FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Chopping DEF Blade Handle Thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chopping DEF Blade Handle Thickness
    Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:30am
I’m having trouble finding a DEF blade with bigger than average Flared handle. I tried BTY Hadraw Shield and Victas KM (brown handle) and the handles feel abit small for me.

Few questions:

1. Any DEF blades that you would recommend with nice wide/thick flared handle?

2. Is BTY JSH flared the same size as the new Diode V flared that just came out? And is there any difference between old JSH handles vs the new (hologram) handles?

Thanks!

Edited by DreiZ - 11/07/2018 at 10:33am
Main: Hadraw VK FL 82g | 2x T05 2.1
TBT: Diode V FL | Rozena 1.9 | FL3 0.5
FS Feedback
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 11:26pm
May be this, Donier Def? Has an advantage of being quite cheap...

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donier-def

I think I have it with FL handle and it feels 'bigger' (but I need to double check...). Unfortunately it does not look like tt11 has it in FL anymore, only ST and Conical.
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
notfound123 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I’m having trouble finding a DEF blade with bigger than average Flared handle. I tried BTY Hadraw Shield and Victas KM (brown handle) and the handles feel abit small for me.

Few questions:

1. Any DEF blades that you would recommend with nice wide/thick flared handle?

2. Is BTY JSH flared the same size as the new Diode V flared that just came out? And is there any difference between old JSH handles vs the new (hologram) handles?

Thanks!

And this is the reason I use ST handles exclusively.
VKM St is one of the best handles of any blade I ever played (IMHO)
I wish my VKMO would come w/ the same ST handle as VKM. There is a topic on OOAK comparing handles of VKM vs VKMO.

As for the JSH, the FL handle is very skinny and again the ST one is much much better. Although I still prefer Victas ST handles - oval shaped and bigger

VKMO | T05 | Curl P4
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:35am
You should try to find an old Stiga Alser def. These ones have the biggest FL handle I know. Sometimes, you can find it on eBay for instance.
Victas matsushita off, Fastarc G-1 max, S § T Hellfire 1mm, Japsko Glued
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 6:14am
Grip tape. 

INB4: "buh buh buh usin' grip tape'll affecct da feel..."
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

Grip tape. 

INB4: "buh buh buh usin' grip tape'll affecct da feel..."

i might have to resort to it. I use the beige slip on rubber grip that bty and megaspin used to sell, i like it more than wrap-on black grip since it doesnt move and protects against moisture, but it doesnt do so well when its wet.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/08/2018 at 5:14pm
Main: Hadraw VK FL 82g | 2x T05 2.1
TBT: Diode V FL | Rozena 1.9 | FL3 0.5
FS Feedback
Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2018 at 9:54am
I've also had to resort to using grip tape, but found I quickly adjusted to it and it doesn't seem to affect the feel of my blade at all. It's pretty cheap to pick up, so you should at least give it a try!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic