Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Seamaster 2019 ITTF World Tour, Hungarian Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:57am
Is anyone able to watch the live stream from USA? its blocked on ittf site.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 59 minutes ago at 11:01am
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Regarding WCQ's ranking, he's currently ranked 83.  And the crazy thing is his ranking points might actually go down if he does not beat LGY because he was runner up last year, and he didn't play doubles this year.  His playing level is top 15 for sure.
Why do the points go down even if one does well in a tournament? Maybe i'm missing something about the new WR regulations.
His January 2018 Hungarian open points (1710) expire and runner up at a regular World Tour is worth 1440 points so it becomes a net decline when February results come around. 
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 55 minutes ago at 11:05am
yes WCQ is great but I still think LGY will take him.  FZD wasn't playing well against CCY - didn't see the match against WCQ.  anyone still think Jha is better than WCQ?
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 50 minutes ago at 11:10am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

yes WCQ is great but I still think LGY will take him.  FZD wasn't playing well against CCY - didn't see the match against WCQ.  anyone still think Jha is better than WCQ?
When did anyone think Jha is better than WCQ?
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 49 minutes ago at 11:11am

LGY wins 4-0.

What's crazy is that even before today's results, Kanak Jha has 7185 points and WCQ 5066 points for a difference of 2119 points.  As a point of comparison, the winner of a regular world tour is worth 1800 points.  So even if his January points did not expire and he won this year's Hungarian Open, he would still be behind Kanak.  I'm a big fan of Kanak Jha and believe he's going to do great things in the future.  But let's be honest, he's not anywhere close to WCQ's level at this time.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 48 minutes ago at 11:12am
Originally posted by pipboy76 pipboy76 wrote:

When did anyone think Jha is better than WCQ?
go back to the World Juniors thread
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 47 minutes ago at 11:13am

LGY wins 4-0.

What's crazy is that even before today's results, Kanak Jha has 7185 points and WCQ 5066 points for a difference of 2119 points.  As a point of comparison, the winner of a regular world tour is worth 1800 points.  So even if his January points did not expire and he won this year's Hungarian Open, he would still be behind Kanak.  I'm a big fan of Kanak Jha and believe he's going to do great things in the future.  But let's be honest, he's not anywhere close to WCQ's level at this time.
thanks for the update of the finals
Roni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 29 minutes ago at 11:31am
LGY and Mizutani use Dignics 05 rubber Thumbs Up 
Easy win for both.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 21 minutes ago at 11:39am
DOB of these players:

WCQ   5-11-2000  (Youngest)
FZD:   1-22-1997
LGY:   3-19-1995
XX:      1-8-1990
ML:   10-20-1988   (Oldest)

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 13 minutes ago at 11:47am
Interesting to see if ML will play WTTC.

WTTC:  April 21 to April 28, 2019.

(Have not seen ML playing on the world stage for quite some time.)

Edited by skip3119 - 23 hours 11 minutes ago at 11:49am
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 23 minutes ago at 12:37pm
Chen Meng established as the clear number one woman player. In an era with such a strong top 6-7 this is no mean feat. But can she win the big one this year? I have a feeling Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen may have something to say about it, they will be all about the one tournament and their psychological experience may help.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 12 minutes ago at 12:48pm
WCQ was always close but did not deliver in the important moments, that will change, I did not root for either, I like them both equally and it always is a purr pleasure to watch those matches in those conditions. 
LGY more than ever represents the ultimate fast looping style that Ma Long once was the king of. LGY pushes that style one step up with a leaner body and higher speed: if he can raise his consistency he will totally dominate, a bit late like Ma Long had to wait; because it is so hard to fine tune such a fast game towards consistency when it really matters, like not going 100% of certain shots and relying on speed recovery to stay ion the point and not waste it into rushing. 
In America I always like to watch Ling Jishan playing, he is the same kind of guy, all heart out super fast fh counter everything.
WCQ? to me he is like Harimoto, that new breed of close to the table killers, so we have 2 main styles now and they are both valid, I don't think one is better than the other, in later wttc this year the winner will be the one more mentally solid (and maybe getting most luck?).
I have never seen a playing field that even in 2 decades, the MS 2019 WTTC winner could come from anywhere, england, japan, china, brasil, korea, sweden, hong kong or germany.

Edited by fatt - 22 hours 11 minutes ago at 12:49pm
pipboy76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipboy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 60 minutes ago at 1:00pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Chen Meng established as the clear number one woman player. In an era with such a strong top 6-7 this is no mean feat. But can she win the big one this year? I have a feeling Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen may have something to say about it, they will be all about the one tournament and their psychological experience may help.
In general i want Mima Ito to win it this year, but if i had to choose one of the Chinese players then it would definitely be Chen Meng or Liu Shiwen, Mostly because Ding Ning has already won it 3 times.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 55 minutes ago at 1:05pm
Ito Mima All Japan 2019.. SF,Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8Qw7ZCruI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5l22WLmZaw

fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 11 minutes ago at 2:49pm

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

PREDICTION PLAY TIME: WANG CHUQIN BEATS LIN GAOYUAN IN THE FINAL.
not following who might meet who, but if they meet in the final, I think Lin will win (not that I am a big fan of his - actually I like WCQ better)

PREDICTION PLAY TIME: WANG CHUQIN BEATS LIN GAOYUAN IN THE FINAL.

Great call to predict these two. I think you are right. I like WCQ's service variation and mental toughness. Great future for this kid.
well...between Tom and I we got it right, nothing changes, I am falling short again but getting closer, don't take me down, I am building pressure so I shall peack at the WTTC Tongue

Edited by fatt - 20 hours 11 minutes ago at 2:49pm
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 8 minutes ago at 5:52pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Chen Meng already has all the technique and the form to do it, the question is about execution on the big stage, if she can keep her unforced errors as few as in her recent performances. Table tennis is quite unfair in that the major competition WTTC only occurs once every two years (Olympics is once every 4 years which is worse), in tennis you would have 4 majors a year, plenty of chances for players to prove themselves!
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 41 minutes ago at 7:19pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

[QUOTE=FruitLoop] Chen Meng established as the clear number one woman player. In an era with such a strong top 6-7 this is no mean feat. But can she win the big one this year? I have a feeling Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen may have something to say about it, they will be all about the one tournament and their psychological experience may help.

Chen Meng already has all the technique and the form to do it, the question is about execution on the big stage, if she can keep her unforced errors as few as in her recent performances. Table tennis is quite unfair in that the major competition WTTC only occurs once every two years (Olympics is once every 4 years which is worse), in tennis you would have 4 majors a year, plenty of chances for players to prove

Edited by mykonos96 - 15 hours 1 minutes ago at 7:59pm
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 27 minutes ago at 12:33am

WCQ was always close but did not deliver in the important moments, that will change, I did not root for either, I like them both equally and it always is a purr pleasure to watch those matches in those conditions. 
LGY more than ever represents the ultimate fast looping style that Ma Long once was the king of. LGY pushes that style one step up with a leaner body and higher speed: if he can raise his consistency he will totally dominate, a bit late like Ma Long had to wait; because it is so hard to fine tune such a fast game towards consistency when it really matters, like not going 100% of certain shots and relying on speed recovery to stay ion the point and not waste it into rushing. 
In America I always like to watch Ling Jishan playing, he is the same kind of guy, all heart out super fast fh counter everything.
WCQ? to me he is like Harimoto, that new breed of close to the table killers, so we have 2 main styles now and they are both valid, I don't think one is better than the other, in later wttc this year the winner will be the one more mentally solid (and maybe getting most luck?).
I have never seen a playing field that even in 2 decades, the MS 2019 WTTC winner could come from anywhere, england, japan, china, brasil, korea, sweden, hong kong or germany.
LGY seem to have way more problems with right handed players especially tentative returning serves.
This is apparent in China Super League matches.
He eats up lefties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic