Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Slower ChinaEuro rubber for every kind attack?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FastAttacker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastAttacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slower ChinaEuro rubber for every kind attack?
    Posted: 12/09/2018 at 6:56am
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask what I should choose...to finish 3rd ball better.

I need to play also the simple flat flips like this at min 9.53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_X0fq8yLLY

At the moment my favorite setup is Stiga allaround classic + 2x999t.
This setup seems great for me(I do have control and spin, can do every almost attack, but I cant do those flip, i suppose that sticky surface or harder sponge can be problem.

Obviosuly my technique also. But I have checked my friends setup from club, and at Tibhar Aurius and harder blade flip like at vid passed easly.

I want something Chinese because they are cheap:
Should i go for Focus 3 snipe/Palio Ak47 blue or Hidden Dragon/729 bloom spin/Reactor tornado v5 or maybe Tuttle Beijing 4 ?

All seems to be less tacky or even eurostyle. One hint is that I don't want to go for fast
rubber, because I am playing only 1 year and also having naturally fast acceleration.

Due to that fact, I even would like to stay at the low speed that 999t is giving.
From list of rubbers that I have written above Tuttle Beijing 4 and Focus 3 snipe at softest sponge seems to me the best option and also Palio Hidden Dragon.
As I checked they are slowest but unfortunately faster than 999t.

Maybe You could give me some other choose, that can be helpful in 3rd ball attack from forehand including all possible forms of attack: Topspin attack, Topspin vs underspin, flip(both versions), volley.

In one word something in eurostyle like 999t in control and also rotation, but with lower speed that i can also make simple flat flip.

Please help. Thanks!

Edited by FastAttacker - 12/09/2018 at 7:24am
I like to finish ball quickets as its possible.
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 10:38pm
It's a tradeoff, I think. 

Hard sponge and tacky topsheet is best for attacking short/off the bounce/3rd ball, and has great control if it's slow (like unboosted Hurricane 2/3) but the tradeoff is that they are not as good at easy countertopspin. Looping underspin with these rubbers also require better footwork.

Tuttle Beijing 4 is soft and mushy while being fast. It's got decent control, but it is an awkward rubber. Unlike traditional chinese rubber, it has some catapult, and the mushy sponge isn't great for the short game. But even with that said,  it should be capable of pulling of those flips with decent pace and control.

Focus 3 snipe will play sort of EuroJap feel with less spin and good control. I don't think this will be as good at 3rd ball as the tuttle, but it is probably more forgiving on basic shots.

You came up with some good suggestions.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 10:53pm
Joola Golden Tango PS never bother trying to find a better hybrid ;)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
FastAttacker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastAttacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 6:42am
Thanks for suggestions and information!

That's really helpful! It seems that I need to look for more options(maybe Tuttle could be good?).

Continuing the searching ...what do You think about Klt, Lkt Gold Dragon, Rapid Sound, Rapid Soft.
Maybe some other rubber from this producent?

Reactor Ckylin red non tacky maybe?

Can You guys give some infos abot flat flips near net/attacking services performance about those rubbers?
I like to finish ball quickets as its possible.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 4:16am
No rubber will improve your flip. After you master the shot you will know which type of rubber you prefer.
BTW, AK47 are the latest from all the above mentioned and I find all three of them wonderful and at that price you can't go wrong with any the three
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 8:03pm
AK47 Blue would do you.
Excellent rubber for backhand, and light like a feather
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 10:03pm
I've been playing around with Skyline 3-60. It's not too fast and has a more euro sponge
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic