Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Double fish v40 ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double fish v40 ball
    Posted: 12/06/2018 at 8:09am
It's quite interesting that i played with this ball and to my surprise the ball was actually very good. In the past i had played with this ball and it wasnt a pleasant experience as i brought a box of 10 and they were all bad due to not being round.

I was fortunate enough to be able to keep one from a club mate and
Upon closer inspection i noticed that the ball is totally different compared to the one i brought as the surface is more rough and more white compared to this good df v40 ball which also has a thicker seam with the material being like nittaku premium
Clearly there is a difference between the two
The one on the left is what i have purchased and the one on the right the good one i played with

http://oi65.tinypic.com/30ab4mo.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/2lsfxw7.jpg

So does anyone use the double fish v40 ball? And which one do you have as i am curious about this.
Maybe double fish improved the v40 ball or is the ball a special type?

Edited by wayla - 12/06/2018 at 8:11am
Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
Sponsored Links

Alisha_Hooksit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 9:24am
I have been using the DFV40 for several months now and am also very impressed with this ball. All of the balls in my box of 10 were excellent quality, no problem with roundness. The V40 is quite similar to the NP3 in appearance, feel and play characteristics, is also very durable, and the gritty surface maintains its grip well without becoming shiny. At 95 cents per ball (from Table Tennis Only), this is the affordable NP3 alternative we have been waiting for.
Medax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 7:58pm
At a few matches recently in our league, a number of Volant 40+ balls have been given out as samples by TTEquipment.co.uk and the games that have been played with them have been promising so far.

From my personal experience, the balls seem to be consistent, bounce well and appear to be very round when doing the hand spin on the table test with no "wobbles" (from a small sample of 3 mind).  The spin imparted on the ball was the best I have experience in the last year or so (vs Kingnik, xsf, Yinhe s40, Tibhar SL40) and the speed suited my game really well as I like a fast game.

Personally I hope we switch to them :)

At one of the matches an opponent was a UKCC level 2 coach, he was so impressed that he immediately ordered 2 boxes of 10 pcs, so I think that in itself says something about the V40+ ball ?
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 9:05pm
I have been informed that the good Double Fish V40 balls come from a batch in which the packaging, where there is a mark on the box "Team World Cup 2018~2019" within a yellow star.
I have a feeling that theses balls come from that packaging which explains why the Double Fish V40 ball is quite good. maybe this is true that version was actually used in the team world cup.

@Alisha_Hooksit @Medax
I am very curious of what the ball you have been using and i was wondering if yours is the same as the pic on the right? if you can recall as I have a feeling that ball is the one you have been playing with

also I had a look at the http://tabletennisonly.com and it shows 2 listing for the DF v40 balls.

Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 9:50pm
We have been using the V40 (without the team world cup logo) at our club for a couple of months.  It seems to be a very good ball.  Not a single complaint from the players.  We also got ours from tabletennisonly.com at less than a dollar a ball. 
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:40am
We have been using the v40+ as a training ball for well over a year (one star, we usually buy in bulk from ttnpp) it`s durable and cheap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 2:43am
The V40 balls I have are identical to those in your picture, but the box does not have the World Team Cup logo. On the Table Tennis Only website the World Team Cup logo balls cost is 15 dollars for the box of 10, said to be a special production for that event, but the ball itself is not marked differently than the regular production ball.
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 2:44am
Based on this thread, I just bought these:

http://ttnpp.com/store/ball/904-team-world-cup-double-fish-abs-material-v40-volant-3-stars-ball-39.html

Usually use these:

http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/869-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-x72-39.html

Will report back.

The DHS D40+ is great, though. Only time they disappear is when we step on them or someone steals them after our multiball... They're cheap, durable, round and bounce nice.
TTEquipment.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTEquipment.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 4:08am
Originally posted by wayla wayla wrote:

@Alisha_Hooksit @Medax 
I am very curious of what the ball you have been using and i was wondering if yours is the same as the pic on the right? if you can recall as I have a feeling that ball is the one you have been playing with

Hi Wayla,

the ball we gave out was was the one on the right with the purple text 

we only list the world team cup ball on the site too at £9 box of ten, so 90p per ball :)

Edited by TTEquipment.co.uk - 12/07/2018 at 4:09am
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/TTEquipmentUK
On the web: HTTPS://www.ttequipment.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTEquipment.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Medax Medax wrote:

At a few matches recently in our league, a number of Volant 40+ balls have been given out as samples by TTEquipment.co.uk and the games that have been played with them have been promising so far.

From my personal experience, the balls seem to be consistent, bounce well and appear to be very round when doing the hand spin on the table test with no "wobbles" (from a small sample of 3 mind).  The spin imparted on the ball was the best I have experience in the last year or so (vs Kingnik, xsf, Yinhe s40, Tibhar SL40) and the speed suited my game really well as I like a fast game.

Personally I hope we switch to them :)

At one of the matches an opponent was a UKCC level 2 coach, he was so impressed that he immediately ordered 2 boxes of 10 pcs, so I think that in itself says something about the V40+ ball ?

Thanks for the feedback, we have had a number of good responses about the DF V40+ ball.  

Another coach within your league has recently purchased and used the 2 star ball and gave good reviews of that ball too.  We hope to be publishing his review on our website soon Cool
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 4:24am
For regular training and multiball the one star ball can be good enough
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 4:54am

Folly of mind.     Aborted.

Edited by igorponger - 12/07/2018 at 5:38pm
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 6:59am
You mean A40+. The G40+ is from Weener in Germany
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Alisha_Hooksit Alisha_Hooksit wrote:

I have been using the DFV40 for several months now and am also very impressed with this ball. All of the balls in my box of 10 were excellent quality, no problem with roundness. The V40 is quite similar to the NP3 in appearance, feel and play characteristics, is also very durable, and the gritty surface maintains its grip well without becoming shiny. At 95 cents per ball (from Table Tennis Only), this is the affordable NP3 alternative we have been waiting for.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-10pcs-set-Double-Fish-V40-3-Stars-40mm-White-Table-Tennis-Balls-ABS-Plastic-Seamed/32900300095.html

V40+ ("yellow star" overprinted on the box) PRAISE-WORTHY POLY BALL ... SPINNY AND DURABLE ...

This is the Double Fish balls of most recent batch    =0.65 USD

And we are now reported from many People most joyful remarks of the product. People from all around the world favored this ball in one voice.
People did notice a notable change was now made to the ball
   -- that outer shell of the ball is THINNER somewhat
   -- and the ball feels more spinny as compared to other plastics.

Praiseworthy product it is, speaking ultimately ....

Edited by igorponger - 12/07/2018 at 7:28am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 10:21am
I have also used Butterfly A40+ and it is NOT the same ball as the DFV40. The V40 plays very similar to the over-priced Nittaku Premium40+. The Butterfly A40+ is also a decent ball but is more like the DHS40+, based on my experience, observations and feedback from other players. Personally I like the new V40 more than anything else thus far in the ongoing Ball development cycle, as it finally combines the price and performance value that was promised years ago with the new ball materials.

Edited by Alisha_Hooksit - 12/07/2018 at 10:23am
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 11:54am
I put this DFV40 with Nittaku premium on the scale long time ago.
They weighed the same
They bounce the same height
They sound a little different, but played almost identical.
I gave some DF balls to people at club to compare with Nittaku 3* (made in japan)
Sometimes I swapped the balls without them knowing lol.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

You mean A40+. The G40+ is from Weener in Germany

You're right indeed.   G40 is a product of German origination.
My fault, sorry/
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2018 at 11:21pm
Recent batches are pretty good. Early batches were not. I also think they are now better than D40+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TTEquipment.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 11:32am
Hi Wayla,

I have today had it confirmed from Double Fish that the purple stamped ball (and boxed as WTC) are now the only ball being produced as the V40+ ball. Smile
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 5:54pm
WHY DOES BUTTERFLY KEEP UP SO MANY VARIETIES OF BALLS ITTF APPROVED ???

Sure, it is all for commercial reasons.

Butterfly did always argue as follows:
Quote DIVERSITY had always been our guiding motto since the year 1954, our establishing date.
So, we are bound to promote every playing style. Defensive players would favour a softer ball, and the attakers do prefer a stiff product. Keeping up a number of ball types on market is to satisfy all our customers to the full, we believe.

10   ★ Butterfly 40+***   (Plastic with seam)   ★White     ITTF-129-B-06/14
11   ★ Butterfly A40+*** (Plastic with seam)   ★White     ITTF-186-B-09/17
12   ★ Butterfly G40+*** (Plastic with seam)   ★White     ITTF-151-B-08/15
13   ★ Butterfly S40+*** (Plastic with seam)   ★White     ITTF-214-B-08/18

14   ★Butterfly*** (Celluloid) ★White    ITTF-43-B-05/00
15   ★Butterfly*** (Celluloid) ★Orange ITTF-44-B-05/00
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 6:49pm
Had a chance to play with them today V40 , I like them as much as the Nittaku , they play close , heavier and nice bounce ! Better then DHS and BTy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic