FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What pips does Mima use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What pips does Mima use?
    Posted: 11/07/2018 at 7:00pm
Watched her amazing performance at Swedish Open and would love to know what pips Mima uses on her BH. Please don’t tell me it’s Moristo SP because there is no way those are SPs. It looks like MPs or a fast attacking LP.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 7:36pm
It is moristo
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 7:49pm
I would like to know the reason "there is no way those are SPs".
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 8:02pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:18pm
Yes I’ve seen the reference to Moristo, but right from the start when she hits one to Zhe’s FH, Zhu hits it in the bottom of the net like it was medium or long pips. Many times when she attacked with it Zhu returns it in the bottom of the net like she is clueless. A Chinese coach I regularly even said it looks like medium or long pips. Short pips just don’t cause that much disruption normally.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 10:58pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 11:10pm
Hi,

In observing closely her gallery of shots, there is no question that there are executions that are not characteristic of short pips.  Nor, it may be said, may some of these executions be accomplished with long pips.  A reliable contact I have indicated to me they are medium pips: that, when wielded with great skill and adaptability, perform as short pips with certain techniques and as long pips with other of her techniques. 

My strong sense is that this is a singular specialness of Mima Ito.  With much subtlety and refinement, she has, through an enormous number of thoughtful training hours, developed a set of equipment-dependent techniques of very high sophistication that has contributed substantially to her success.

Thanks,  
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2018 at 11:57pm

I can see this Moristo SP going on sale real soon
(strike while the iron is hot!!)

Wink

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:36am
she uses iti biti pipi on her widdle iti biti bati
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:39am
I think it is new Moristo sp ax.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 2:40am
Ito uses Moristo SP since forever. She might have changed recently but I doubt it. There seem to be no change in her BH technique.
Why can she create so much difficulty for her opponents? It's because of her skills. It's not some magical rubber.
Halon X View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halon X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 4:26am
I wonder what thickness of Moristo SP did she use.
ITC Premier XR
ITC Premier XF
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner LG
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 6:31am
Originally posted by balldance balldance wrote:

Ito uses Moristo SP since forever. She might have changed recently but I doubt it. There seem to be no change in her BH technique.
Why can she create so much difficulty for her opponents? It's because of her skills. It's not some magical rubber.
=============

Bingo.

Soon Moristo SP will be selling like hot cakes.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/08/2018 at 6:33am
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 6:53am
Mima does something like a chop block with her bh many times.
This plus using the forehand smash drives loopers crazy.
The chinese like liu shiwen and ding ning are not trained for this.
This style is more like basic ping pong, like what you would see in a bar.

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 7:31am
Hi,

Also to keep in mind is that the ITTF does not have a medium pimples category; it is not recognized by them.  They have "in" and "out" and "long" and "anti".

Two years ago I became so enamored with Mima Ito's backhand that I played with the commercial version of the rubber for 6 months, with most of the motivation to assist my students in their development.  

Based on my understanding of the argot, it is medium pips; it feels like it and plays like it.  I also concluded that her sponge is not an out-of-the-package sponge, for her powerful backhand must be augmented with either a different sponge, or boosting, or both.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:13am
That makes sense Don. Watching how she uses it and how much trouble it causes for her opponent makes me think it’s a MP. The Chinese coach I practice with also said it’s probably a special version made just for her. I see that Moristo comes in 1.4 and 1.9, but she may have her own special thickness. If I had to guess I’d say she is playing with the 1.4 thickness due to her control and the disruptive effect.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 9:15am

I tried a LP from a korean proplayer kim kyun ah and its very disturbing Unlike the comercial version which its easy to play against
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:36am
Has always been:

Edited by zeio - 11/08/2018 at 10:37am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 10:47am
hai everyone the reason Miu Hirano is losing is because she uses Clipper once she switches to a BTY ALC blade she will rank #1 that's a FACT

Edited by HuLimei - 11/08/2018 at 10:48am
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:01am
WHY ITO MIMA SUPERIOR TO OTHER GIRLS BY FAR ?

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Has always been:

Lsst time I checked ittf gallery I saw h3 in FH
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

MIMA ITO looks hefty, sturdy gal. This massive muscularity is a great advantage over all the other gals.

Ito can definitely bench more than the average forum user here.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

[COLOR="#9900ff" size="3"]<b style=""]hai everyone the reason Miu Hirano is losing is because she uses Clipper once she switches to a BTY ALC blade she will rank #1 that's a FACT
[/COLOR]

Can BTY solve global warming and cure cancer?
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

YES.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:40am

She changed to Moristo SP AX (came out late month), may be it helped Wink
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 11:47am

ITO's daily physical exersise is punching the "sand bag" vigorously, like a boxer. It is Japanese COACHING KNOWHOW, not so popular in China yet.      

Hefty? She is one of the tiniest athletes I have ever seen.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Hefty? She is one of the tiniest athletes I have ever seen.

Dont you see igor is swimming in vodka?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

<font size="7" color="#ff00ff">YES.

Edited by mykonos96 - 11/08/2018 at 12:07pm
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 12:44pm
Are you crazy? She's 1.50. She has no power, only speed. But she's like half a second faster than everyone else, or at least she was in that tournament, so you got to see from the world's top chinese players the same expressions a completely noob makes when playing against someone good
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2018 at 3:55pm

Lsst time I checked ittf gallery I saw h3 in FH

She was on H3 Turbo Orange in 2017 but switched back to Fastarc G-1 at the start of 2018.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic