FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Censorship?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Censorship?
    Posted: 01/06/2019 at 10:41am
Two days ago I posted some Equipment bargains where I offered some handcrafted carbon and arylate blades, as well as some classic Hardbat equipment, at discounts of up to ~55%. My post which was similar to other posts offering Butterfly, Stiga, Xiom, products was flagged and has been "pending approval" for about two days now. A private message to the EQIPMENT moderator has gone unanswered. I realice I don't sell Butterfly products, I am just a small company based in the United States that is offering quality products, so why the delay with my post? If I offered Butterfly, Stiga, blades at a 55% discount would my posts get put in limbo? Moderators should not have conflicts of interest when they become moderators.
Happy New Year to All. 
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor prototype FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 11:00am
Hi I used the "report post" option in case your post was hidden by mistake so all mods will see the report. I am not aware of anything against your company. Valor Table Tennis has always been welcome here and will remain so, I am confident of that. Good luck!

Edited by fatt - 01/06/2019 at 11:06am
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 6:46pm
If you read the very first post in the "Hot Deals / Great Specials" thread, which explains the purpose of the thread, it clearly says:

Note: This thread is for genuine bargains or great specials only. It is NOT to be used as a free advertising section for your own (or friend's) gear, NOR should it be used by retailers to promote their goods.

Why? Because a thread like this can so easily become an 'advertising thread' for retailers/dealers, who can then post about every little special they have. When the bargains are only posted by members that are not retailers/dealers, we ensure that they're genuine and not just advertising.
The same rule applies to all retailers, although some posts might get missed at some time.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

If you read the very first post in the "Hot Deals / Great Specials" thread, which explains the purpose of the thread, it clearly says:

Note: This thread is for genuine bargains or great specials only. I think 50% discount qualifies as a great special/bargainIt is NOT to be used as a free advertising section for your own (or friend's) gear, NOR should it be used by retailers to promote their goods I am a manufacturer not a retailer.

Why? Because a thread like this can so easily become an 'advertising thread' for retailers/dealers, who can then post about every little (50% is not a little special) special they have. When the bargains are only posted by members that are not retailers/dealers, we ensure that they're genuine and not just advertising this makes no sense. I am a member and I am a manufacturer not a retailer or dealer. So that means that if you go to my website and buy a blade with a 55 % discount of about $90 USD that is not genuine and is only advertising?.
The same rule applies to all retailers, although some posts might get missed at some time. Obviously my posts don't get missed. BTW are you not a retailer yourself? 

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 9:58pm
The "Hot Deals / Great Specials" thread was specifically created for members to post great deals/specials when they see them. If another member posted about your great deals, there would be no problem. However you're posting about specials on items that you sell in your own store, this I would regard as advertising, which is not what this specific thread is for. If we allowed this, every retailer could post about their specials in this thread, claim that theirs are genuine specials, and make the same argument as you do.
Yes I work a for retailer myself, and you don't see me posting in that thread, do you?

Again, this is nothing against your company, which I'm sure many of us hold in high regards. These comments only apply to the specific thread "Hot Deals / Great Specials", which was created specifically for members to post about great deals/specials that see, and we want to keep it free from advertising.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 10:14pm
I am a Siver Member of MyTT and manufacturer of table tennis equipment. I saw a great deal and tried to tell the members about it. "My store" as you call it is not run by me. It is an L.L.C. which here in the USA means Limited Liability Corporation. I do the manufacturing and also do consulting. The store is run by the corporation. I don't think I am advertising the company any differently from other members when I mention a few heavily discounted products. Other "members" refer to table tennis retailers and dealers and manufacturers specifically and about how great their 10 or 15% discounts are. 
Keep up the good work, but if you ban my post then I think you have to ban all other member posts.

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 11:01pm
I think Haggisv's point is valid.  You manufacture the goods and sell them through a store.  So your post is an ad for your product through a retail outlet.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

I am a Siver Member of MyTT and manufacturer of table tennis equipment. I saw a great deal and tried to tell the members about it. "My store" as you call it is not run by me. It is an L.L.C. which here in the USA means Limited Liability Corporation. I do the manufacturing and also do consulting. The store is run by the corporation. I don't think I am advertising the company any differently from other members when I mention a few heavily discounted products. Other "members" refer to table tennis retailers and dealers and manufacturers specifically and about how great their 10 or 15% discounts are. 
Keep up the good work, but if you ban my post then I think you have to ban all other member posts.

FYI, L.L.C is a limited liability company, not a corporation. "I am just a small companyAnd you are self advertising, give it up. If someone else posted those deals, then it should be fine.  

Edited by kenneyy88 - 01/06/2019 at 11:13pm
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 11:17pm
Would making a separate thread (appropriately named) be better for posts like gnopgnipster's? Otherwise he is essentially encouraged to employ sock puppet accounts, because that would be 'OK'...

Or is the expectation that folks like him just buy advertising on the site?

USATT: ~1900
Donic Defplay - AK47 blue - Dtecs OX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 10:02am
Ok. How about this. I quit! There. I am now only an amateur table tennis player/professional chess player/retired senior citizen and Silver Member of this forum. I am no longer profesionally afiliated with any table tennis company. BTW I found a great special by TableTennis11 for a Hurricane Long 2 blade for only 154.17 euros http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-long-2?utm_source=weekly_specials&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_specials&utm_source=Tabletennis11-Magento&utm_campaign=ac67cab0eb-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_03_12_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf245d7193-ac67cab0eb-60175869&mc_cid=ac67cab0eb&mc_eid=207e2e9571

CHEERS!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic