Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

USA: why so tense?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA: why so tense?
    Posted: 01/03/2019 at 6:47pm
look at 7:20 LOL

FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

look at 7:20 LOL

Player in green should have been yellow carded for this. The ball hit by his opponent accidentally hit the net. Then he deliberately just snacks it into the corner whilst complaining to the referee. There was literally nothing to complain about. Terrible sportsmanship. Guy seems like a prized douche.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 7:07pm
The guy in the blue hit the ball away first though. But judging their body language, there was something going on before that. A lot of tension aspingpungpeng already mentioned.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 7:43pm
Just people getting caught up in competition. Many forum members don't like the Alguetti's they are some of the best US players but seem to always have some type of antics that annoy players anyway Yichi got him in the final. As for the referee I know him and he is not going to card someone unless it's really out of hand, he let's people play it out.
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 8:11pm
Not the first time someone has posted about Sharon Alguetti's behaviour.  Not surprised given general attitudes and failure to respect others.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 8:29pm
I was expecting the 2600 to be sitting in a chair eating a pizza while playing a 2300....
but he barely made it, he even used the old "cho" resource.
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 11:48am
it is bad behaviour but what would the ref card him for? delay of game?
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 12:27pm
Delay of game, yep.  Intentionally hitting the ball away like that for the opponent to go pick up could warrant a card.

Have seen the brothers play over the years, love their tenacity, but some of their antics/intensity have rubbed the wrong way sometimes during/after matches.

Edited by mycuzinvinny - 01/04/2019 at 12:34pm
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 1:09pm
Way too much ego going on ...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Not the first time someone has posted about Sharon Alguetti's behaviour.  Not surprised given general attitudes and failure to respect others.
That's true, but in this case it's hard to see how anyone can complain about Alguetti's behavior.

Alguetti (green shirt) serves and blue shirt misses the return.  It's now blue shirt's turn to serve but instead he hits the ball to the far side of the court.  That really should be a yellow card and it's a complete lapse of judgment by the umpire not to call it.  Alguetti then hits the ball back to blue's side of the court.  This was less than polite, but since green shirt was due to serve, and since umpire didn't card green shirt, it's hard to fault Alguetti on this.

I'm not a fan of the Alguetti family, but we should only fault them when they are actually at fault.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

That's true, but in this case it's hard to see how anyone can complain about Alguetti's behavior.

Alguetti (green shirt) serves and blue shirt misses the return.  It's now blue shirt's turn to serve but instead he hits the ball to the far side of the court.  That really should be a yellow card and it's a complete lapse of judgment by the umpire not to call it.  Alguetti then hits the ball back to blue's side of the court.  This was less than polite, but since green shirt was due to serve, and since umpire didn't card green shirt, it's hard to fault Alguetti on this.

I'm not a fan of the Alguetti family, but we should only fault them when they are actually at fault.
   He didn't hit it deliberately to the back of the court it was an accident. It was only green shirt who did that deliberately.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

He didn't hit it deliberately to the back of the court it was an accident. It was only green shirt who did that deliberately.
To me, they both look quite deliberate.  Keep in mind that it is blue shirt's serve, so he has no reason to send the ball over there at all. On the other hand, green shirt didn't make any effort to hit the ball to the table or his opponent.  To be fair, though, I'd be tempted to do the same after my opponent hit the ball to the end of the court.

Edited by benfb - 01/04/2019 at 2:26pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 3:09pm

To me, they both look quite deliberate.  Keep in mind that it is blue shirt's serve, so he has no reason to send the ball over there at all. On the other hand, green shirt didn't make any effort to hit the ball to the table or his opponent.  To be fair, though, I'd be tempted to do the same after my opponent hit the ball to the end of the court.
I did not know what to think and after I read that bold part all was suddenly so clear, I feel enlightened, thank you benfb for your neutral wisdom.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 3:16pm
It only took us 2 days and about 10 posts to see the truth through. We're getting better, YAY!!!!

"see the truth through"? are you kidding me? how about injecting "truce" and make some sense out of the 3 words together while we're at it!? after all they probably found peace.

pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 4:40pm
It seemed to be much ado about nothing. IDK blue shirt may have simply forgotten it was his serve. He lightly volleys it over. It happens to hit the top of the net. Green shirt misinterprets this as a sleight and purposely hits the ball to the barrier in the corner. Blue shirt doesn't make a big deal about it.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 4:42pm
Nothing to see here, folks.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 7:17pm

A mistake. Happens all the time. Literally almost every match I see or play.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 10:52am
How about an amateur breaking a paddle just because he lost a point?

And people punching his head on the wall just missing a shot? 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 8:17pm
A good no-call by the umpire.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 11:14pm
Nothing serious, just some frustration. 

Edited by kenneyy88 - 01/06/2019 at 11:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic