FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Does Cornilleu still produce rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Cornilleu still produce rubbers?
    Posted: 12/09/2018 at 4:51pm
I asked my local store today if he could order cornilleu rubbers and he said that he heard some rumors that they'll stop producing them. He wasn't 100% sure though. Does anyone have some information about that?
Sponsored Links

trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 3:27am
I am not aware of whether they are working on any new rubbers, but their existing rubbers are available at spinfactory.de

Edited by trumpet_guy - 12/10/2018 at 3:30am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 9:21am
What about the pros..
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 9:25am
do they produce rubbers or they are tensor like most companies?
I saw the "michelin" logo in them, but I doubt michelin has a tt rubber production department.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 12/10/2018 at 9:26am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I asked my local store today if he could order cornilleu rubbers and he said that he heard some rumors that they'll stop producing them. He wasn't 100% sure though. Does anyone have some information about that?

They still produce rubbers and blades. Maybe the store got confusing about the rumors because Hugo and Simon will be co-sponsored by Cornilleau and will not use Cornilleau rubbers and blades anymore. They will be brand ambassadors for tables and hobby market.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

do they produce rubbers or they are tensor like most companies?
I saw the "michelin" logo in them, but I doubt michelin has a tt rubber production department.

Some mabe by ESN, some made in China and Japan. They don't have own factory for blades and rubbers. They have a big factory for tables (hobby and competition) in France. 
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

They still produce rubbers and blades. Maybe the store got confusing about the rumors because Hugo and Simon will be co-sponsored by Cornilleau and will not use Cornilleau rubbers and blades anymore. They will be brand ambassadors for tables and hobby market.

And who's blades and rubbers will they use, have they a new sponsor or has it not been agreed?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

And who's blades and rubbers will they use, have they a new sponsor or has it not been agreed?

Not released yet.. Maybe in January as they still have contract with Cornilleau for blades and rubbers untill the end of December.

I would bet Donic for one of them as the brand is partner of Ochsenausen where they train and play at Bundesliga. 

Edited by AMonteiro - 12/10/2018 at 12:56pm
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 1:31pm

Yes. I can confirm what AMonteiro says about Hugo and Simon is absolutely true. As to what their new co-sponsor will be, remains to be seen (and guessed!).

Fatt, IMHO I really feel the X51 is a good rubber. Comparable to modern day ESN produce. What I like about the T. Pro GT series is the topsheet grip and sponge liveliness. They produce a fairly high arc too. Somehow the H47 felt faster than the X51 for me. BTW I've never tried the old Target Series, can't make a direct comparison. Hope you can try these rubbers one day, you'll know I'm telling the truth!

Cheers!
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 2:17pm
Did you play with tenergy as well? Can you compare the 47 to tenergy 64 or 05?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 2:40pm
It was not asked for me but I've played with Cornilleau products since its introduction (Pilot Series) untill this april.

I have played with Target Ultim 50° FH and 47,5° BH and after Pro GT X51 FH and H47 BH.

GT line has more grip compared to Target old line. So, with plastic balls the old line slips a little bit when the bat angle is very closed while GT holds the ball better.  

Target Ultim 50º was faster and livelier compared to X51 but the grip and durability of X51 is much better, IMO.

GT H47 is closer to 64 than 05. Its pimples geometry are like T64.

X51 it's a different beast as it is harder compared to T05, more stable at lower gears and as fast and spinny at high gears. A really good and underestimated rubber. T05 is easier to generate spin and speed.

I have tried some new generation rubbers like Bluestorm Z1, Z2 and Turbo, Rhyzer 48, Rasanter R47 and 50 and Pro GT line is still on par with these rubber in terms of overall performance. 

Edited by AMonteiro - 12/10/2018 at 2:41pm
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 2:45pm
Hello TT Gold. I am about to try the Tenergy 05 Hard. But haven't had time to play yet. It is usually difficult for me to compare Tenergies with ESN.

I could compare the H47 to the Nittaku Fastarc G1 though. Overall the H47 feels softer than the G1.

Speed wise, the H47 is at least 20 percent faster. Probably due to sponge thickness as well, as G1 does not come in MAX.

Both have nice high comfortable arc. I preferred the G1 for close table drives and the H47 for further table loops.

H47 blocks better (faster). The G1 is slightly more sensitive to spin. And easier to generate spin as well.

Both have really nice grippy topsheets. I brush loop quite alot. It is important for me that the ball does not slip.

All in all, I feel that I enjoy both rubbers as they are very similar for me. H47 is like a faster G1.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 10:34pm

It was not asked for me but I've played with Cornilleau products since its introduction (Pilot Series) untill this april.

I have played with Target Ultim 50° FH and 47,5° BH and after Pro GT X51 FH and H47 BH.

GT line has more grip compared to Target old line. So, with plastic balls the old line slips a little bit when the bat angle is very closed while GT holds the ball better.  

Target Ultim 50º was faster and livelier compared to X51 but the grip and durability of X51 is much better, IMO.

GT H47 is closer to 64 than 05. Its pimples geometry are like T64.

X51 it's a different beast as it is harder compared to T05, more stable at lower gears and as fast and spinny at high gears. A really good and underestimated rubber. T05 is easier to generate spin and speed.

I have tried some new generation rubbers like Bluestorm Z1, Z2 and Turbo, Rhyzer 48, Rasanter R47 and 50 and Pro GT line is still on par with these rubber in terms of overall performance. 

Yes, indeed, I agree with AMonteiro.  I used Target for years.  My sense is both the sponge and topsheet of Target were first rate for its generation, however the technology has advanced.  The Pro GT line is a highly developed rubber on par with the finest rubbers available for the offensive player.

I play 51 on the forehand, 47 on the backhand, sitting on Hugo's Offensive minus blade.  It's a dream racket. 

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 3:23am
These are naturally matter of an opinion. I played with Target ultimum 47.5 and loved it´s firm feeling. I tried GT 47 and to me it felt less spinny on serves and less firm during counter topspinning. I can´t argue anyones opinion about GT series but after they discontinued Ultimum serie I found Rasanter R47 to be similar enough compairing to Ultimum so I have used it ever since. It is a pity if Cornilleau stops producing rubbers. I think that they have a good qc and nice under rated rubbers.

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Forum member tommy16 knows well about Cornilleau rubbers, I remember when he was annoyed at Cornilleau for discontinuing the very good "Target Ultim" rubber that was not replaced by something better per his words (the GT Pro was the replacement).

Here is a review of tommy16 about the Target Ultim:
Maybe things have changed and Cornilleau has balanced their new GT Pro line after 2 years? or by chance they are today better for the latest new ball?
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 5:13pm

Hugo is now sponsored by Xiom.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Hugo is now sponsored by Xiom.

really? wow. is he keep using same blade or he switch to Xiom blade?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic