Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About XIOM Icecream AZXi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 8:29pm
Xiom states 5.7mm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Unfortunately $150-$200+ is the going rate for a premium composite blade. Butterfly, Nittaku, Stiga, Xiom and others all have them in that price range even Chinese manufacturers like DHS offer blades over $200. None of them have an issue selling at that price so that's what we are stuck paying

I m disapointed with expensive gear because every blade I tried at the 150$ 200$ range was hyped
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Unfortunately $150-$200+ is the going rate for a premium composite blade. Butterfly, Nittaku, Stiga, Xiom and others all have them in that price range even Chinese manufacturers like DHS offer blades over $200. None of them have an issue selling at that price so that's what we are stuck paying

I m disapointed with expensive gear because every blade I tried at the 150$ 200$ range was hyped

Of course it was hyped, but why were you disappointed?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 11:36pm
There are great blades in that price range. I can't say Ice Cream AZX is bad it's just not for me. It's stiffer/faster than I thought it would be from the specs. One of the first ALC blades I built turned out just like Ice Cream. I used a tight weave ALC and a new epoxy my friend used for building carbon fiber propellers. Thing turned out like stone. We called the blade Saitama.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 6:44am
The AZX is very fast. I am hoping the AZXi version will be more controllable. Still a very good blade but it needs a higher level of player.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Of course it was hyped, but why were you disappointed?

Carbonado 190 has a weird feel ebenholz7 not as solid more like a brick not the kick feel I m lookin for
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 3:47pm
Well your first problem is Stiga blades are garbage. What blade did you like and what did you want to improve ?
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 12:42pm

Well your first problem is Stiga blades are garbage. What blade did you like and what did you want to improve ?

jpenmaster, any previous bad experiences with stiga blades?
EJ-turned blade collector
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 12:57pm
The problem with stiga blades is the quality. Used infinity vps v, great blade but the top veneer rips off. If you look at reviews on ttd you'll see that this happened to over 90% of the people. Now I played with carbonado 90 and it's a great blade. I'd keep using it if it was from butterfly. But knowing that it is from stiga I don't want to keep using it because I'm afraid the top ply is gonna rip. In general I think a lot of "big" companies are living of their good reputation that they got in the past. Stiga blades where "the" thing in the past, but their quality is crap now. I see less and less people using stiga because of that. They are adapting their prices to the level of butterfly's crazy prices, but their quality is a joke.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 1:11pm
Same problem with primorac carbon is splintering same with korbel I have rosewood 7 great blade but lil flexy for my taste. Most composite blade I ve tested feel hollow and dull.

I tried a szlc but its not that good its very hard to find a blade that feels and plays like clipper but faster

Marketing has taken over player s minds ,most praise the blade as long is made by their fav brand nittaku butterfly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 2:25pm
Here is my last Stiga experience
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84424&title=infinity-vps-v-question

Edited by jpenmaster - 01/02/2019 at 2:26pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 2:30pm
The rubbers play a huge role in the feeling of a racket. I agree that for a lot of people marketing has taken over their decision making. For example if I think about buying an andro or joola blade I kind of feel weird just thinking about it. I guess it's because of marketing and also professional players which seem to use two or three brands, but nothing else. I personally don't mind paying 150$ for a blade though. If I know the blade works, then I'll happily pay that. I don't get why people feel bad about buying a blade in the 100-200$ price range. A blade lasts you so long, while rubbers have such a short lifespan.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

The problem with stiga blades is the quality. Used infinity vps v, great blade but the top veneer rips off. If you look at reviews on ttd you'll see that this happened to over 90% of the people. Now I played with carbonado 90 and it's a great blade. I'd keep using it if it was from butterfly. But knowing that it is from stiga I don't want to keep using it because I'm afraid the top ply is gonna rip. In general I think a lot of "big" companies are living of their good reputation that they got in the past. Stiga blades where "the" thing in the past, but their quality is crap now. I see less and less people using stiga because of that. They are adapting their prices to the level of butterfly's crazy prices, but their quality is a joke.

Seen no evidence of carbonados splintering. They have a normal limba top ply. Butterfly blades splinter all the time too. Stiga special veneers perhaps do but I don't hear of it with their classic models.

Edited by FruitLoop - 01/02/2019 at 3:54pm
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 4:31pm
I hope new Stiga Dynasty Carbon doesn't have such quality issues. Because i have already ordered one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 4:54pm
I had a Carbonado with top ply splintering right out of the box . A 3mm piece of the edge was laying in the box . Strange thing was there was no damage to the factory box or shipping carton. Lucky for me TT11 took care of me. I think the only Stiga I have owned that was nice was the CRW7. My kids Azalea also has slightly different thickness top plies.

Edited by jpenmaster - 01/02/2019 at 4:56pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Seen no evidence of carbonados splintering. They have a normal limba top ply. Butterfly blades splinter all the time too. Stiga special veneers perhaps do but I don't hear of it with their classic models.
I won't risk it though. I definitely don't want to spend 140€ on a new carbonado. Butterfly blades don't splinter normally. The only way they slowly get damaged is by hitting the table with it. That way the top veneer gets moved up and becomes vulnerable. My viscaria only got used up because of that. And it wasn't even the rubbers that ripped pieces off. It was the edge tape. Still paying 150$ for 5-10 years of blade life is ok imo
lovett2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovett2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 4:25am
Icecream AZXi FL!
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2019 at 5:34am
Hi friends, please good photo of azxi from back of handle, where is metal plastic xiom brand. I want to know core wood of azxi. Thank you very much.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 2:31am

Agree
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 11:05am
Hi, please more information about core of azxi, thank you very much.

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2019 at 7:03am
Hi friends, just one good photo from back of handle, thank you very much.

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by neon neon wrote:

Hi friends, just one good photo from back of handle, thank you very much.

You can see here

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 7:59am
Hi, core of AZXi is 1000/100 ayous.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic