Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westchester TTC 2018 Nov Open Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Arlo247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlo247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westchester TTC 2018 Nov Open Photos
    Posted: 12/20/2018 at 4:22pm
Sponsored Links

pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 3:14pm
Amazon Prime has spoiled me LOL
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 2:34pm
Next day ratings would be last on my list.  Most of us have a good idea, within a few points, what our rating will be.  I only play in a tournament every 6 weeks so it is not as important to me as it might be to others.  When I have a good tournament I want it processed the next day.  With a bad day I hope for a malfunction in the system and it never gets processed.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 2:27pm
This would be my ranking:

Court conditions
Staying close to schedule or reasonable wait time between matches
Next day ratings delivery
Quality of competition
Open tables to practice, warm up     
Physical space/comfort to observe feature matches
Availability of food, drink, snacks.

Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 10:32pm
If you play most weekends, rapid rating processing would be pretty high on the list. Maybe not above good court conditions and open tables, but above everything else.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Where would next day rating delivery rank among the following? 

Court conditions
Quality of competition

Hi,

Depending on personal tastes, I would say all those in the list would rank higher than the rapidity of the ratings process.  It is with humor that I note that the list provided does very well in describing the Westchester tournaments.

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 12:03pm
Where would next day rating delivery rank among the following? 

Court conditions
Quality of competition

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 7:12am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Nice pictures.  

Tournament ended Nov 18.  Ratings up Nov 19.  All tournaments should be like that!

Hi,

Yes, promptness in rating processing is greatly appreciated and an important element in evaluating the tournament's service level.  Because of this standard set by Westchester (courtesy of sir Mr. Roman, the captain of the ship) and Larry Hodges' MDTTC tournaments, among others, more and more sensitivity from the players is being expressed on this matter.

One player I am aware of has a yet-to-be-processed tournament that has been preemptively superseded in processing by two subsequent tournaments, thus requiring the player's rating to be sequentially recalculated through the three tournaments upon the results availability of the non-processed tournament.  This is not good.

By the way: In looking at some of the latest rated tournaments, my sense is that the processing is all correct except for the +/- rating change per match, which is clearly wrong.

Thanks, 
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 6:16am
Nice pictures.  

Tournament ended Nov 18.  Ratings up Nov 19.  All tournaments should be like that!
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2018 at 11:09pm
https://www.flickr.com/photos/henrylee888/albums/72157697929170980

142 players, including a nine-member team from South Korea. In an all-Westchester final, Kai Zhang (USATT-rated 2633) defeated Sharon Alguetti (2590) (7,-6,7,9). http://www.westchestertabletennis.com/

Edited by hleett - 11/22/2018 at 9:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic