Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 World Tours Grand Finals. Dec. 13-16.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 World Tours Grand Finals. Dec. 13-16.
    Posted: 11/27/2018 at 2:58pm
Will Ma Long recover from injury & play this one?

He has only 7 records, but he needs 8.
With 7 records, his WR is #11.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/30/2018 at 7:17pm
FunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:34am
ye, he played super league these days, beat zhou qihao & LGY and keeps all win record till now. you can search videos on yutube
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 10:50am
Good info.  

If he has been playing super league in recent days, he has a good chance to play the World Tours Grand Finals. Have not seen him playing on the world stage for quite some time (due to injury).

Edited by skip3119 - 11/28/2018 at 10:50am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2018 at 7:22pm
German players:  Timo Boll and Patrick Franziska.
But no Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

On women's side:  Half of the players are from China (8 out of 16).  Japan has 5 players.
                            No player from Europe.

Edited by skip3119 - 11/30/2018 at 7:55pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2018 at 12:01pm
She is in World Tours Grand Finals.
Earlier I thought she (Sun Yingsha) had no chance, oh well she may have a chance.

VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2018 at 12:21pm
If she participates, in any case, will improve her position in the ranking for January .... Approximately until the middle of the second ten .......
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2018 at 1:56pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1PT4eIRK6w 
Just a random post. Didn't want to create a new thread for this so i decided to post it here. I've looked at this video and noticed that HT played much better last year in general compared to how he plays now. Just overall he seemed to be much better, his FH seemed to be much more powerful and he was able to play a lot of strong counter loops away from the table, often even winning these rallies. He also made less unforced errors in general. I just find it weird that when i look at how he plays nowadays he looks a bit inferior in a lot of ways compared to last year, however in some aspects he improved for example his BH.
Maybe he used to train more hours last year and nowadays he doesn't train as much?

Edited by pipboy76 - 12/01/2018 at 1:59pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

Just a random post. Didn't want to create a new thread for this so i decided to post it here. I've looked at this video and noticed that HT played much better last year in general compared to how he plays now. Just overall he seemed to be much better, his FH seemed to be much more powerful and he was able to play a lot of strong counter loops away from the table, often even winning these rallies. He also made less unforced errors in general. I just find it weird that when i look at how he plays nowadays he looks a bit inferior in a lot of ways compared to last year, however in some aspects he improved for example his BH.
Maybe he used to train more hours last year and nowadays he doesn't train as much?

Its what psychologist call burnt when you send a player that s too young cant stand the emotional burden quick rise and fall
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 8:10am
Umm.. He's WR #5. He's doing just fine.

Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 12/03/2018 at 8:11am
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 10:41am

There's no way he isn't better now, than then.  T2PAC camera has a fisheye peephole type quality to it.  Makes the action look a lot faster than normal cameras.

Edited by WeebleWobble - 12/03/2018 at 10:58am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 10:58am
Deleted.  Wrong thread.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/03/2018 at 10:59am
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

There's no way he isn't better now, than then.  T2PAC camera has a fisheye peephole type quality to it.  Makes the action look a lot faster than normal cameras.

Agree... he improved quite a lot from the T2 days. The wins against CNT players like Ma Long and Zhang Jike are proof of that. Also you can't compare full matches against highlights (there's a reason why they're called highlights :D). But on the other hand, he's no longer a surprise star, other players are also studying his style and actively countering it with new strategies now and he is forced to adapt, which causes him to lose to some low ranked players. 

Edited by blahness - 12/03/2018 at 4:25pm
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Agree... he improved quite a lot from the T2 days. The wins against CNT players like Ma Long and Zhang Jike are proof of that. Also you can't compare full matches against highlights (there's a reason why they're called highlights :D). But on the other hand, he's no longer a surprise star, other players are also studying his style and actively countering it with new strategies now and he is forced to adapt, which causes him to lose to some low ranked players. 

Earplugs have been re invented
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 3:05am
MA Long.....Cry
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 8:18am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

You could argue that the wins against ZJK and Ma Long were somewhat of a fluke. At least the one against Ma Long. Just look at how he played in that match and tell me he was serious or cared at all about the match. Not trying to discredit Harimoto's efforts in the Japan Open here as i'm a huge fan of him but idk it just seemed like Ma Long was going easy on him in that match. Maybe ZJK was legit but that was because he was still making a comeback and was far from his best. Even Harimoto said it himself in an interview that he felt that both ML and ZJK were out of form in those matches.
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 9:37am

HT would have crushed duda freitas in 2007 now he s not a dangerous like last year I think he s aware than he has not surprise factor anymore . Club matches are not like big tournaments
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic