 11:57pm
Good serving, but is called backspin serve and not a 1 bounce over the net and 1 bounce back
I like your serves but think most TT players could or should be able to make the ball come backwards using backspin
 I show customers that my premade bats can make the ball come back over

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 2:38am
More under and slightly up the front of the ball works better for me
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 6:18am
Hey man there's not much spin in that serve, there's just very little foreward component also.
Practice putting more spin into the serve. So it goes back into the net fast rather than sit on the table.

After I figured out how to put a lot of spin into the ball, I almost can't get a backspin serve NOT to shoot back into the net.

If you want my advice, the best way to do it is to hit either at the tip of the bat (which may add some sidespin) or at the back of the rubber (when you're serving, the part of the rubber that's rightmost) with an angle (meaning the bat shouldn't be flat or slanting towards the table, but actually slanted like an inverted topspin. Basically touching the front bottom of the ball instead of just its bottom)

Also hold the racket tightly and don't allow the head of the bat any 'give'

Edited by Lightzy - 11/07/2018 at 6:20am
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 9:52am
It's mostly about wrist whip and using the body to maximise spin. These aren't real serves for a match but to practice brushing the ball.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I believe a true ghost serve is performed shirtless.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:30pm
Sorry, no music or slow mo. Just tonight's practice. 

mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 11:32pm
You are a lot younger than I thought you'd be :)
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:18am
Yea, I guess I do look a bit older when I don't shave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamlangset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Hey man there's not much spin in that serve, there's just very little foreward component also.
Practice putting more spin into the serve. So it goes back into the net fast rather than sit on the table.

After I figured out how to put a lot of spin into the ball, I almost can't get a backspin serve NOT to shoot back into the net.

If you want my advice, the best way to do it is to hit either at the tip of the bat (which may add some sidespin) or at the back of the rubber (when you're serving, the part of the rubber that's rightmost) with an angle (meaning the bat shouldn't be flat or slanting towards the table, but actually slanted like an inverted topspin. Basically touching the front bottom of the ball instead of just its bottom)

Also hold the racket tightly and don't allow the head of the bat any 'give'
Thank you all for your comments. I feel very excited and will apply what you say to do better than your serve

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic