Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calderano signs with Xiom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2019 at 8:42am
I believe Omega 3 is also a fatty acid?

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I believe Omega 3 is also a fatty acid?

They learned from that.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2019 at 8:57am
I believe the actual reason Xiom decided to skip 6 is to align Omega 7 with Tensor 7G.

Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

And has Gauzy signed with Andro?

https://www.andro.de/stories-en-gb/exclusive/simon-gauzy-en-gb/
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 2:50pm
Cornilleau lost their best players. Not good for the brand...
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

Cornilleau lost their best players. Not good for the brand...

Yep, it seems their ship going down :(
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Blades can be custom built, but usually the player will say that they're using a custom blade. I used to have a collection Butterfly calendars that listed the equipment of the players.  And some would say "custom blade."  Aside from that, we all know that often players will have a favorite blade from the wrong brand (not the people that are sponsoring them). In that case they'll put a different handle on their blade.  For example, Ma Long putting a DHS handle on a Stiga blade (something he did at one time in the past) because he was sponsored by DHS.

Rubbers are a different matter.  In general rubbers can't be customized (personalized) the way blades can be.  Instead, pros can choose rubbers that have certain characteristics based on the manufacturing detail.  For example, the sponge is made in loafs which are sliced into thin pieces.  A piece from the ends of the loaf is different from a piece that came out of the center of a loaf.  Similarly, a top sheet cut from the edge of a big sheet of rubber will be different from a top sheet cut from the edge of a big sheet.  So a pro gets rubbers made by the same process as the rest of us, but handled different.  It's not really custom rubber, but it will be different and, in the hands of a pro, superior.

A lot of what people think about pros' equipment is mythology.  We just imagine they have "divine" equipment, like some ancient Greek hero using a weapon provided by Zeus.  But, hey, if you're Hercules, you're going to be the strongest man on Earth regardless of whose sword you use.

exactly. To add to that, not long ago there was an interview with Tibhar owner by Tabletennis11 and he was asked about sponsored players equipment. So he said that sponsored players (I am not talking about Top players who can get a custom blade, or play with whatsoever just by switching the handles) are playing with normal blades, but extra effort is made to make them very consistent (shand selected woods, craftmanship)
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Those instances of players not using their sponsor's equipment are so weird, I am not sure where is the value other than a check in the player's pocket. As a sponsor I would ask 100% commitment and if that means a 2-months retreat in the mountains for a brain washing session and hard training using the company's products, then be it!

It depends. If I am Donic, I don't care much if Dima actually uses as long as they can promote that he does, even more so for Waldner.

Let me agree with FruitLoop. I find it very weird too. 
If I was Donic I would care if the player who is sponsored by me and I am claiming that he is playing with my blades actually does it. Cause then this thing surfaces, it broadcast the message that my equipment isn't good enough to be played with, and that's exactly the opposite of what it should say ..
DHS Hurricane Neo3
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

Those instances of players not using their sponsor's equipment are so weird, I am not sure where is the value other than a check in the player's pocket. As a sponsor I would ask 100% commitment and if that means a 2-months retreat in the mountains for a brain washing session and hard training using the company's products, then be it!

It depends. If I am Donic, I don't care much if Dima actually uses as long as they can promote that he does, even more so for Waldner.

If I was Donic I would care if the player who is sponsored by me and I am claiming that he is playing with my blades actually does it. Cause then this thing surfaces, it broadcast the message that my equipment isn't good enough to be played with, and that's exactly the opposite of what it should say ..

donic will do anything not to lose ovtcharov.
he's the second most popular european player, after boll.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/09/2019 at 7:41pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 4:14am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Maybe it's sort of power struggle. If a manufacturer paid big money, I'm pretty sure players went to a monastery for a couple of months (or half a year) to adapt to the new equipment. But if they don't (can't) pay the money it would be worth for a player to go and adapt, they make a compromise. Manufacturers pay less money and close their eyes (and hope that info does not get too public) and players pretend they are playing with the equipment they are not..
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 7:02am

Maybe it's sort of power struggle. If a manufacturer paid big money, I'm pretty sure players went to a monastery for a couple of months (or half a year) to adapt to the new equipment. But if they don't (can't) pay the money it would be worth for a player to go and adapt, they make a compromise. Manufacturers pay less money and close their eyes (and hope that info does not get too public) and players pretend they are playing with the equipment they are not..

I'm sure donic pays ovtcharov a lot of money.
The problem is the lack of popular european players.
besides boll, ovtcharov and samsonov, the rest of the players don't have the image to sustain a big brand.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 01/10/2019 at 7:19am
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 8:47am
This is true. There has been few good prospects in a while that can be actually top 10 players.

Perhaps Truls is the one, only time will tell. There is also Cristea.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 3:46pm
I think gauzy and shibaev could be seen as bigger Europeans
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 12:11am

Maybe it's sort of power struggle. If <span style=": rgb246, 213, 217;">a manufacturer </span>paid big money, I'm pretty sure players went to a monastery for a couple of months (or half a year) to adapt to the new equipment. But if they don't (can't) pay the money it would be worth for a player to go and adapt, they make a compromise. Manufacturers pay less money and close their eyes (and hope that info does not get too public) and players pretend they are playing with the equipment they are not..

I'm sure donic pays ovtcharov a lot of money.
The problem is the lack of popular european players.
besides boll, ovtcharov and samsonov, the rest of the players don't have the image to sustain a big brand.

Its no nasa secret any top player gets big money
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 3:16am
There are huge differences though. Chinese players make millions. Even boll makes a good fortune. But I don't think players like samsonov earn a lot. Even ovtcharov was complaining about the situation a while ago.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 6:26am
I am sure Samsonov earns a decent amount more than the majority of players outside the Chinese A team.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

There are huge differences though. Chinese players make millions. Even boll makes a good fortune. But I don't think players like samsonov earn a lot. Even ovtcharov was complaining about the situation a while ago.

That. Back in 2010, Boll was said to have an annual income of €400,000. In second place was Samsonov but only made 1/3 of it. For the rest, you get the idea.

Boll is the ONLY ONE in Europe who can compare with what they make in China now.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:06am
Even players outside the cnt A play in super league. Just look at how much money flows around in there.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:11am

Even players outside the cnt A play in super league. Just look at how much money flows around in there.

How would I look at that? Are salaries and endorsement contracts public? Can I say the same about Bundesliga, they seem to have a bunch of good players as well...
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:28am

That. Back in 2010, Boll was said to have an annual income of €400,000. In second place was Samsonov but only made 1/3 of it. For the rest, you get the idea.

Boll is the ONLY ONE in Europe who can compare with what they make in China now.

this puts timo closer to a million/year

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31442&title=how-much-do-table-tennis-players-make

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/36403/umfrage/deutsche-topverdiener-sport-2008/
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

How would I look at that? Are salaries and endorsement contracts public? Can I say the same about Bundesliga, they seem to have a bunch of good players as well...

That's a copy of my previous post about players salaries: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83872&KW=&title=player-salaries-in-clubs-in-eu

"A member of a Table Tennis Facebook Group I follow wrote a very interesting post with the info he was able to gather about men salaries in clubs in EU. So according to the author:

-players who are ~bellow ITTF250+ are playing for food, equipment and a butterfly suit. On a good day, they even may get 100eur for small expenses 
-players around ITTF250 earn on average 12-15000 EUR per season +bonuses for results, so on average around 100eur per victory
-players around ITTF200-250 can expect 15-20000 EUR per season+some bonuses
-players around ITTF150-200 can expect 18-22000 EUR per season+some bonuses
-players around ITTF100-150 can earn up to 30000 per season, on average 25-27000 EUR per season
-Crossing ITTF-100 is an important threshold in Table tennis. Top 100 players salaries start from 30000 eur per season. But it depends upon how stable are you. Whether you are always in the top 100 or if your ranking varies from for example ITTF-120 to ITTF-80...
-players around ITTF-60 and up earn 40-50000 eur per season. Those who are stable above ITTF-50 earn not less then 60000EUR per season
-players around ITTF-20 earn from 60-90000eur per season. But it may vary wildly depending on the results
-top players get 150000-300000 eur per season or more. But, for example, stars like Timo Boll earn much more than that.
Also, players get bonuses for taking first places in various tournaments, so this money usually goes only to top players naturally.

Salaries in China are much bigger than in Europe. 

So the takeaway is that you should get a normal job and stop dreaming about making your living from TT. Cause to be able to make a decent living you have to be one of let's say 100 top players in the whole world and have superpower"
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:50am
I disagree with the top 250 thing though. I know even in lower leagues you can get some money for playing. I know guys that get 65€ per league encounter( not each single match, but the whole match in general). He also gets one blade and 8 tenergys per season.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 8:56am

I disagree with the top 250 thing though. I know even in lower leagues you can get some money for playing. I know guys that get 65€ per league encounter( not each single match, but the whole match in general). He also gets one blade and 8 tenergys per season.

That's obviously not enough to live on - TT is part-time job for these folks?
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 9:27am
Even the British Premier League teams are paying over £100 per match plus expenses. So they probably make more on the side than is considered there. Especially if they do coaching, camps etc etc.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 9:44am

Of course not. But that's not the point. Not even a part time job for them. Just hobby players.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 10:29am

Of course not. But that's not the point. Not even a part time job for them. Just hobby players.

Being around 250 world ranked by ITTF (which post was referring to) is not a hobby player in my book.

Edited by pgpg - 01/11/2019 at 10:30am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 10:44am
Hi,

To this comment: Salaries in China are much bigger than in Europe. 

When I was on the coaching staff of the Werner Schlager Academy, I recall a moment when I was chatting with Ma Long about something and Ma Lin walked up and exchanged a comment with Ma Long that prompted Ma Lin to pull out his wallet.  When he opened the wallet, I glanced at it and noticed that he was carrying at least 5,000 EUROS in 100 EURO bills, quite the "wad of cash" as they say in the U.S.

Thanks,

Edited by DonnOlsen - 01/11/2019 at 11:06am
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 10:56am

this puts timo closer to a million/year

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31442&title=how-much-do-table-tennis-players-make

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/36403/umfrage/deutsche-topverdiener-sport-2008/

That number probably includes sponsorships and prize money, which can vary a lot year by year. In 2007, a German journalist(probably Sabine Töpperwien) shared with a Chinese journalist that Boll made €400,000 from league play alone and was the highest grossing player in Europe. Aside from Boll, Suss and Rosskopf were the only players on the German team who could make a living from playing TT alone.

Edited by zeio - 01/11/2019 at 10:57am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 11:11am

they can give lessons and make much more money from coaching
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2019 at 4:26pm
I'd say if you really hustle and look for the right opportunities to give well payed private lessons, you can make a small fortune.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic