Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

how will can you hit a target?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how will can you hit a target?
    Posted: 12/03/2018 at 3:01pm
say put a ball as a target near the end on the other side of the table, can you hit the target by serving/driving/smashing? 
saw it on all tricky shots videos, but i found it's extremely difficult for me. I'm wondering at what level (2000? 2200?) can one do it with ease. of course, assuming one doesn't specifically just train for this kind of tricky stuff. 

EJ-turned blade collector
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 6:15pm
I'd bet a 2200 player would hit the mentioned ball with fh drive +/- 30% of the time
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

say put a ball as a target near the end on the other side of the table, can you hit the target by serving/driving/smashing? 
saw it on all tricky shots videos, but i found it's extremely difficult for me. I'm wondering at what level (2000? 2200?) can one do it with ease. of course, assuming one doesn't specifically just train for this kind of tricky stuff. 

They must have nothing else to do and practice the shot until they nail it
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 8:06pm
Easy, if you have the correct stroke(sorry no way out of this, you gotta pay for coaching, not just any coach, a good coach that knows how to teach the correct stroke). At the end of the stroke, if your paddle is pointing to the target, then most likely it's gonna hit it. 
FH: h3 2.2 39
t05: 2.1
viscaria: 93g
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 8:29pm
I can has terminate later today cinnamon toast....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic