Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rhyzm (medium) vs Rhyzer 48 (hard)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoyPips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyPips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhyzm (medium) vs Rhyzer 48 (hard)
    Posted: 11/07/2018 at 2:45am
I am playing with Joola Chen Weixing blade (all+). I have played a lot with T05 and sometimes with Rakza 7. Lately I have used Rhytm, which is similar to Rakza 7, but with better grip. Rhytm is not far away from T05, but it's more lively with more catapult. Rhyzm gives really good spin with minimum effort, like in fishing shot it gives best possible (side)spin "automatically". On the other hand Rhyzm is not very "direct" rubber, so you have to sink the ball first in the sponge whan looping. I have tendency to let the ball drop (often under table level) and loop from there with big swing and Rhyzm is great rubber for that tecnique. In FH defence I have big troubles with Rhyzm, because of liveliness and the lack of directness. In training things go OK, but in tournaments I have really hard time in blocking or in long distance top spin defence against hard loopers, only few shots keeps on the table... Cry

So, I have also Rhyzer 48, which I tested one time and it was so different from Rhyzm (and from T05) that I ripped it off immediately. I couldn't get speed or spin out it with tecnique of letting the ball drop and the control felt bad. Now I am testing Rhyzer 48 again and it seems to me you have have totally different approach to it. You have to go for the rising ball or for the ball in highest point to get speed. And also then opponent has less time to react. That kind "all out" attack was difficult with Rhyzm, because of the softess of the rubber. And I have noticed, that with Rhyzer 48 you have to drive more and "go forward" and play with open blade more as brushing don't work well.

So, Rhyzm works well controlled in low and middle gear, but Rhyzer 48 has better potential for all out attack with difficult balls. And I hope that directness of Rhyzer would help the FH defence.

I read the T05 hard discussion and there seems to same kind of divide between T05 and T05H. Any thoughts of the subject?

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic