tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 WJTTC. Dec. 2-9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 10:29am
Replay (in case you missed it):  Crystal Wang (USA) vs Huang Fanzhen (CHN)
(Huang Fanzhen is one of the three players in China's team playing team event.)

Edited by skip3119 - 12/06/2018 at 11:11am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Tiggs_1 Tiggs_1 wrote:

Kanak will have a tough time getting past second round. He will probably play China's Yu Heyi who regularly plays against China's top players
========================
Thanks for the video.

Kanak Jha (#1 seed) has made tremendous improvement in the past year, he is in his best shape right now.
But to win this event is very difficult, he has to beat 3 Chinese players to win:

Round 16.
Semi Final.
Final.
---------------------------
Nikhil Kumar (USA) will have no problem to get into the Main Draw. (facing an easy hurdle.)
Sharon Alguetti (USA), Jeremy Hazin (CAN) and Ivy Liao (CAN), all three players have one more hurdle to jump before getting into the Main Draw.
------------------------------
Live Streaming.
Sharon Alguetti (USA), 10:30 PM US Eastern, Thursday night, Table-1
Jeremy Hazin (CAN), 11:15 PM US Eastern, Thursday night, Table-1
Other players, no live streaming.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/06/2018 at 4:13pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:42am
These unseeded North America players advance to the Main Draw:

Nikhil Kumar (USA), Sharon Alguetti (USA), Rachel Yang (USA), and Jeremy Hazin (CAN).
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 11:01am
All unseeded players were gone in the first round of the Main Draw. (R-32).
Two seeded players, Kanak Jha and Amy Wang, survived the R-32 (first round), and advanced to R-16.

Kanak Jha will face his first serious test:  Playing against Yu Heyi (CHN).  Table 1, shortly after Friday mid-night.
                                                            12:30 PM US Eastern. (or early Saturday morning 00:30 AM).

Edited by skip3119 - 12/07/2018 at 1:02pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 11:18am
A very interesting post earlier by Tiggs_1 is being reproduced below:

Kanak will have a tough time getting past second round. He will probably play China's Yu Heyi who regularly plays against China's top players

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yu+heyi

Edited by skip3119 - 12/07/2018 at 11:26am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:50pm
How the #1 seed plays in the first round of the Main Draw.

Shi Xunyao (#1 seed, girls) playing in R-32
https://youtu.be/xetXqkNFn2M?t=2076 

Jha Kanak (#1 seed, boys) playing in R-32
https://youtu.be/xetXqkNFn2M?t=7151

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 6:15pm
Live streaming just started.

But for Kanak Jha (USA) vs Yu Heyi (CHN), it will be many hours from now. Will be on table 1.
     (Shortly after Friday mid-night, 12:30 PM US Eastern or early Saturday morning 00:30 AM).
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 12:23am
Adriana Diaz has great difficulty playing against a chopper.
That chopper (Soma Yumeno) also has a deadly BH.
Table 1.
=================

After this match is over, the next match will be Jha Kanak (USA) vs Yu Heyi (CHN).

Edited by skip3119 - 12/08/2018 at 12:31am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 3:40am
Poor Kanak. Who's the one sitting in the bench?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 5:24am
My jaws are on the floor after that point between Pletea and Yu. What a way to close that 3rd set.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 5:26am

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 5:39am
Pletea has the makings of a star.  Disciplined, aggressive counterlooping backhand. Very tough to get a ball past him
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 5:57am
Just wish his attitude was a bit better cause sometimes he acts like a brat
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 8:10am
Hi,

Pletea and Truls are the best male prospects outside Asia.  A dream match would be Pletea vs Truls.

There were many excellent matches we were not able to watch at this World Championships.  The configuration used was eight tables, however they only video displayed two.  I anticipated this tournament would allow us a better understanding of the top up-and-coming young champions, but it was not to be as we missed so very much.  I do not understand the ITTF standards here.  Where is the quality sense of marketing and promotion potential around the world via the recorded videos?

What a great opportunity it was to be able to get a snapshot of these future champions; an opportunity lost. 

I do not understand the ITTF standards here.

Thanks,
Donn
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 8:29am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Pletea and Truls are the best male prospects outside Asia.  A dream match would be Pletea vs Truls.

There were many excellent matches we were not able to watch at this World Championships.  The configuration used was eight tables, however they only video displayed two.  I anticipated this tournament would allow us a better understanding of the top up-and-coming young champions, but it was not to be as we missed so very much.  I do not understand the ITTF standards here.  Where is the quality sense of marketing and promotion potential around the world via the recorded videos?

What a great opportunity it was to be able to get a snapshot of these future champions; an opportunity lost. 

I do not understand the ITTF standards here.

Thanks,

I like Truls and Pletea, tooo. Always think they have more potential to develop into a top player than Harimoto.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 8:54am

<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Hi,
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Pletea and Truls are the best male prospects outside Asia.  A dream match would be Pletea vs Truls.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">There were many excellent matches we were not able to watch at this World Championships.  The configuration used was eight tables, however they only video displayed two.  I anticipated this tournament would allow us a better understanding of the top up-and-coming young champions, but it was not to be as we missed so very much.  I do not understand the ITTF standards here.  Where is the quality sense of marketing and promotion potential around the world via the recorded videos?
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">What a great opportunity it was to be able to get a snapshot of these future champions; an opportunity lost. 
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">I do not understand the ITTF standards here.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Thanks,

There s nothing to understand they re a failure
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

==================
Kanak Jha vs Yu Heyi was a disappointment.
Kanak won the first game, and was way ahead early in the 2nd game.
Some how, Kanak managed to lose that 2nd game.
From there, Kanak was going down the hill, and lost the match, 1-4.

FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 10:26am

<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Hi,
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Pletea and Truls are the best male prospects outside Asia.  A dream match would be Pletea vs Truls.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">There were many excellent matches we were not able to watch at this World Championships.  The configuration used was eight tables, however they only video displayed two.  I anticipated this tournament would allow us a better understanding of the top up-and-coming young champions, but it was not to be as we missed so very much.  I do not understand the ITTF standards here.  Where is the quality sense of marketing and promotion potential around the world via the recorded videos?
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">What a great opportunity it was to be able to get a snapshot of these future champions; an opportunity lost. 
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">I do not understand the ITTF standards here.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Thanks,

They have played many times but not yet at senior level. I expect both to become top 20 players so they will play many times in the future.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Adriana Diaz has great difficulty playing against a chopper.
That chopper (Soma Yumeno) also has a deadly BH.
Table 1.
====================
In the semi-final, Shi Xunyao will play Soma Yumeno.
I think Soma is a worthy opponent to Shi.
Soma could give Shi a hard time.
However Shi is expected to win.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 10:38am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 10:39am

==================

He choked, but his lack of power, especially on the forehand side, was exposed.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

==================
=================
I watched it live.
After Kanak won the first game, then early in the 2nd game - Kanak was playing so well, I thought Kanak was going to beat Heyi pretty bad.  Instead, Kanak lost.

Thanks for the insightful thoughts.
===================
Did you watch Adriana Diaz vs Soma Yumeno?
Soma is a great chopper and with a deadly BH.
Soma is probably the only player who has a chance to beat Shi Xunyao.
But I wouldn't bet on it.

(Somehow, that video is no longer available for replay: Adriana Diaz vs Soma Yumeno.  ITTF official channel screwed up on that.)
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 11:31am

==================

I agree Kanak lacks power and has gone pretty much as high as he will get unless he is able to either increase this or is able to play more off the bounce/close to the table style to rush his opponents.  

Why do you say he choked?  Is it because he led 5-1 in game 2 and lost that game?  That is not a big lead at all.  In game 1 Kanak was down early and won that game by a comfortable score.  Did the Chinese player choke that game?

I watched the game live but did not get sense that Kanak choked.  Kanak pretty much kept playing the same way throughout the match and became increasing inconsistent (due to his opponents power and placement) in staying in the rallies after the early lead in game 2.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

==================

I agree Kanak lacks power and has gone pretty much as high as he will get unless he is able to either increase this or is able to play more off the bounce/close to the table style to rush his opponents.  

Why do you say he choked?  Is it because he led 5-1 in game 2 and lost that game?  That is not a big lead at all.  In game 1 Kanak was down early and won that game by a comfortable score.  Did the Chinese player choke that game?

I watched the game live but did not get sense that Kanak choked.  Kanak pretty much kept playing the same way throughout the match and became increasing inconsistent (due to his opponents power and placement) in staying in the rallies after the early lead in game 2.

The second game he had a 6-1 lead and it became 7-7.  If you watch the flow, everything just became loose.  He was required to stay in the rally and he just couldn't serve or return serve to do so.  The increasing inconsistency was due to the opponent realizing that Kanak could not threaten him.   This would not have been the case had he won that second game, which he really could have won.  After that, Kanak raised his level of risk and that pretty much tanked the match.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 1:44pm

==================
=================
I watched it live.
After Kanak won the first game, then early in the 2nd game - Kanak was playing so well, I thought Kanak was going to beat Heyi pretty bad.  Instead, Kanak lost.

Thanks for the insightful thoughts.
===================
Did you watch Adriana Diaz vs Soma Yumeno?
Soma is a great chopper and with a deadly BH.
Soma is probably the only player who has a chance to beat Shi Xunyao.
But I wouldn't bet on it.

(Somehow, that video is no longer available for replay: Adriana Diaz vs Soma Yumeno.  ITTF official channel screwed up on that.)

Yes, I watched that match.  Soma was so consistent, it was amazing.  Definitely a threat to beat anyone who doesn't have the precision of placement and power to play through her.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 2:22pm
Anyone found the match between Kanak and Yu Heyi on youtube? I couldn't find it.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

Anyone found the match between Kanak and Yu Heyi on youtube? I couldn't find it.

Oh, no, it's not on youtube.  Probably won't be.  Part of the beauty of the video dimension of this tournament is that not only did they only stream two of the eight tables, the replay provided was just a subset of the matches on the two tables.

I know what some are thinking about my thoughts when I use the phase "ITTF Standards," as in wondering what idiot would pose such an inquiry as that.  I confess.
Donn
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

<font size="3" color="#0033ff">Oh, no, it's not on youtube.  Probably won't be.  Part of the beauty of the video dimension of this tournament is that not only did they only stream two of the eight tables, the replay provided was just a subset of the matches on the two tables.
<font size="3" color="#0033ff">I know what some are thinking about my thoughts when I use the phase "ITTF Standards," as in wondering what idiot would pose such an inquiry as that.  I confess.

I am 95% sure it is on youtube, just look at the link I posted it is at an earlier point in the livestream. I will find it if I get a chance.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 8:02pm

I am 95% sure it is on youtube, just look at the link I posted it is at an earlier point in the livestream. I will find it if I get a chance.
===================
The match of Kanak Jha vs Yu Heyi should be in "Table 1, Day 7 Afternoon". See link below.
But it is not, ITTF screwed up somewhere.
(Adriana Diaz vs Soma Yumeno should be in that link too, but it is not.)

Something is amiss.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/08/2018 at 8:19pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 8:29pm
Coming up (table 1):  Shi Xunyao vs Soma Yumeno.

If any player in this tourney can give Shi problems, it will be Soma.
Soma is a great chopper with a deadly BH.

But I think Shi will win this match and this tournament.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic