Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

About XIOM Icecream AZXi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lovett2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovett2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About XIOM Icecream AZXi
    Posted: 12/21/2018 at 3:35am

Icecream AZX i

Icecream AZX FL

Hope it will be helpful info for someone who is interested in Icecream AZX!

Edited by lovett2011 - 01/10/2019 at 4:34am
Sponsored Links

windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 1:24pm
Nice
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 1:46pm
So the fh handle is orange?
My feedback
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 2:07pm
I think most players will play ALC/orange on the FH but depending on what you prefer some may play it the other way. There is no set FH/BH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 3:05pm
The alc according to xiom is kuch thicker to balance the blade that is why the apc side seem to be faster.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I think most players will play ALC/orange on the FH but depending on what you prefer some may play it the other way. There is no set FH/BH

Totally agree
My feedback
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The alc according to xiom is kuch thicker to balance the blade that is why the apc side seem to be faster.
Huh??
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2018 at 12:05am
I have one on the way from Korea . Hopefully I can give a detailed review soon. I have some Omega 7 Pro and T05 Hard/T05 to test on it.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 9:25am
I'm curious to see how each Ice Cream blade compares to the Hayabusa ZXi, which is my all-time favorite blade.  Still a little confused over which model, the AZX or the AZXi will be closer.  If you watch Simon's video on You tube, he says that if you currently play a koto blade, you'll be better off with the AZX, and if you are a limba player, go with the AZXi.  However, the Hyabusa ZXi has the Zephilium plies towards the middle like the AZXi, whereas the AZX has the Zephilium and Arylate plies close to the surface.  Very confusing.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
melaal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 2:46am
I'm also little confused over which model, I used Marcos Freitas ALC , limba outer but the ALC direct under 1st wood layer such as AZX not inner ????
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 10:20am
Right now only AZX is available . From the limited specs AZX is a Viscaria with a more controlled BH and AZXi is similar to a HL5 with a more controlled BH. Depending on total thickness, ply thickness,composite thickness and weight will depend if they are slower or faster than the 2 mentioned blades. I will have an AZX before New Years so hopefully I can give a review soon.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 5:35pm
Looks to me like a heavily advertised niche product that probably isn't that great
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Looks to me like a heavily advertised niche product that probably isn't that great
Without seeing it first hand, without so much as a review by anyone who has used it, how can you formulate an opinion on this or any product?
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 7:29pm
Yogi has a review of the AZX on TTD
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 9:20am

Yogi has a review of the AZX on TTD
Thanks for a very thorough review, Yogi.  Sounds like Ice cream is a true pro level blade, and probably a little too aggressive for an intermediate player like me.  It's nice to have input like yours to help make a decision about spending a couple of hundred dollars.

Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 11:06am
Sounds like the 47.5 degree ESN rubbers will be the best set up for most players.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 11:38am
Xiom has set prices for their blades ridiculously high. I don't think their previous feel series sell well. If they price these two blades over $200, it definitely is an off to the market.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 2:48pm
The azxi version probably might be have better control
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 3:08pm
Unfortunately $150-$200+ is the going rate for a premium composite blade. Butterfly, Nittaku, Stiga, Xiom and others all have them in that price range even Chinese manufacturers like DHS offer blades over $200. None of them have an issue selling at that price so that's what we are stuck paying

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/25/2018 at 3:10pm
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Rich L Rich L wrote:

Without seeing it first hand, without so much as a review by anyone who has used it, how can you formulate an opinion on this or any product?

First, it's the most heavily advertised blade I've seen so far in the west, so that's a given as far as I'm concerned.
Secondly, it's a niche kind of product because nobody really makes those and nobody has really yet to buy.
Thirdly, no pros that I know of play with a hybrid blade. It certainly is no secret that such blades can be made, but nobody really seems to do it or buy it.

So I figure, 1) heavily advertised, 2) niche product, 3) probably not that great

That said, it definitely can be good, which is why I only said 'probably'.
Maybe it's the wave of the future and all the pros will adopt this kind of setup within a couple of years, who knows. Quite probably if it's very effective.

Edited by Lightzy - 12/25/2018 at 3:55pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 4:05pm
Mine will be here in the US on Thursday. I will have a 4 hour training session with it on Sunday. I should have a good feel for what it's all about by then. I will start with 07P and then switch it to T05 if I'm not happy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2018 at 5:15pm
Received the blade today. Blade weighs 89g and frequency on both sides is 1600hz which is about 125hz higher than something like Viscaria and even a little higher than ZJK ZLC.

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/28/2018 at 5:20pm
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2018 at 9:46pm
Is that on a par with Carbonado 290? Has anyone frequency tested that one?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2018 at 11:05pm
Only had an hour or so with it tonight. It's well built and very balanced. The blade with rubbers feels light in the hand. It is fast and stiff but does offer feedback. The 2 sides have a slightly different feel and trajectory but it's not like 2 different blades, not that I expected that anyway. This is a pro level blade it's not the Viscaria FH with a more controlled BH that would be best for most players. It's a Super Viscaria (LOL) with a Timo ZLC BH. I found looping a little difficult but direct drives ,smashes and blocking very easy. I used Omega 7 Pro max thickness on both sides. With the trajectory of this set up T05 might be a better choice with its higher throw. I plan on playing with it again for a few hours on Sunday I should have it sorted out better after that.

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/28/2018 at 11:06pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by Rich L Rich L wrote:

First, it's the most heavily advertised blade I've seen so far in the west, so that's a given as far as I'm concerned.
Secondly, it's a niche kind of product because nobody really makes those and nobody has really yet to buy.
Thirdly, no pros that I know of play with a hybrid blade. It certainly is no secret that such blades can be made, but nobody really seems to do it or buy it.

So I figure, 1) heavily advertised, 2) niche product, 3) probably not that great

That said, it definitely can be good, which is why I only said 'probably'.
Maybe it's the wave of the future and all the pros will adopt this kind of setup within a couple of years, who knows. Quite probably if it's very effective.

That it is heavily advertised says nothing about the blade (except that it's a high margin product :D ). But for sure it is hard to imagine any pro playing with. 
Also, as Lightzy pointed, it's a niche product too. I'd say blade targets mid or mid-higher level players, who are an into trying new stuff and EJunking and have some extra cash, as 200USD it's on the upper price end.. High level amateurs I'd say don't need such stuff. They have their technique developed enough to make their way with the stuff they've been playing for years.

Nevertheless, it is a very good thing that Xiomi invested money and knowledge into developing new stuff. More stuff, more variety (and that could be definitely called a new stuff when comparing to butterfly giving names to basically the same blades for years) is a great thing for TT enthusiasts

Edited by Simas - 12/31/2018 at 3:26pm
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 3:48pm
Thanks for the offer . I have so many blades to test right now but maybe I will try it out later on.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 4:03pm
Back to the Xiom this blade does not work for me. It's too stiff .I like to play close and mid distance. At close range it's ok but at mid distance with O7P the throw is just way too low and long. There was just no margin of error.if the blade wasnt so stiff/fast I would try T05 for more of an arc but i would be wasting my time. If you like to drive,hit,smash close to the table or play short pips this might be a good blade for you
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 4:10pm

Back to the Xiom this blade does not work for me. It's too stiff .I like to play close and mid distance. At close range it's ok but at mid distance with O7P the throw is just way too low and long. There was just no margin of error.if the blade wasnt so stiff/fast I would try T05 for more of an arc but i would be wasting my time. If you like to drive,hit,smash close to the table or play short pips this might be a good blade for you
what if you use the zlc side as fh?
My feedback
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 4:23pm
Doesn't really matter cause the blade is too stiff. You can feel the different hardness from side to side but the stiffness is based off the whole blade. It has the same pitch/frequency as a ZJK Super ZLC but is thicker..... my training partner liked it. My coach and I didn't. So like anything it will be personal preference.

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/31/2018 at 4:25pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 8:00pm
How thick is the blade
My feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic