FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Rating system in your country

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vbalobaev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbalobaev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rating system in your country
    Posted: 12/03/2018 at 7:19am
Hello everybody!

We have many different rating systems in Russia beside official Russian TT Federation rating system, there are at least 3 different ratings in Moscow only and almost every other region has it's own rating. It causes different inconsistencies, because some competitions count in all systems, but some don't. One player can have totally different rating in different systems. None of attempts of unifications of amateur ratings succeed. It seems to me absurdly, cause today rating accounting is so easy with computers, you just need to sell a file with results by e-mai, or it can be done even automatically. 

How does the rating system work in your countries?
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 8:14am
It's nobody's interest to have rating. It's much better to be able to adjust group seeds and members by yourself(if you are tournament organizer) to make it easier for some people. Also if you are tt federation your interest is to have points system like in tennis, to force people to participate in your tournaments.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
vbalobaev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbalobaev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

It's nobody's interest to have rating. It's much better to be able to adjust group seeds and members by yourself(if you are tournament organizer) to make it easier for some people.

Do you mean it is easy to seed manualy? Cause now there are many different programs and applictions to do it automatically - whatever you want: groups, olympic system, ect. Why is it much better?

Considering federations - I agree, they have another logics.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 5:08pm
No I didn' try to be sarcastic :(
I wrote my rating system few years ago, and all I wrote in post above is exactly what happened. Tournament organisers want to adjust seeds and groups to suit their preffered players.
Also, if you are a average or aging player, it is better to not know your rating, allowing you infinite talks about who could beat who, than to show your small rating to everyone.
Rating suits only players who progressing fast.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 6:22pm
So basically you don't want ratings so that TT organisers can be corrupt? And average and aging players can keep deluding themselves?

Sounds good.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 8:17am
Well, we aging average players have to protect our rating somehow :)
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

vbalobaev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbalobaev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 8:58am
For me is is quite strange to protect personal-made rating in one sport center only for few clients, it should make other people think about the owners and their reasons to manipulate seedings. 

Before it was mostly financial question, cause all rating were count manually and you need to pay a man, who spent their time, but now you just need to upload a file... Why not to unite all rating at least in one country? I still don't see the reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic