FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

USATT CEO Gordon Kaye resignation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 6:15pm
I coached 24 kids 2 years in a row at an elementary school. The inscriptions lasted an hour, the 24 spots were taken in an hour, both years! (It was announced that the registration would start on a given day at a given time).
-the PE teacher must be your ally from the start, without them, it won't work, they are the boss in the gym.
-the PE teacher will do the admin job to talk to the office and set everything up, that makes it SOOOOOO easier.
-I asked to always have 2 volunteer parents and I had more than that all the time, that's super Important! 
-The storage of tables is always the BIG problem, that will always be the major obstacle.
-The coach needs to keep custody of the paddles, balls and nets. People will play behind your back and even take stuff home and not bring it back, even if they won't play with it. If the coach cannot do that, they need to ask a locker in the gym or anywhere. Same idea for the tables, chain them together when not in use. I say that with the idea in mind that if the school does not give full control over the material to the coach, then the coach should consider not to take on the task.

Edited by fatt - 01/11/2019 at 6:19pm
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2019 at 2:27am
Thanks, Purett...I am actually having breakfast with Ben tomorrow morning...and have talked to him quite a bit already...and Linda in Milwaukee...and am working with a group in LA right now on a school program...just looking for more feedback.
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic