Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on MXP with Korbel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on MXP with Korbel
    Posted: 01/06/2019 at 12:36pm
Hi,

I need a new FH rubber to replace my Andro Rasant Grip on my Made in Japan Korbel blade as it has been discontinued and I can't get any more.

I was thinking about MXP as I would like a faster rubber than my current Rasant Grip.

Has anyone tried MXP on a Korbel, preferably the made in Japan version, how did it play?
Sponsored Links

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 1:04pm
You could always try Hexer Power Grip. MX-P is faster and has ok spin. I'm just not a fan.I play T05 on both sides of my Korbel
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 1:16pm
I had considered the new Hexers which would be better GRip or Powergrip, would you be able to compare to Rasant Grip?

I tried MXP a couple of times but only for literally 5 mins if that trying out a mates bat and it felt quite nice but that was a while ago.

I tried tenergy on a violin but didn't like it, could have been the blade but couldn't be bothered trying it on another blade to find out. I didn't mind the 64 but wasn't my favourite and wasn't keen on 05, or it might have been a bad glue job as it was my first ever attempt gluing.

But from memory I just liked the feeling of MXP how fast and hard it was.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 1:34pm
Hexer Powergrip is the one you would want to try it has the harder sponge . If you liked MX-P get it. It has good reviews and is harder and faster than what you normally use. I have tried it a few times but just didn't like it . It always felt faster than t05 but with less spin. I prefer more spin. It also depends on your stroke .
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 2:14pm
What is the difference between Hexer powergrip and Rasanter?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 3:14pm
HEAVYYYY
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Mkeats View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mkeats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 3:35pm
I play ELS both sodes on my korbel and absolutely love it. Good spin and not too fast.
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Hexer Powergrip is the one you would want to try it has the harder sponge . If you liked MX-P get it. It has good reviews and is harder and faster than what you normally use. I have tried it a few times but just didn't like it . It always felt faster than t05 but with less spin. I prefer more spin. It also depends on your stroke .

Ok, thank you. I only had a very brief hit with MXP and from memory I did like it but I don't remember the blade I tried it on as I think the player had grip tape on his handle. How much faster would medium thickness MXP be compared to Max thickness Rasant Grip that I currently use? Also how fast would MXP be on a korbel?

SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 4:25pm
SmackDAT Are you saying that a Korbel with MXP on FH will be heavy or are you saying the difference between Hexer powergrip and rasanter is the weight

Edited by SpinLord - 01/06/2019 at 4:26pm
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mkeats Mkeats wrote:

I play ELS both sides on my korbel and absolutely love it. Good spin and not too fast.
I was considering EL-S but I was leaning more towards MXP as I have never tried EL-S and I don't know anyone that uses it for me to try and I have tried MXP although it was a while ago and only for a few mins.
Mkeats View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mkeats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 6:13pm
Depends on what suits you better. Both MXP and ELS are great rubbers. I find MXP just a little too fast and the ball keeps flying off the table where the ELS has a tighter arc and lands with greater consistency. But like I said, depending on playing style I can see how both would work on a Korbel.

Good luck on finding a replacement!
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 6:36pm
I was in the same situation. Tried mxp and liked it, haven't looked back.

Got 4 odd mxps at home now.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 7:26pm
I would not use ELS when Fastarc G1 exists. But that is just me.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 2:50am
Hi, from my experience mxp was one of the most disappointing rubbers ever.
Why - way too fast, rather uncontrollable and often with erratic behavior.
Even the glue job came 3 times uneven, did it on 2 different blades, all of above said was all the same?!!
Another one same "praised" ( on this forum ) rubber would be Friendship Battle II.
Never again.
Played with Rakza 7/7 soft, Rasant, Stiga tour s/m/h, airoc m/s, tenergy 05, H3 neo, Skyline 3 neo, Vega pro.
Those were all fine.

Cheers, Stan

Edited by stancuzi - 01/07/2019 at 2:58am
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 6:37am
Yesterday I played with korbel (eu version) and mx-p both side. It played very well. Good high throw, soft feeling with lot of control. Enough speed.
I recommend it.
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I would not use ELS when Fastarc G1 exists. But that is just me.
Why would you use G1 instead? Can you compare G1 to both ELS and MXP?
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

I was in the same situation. Tried mxp and liked it, haven't looked back.

Got 4 odd mxps at home now.
Thanks, what were you using before you changed to MXP?
SpinLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Yesterday I played with korbel (eu version) and mx-p both side. It played very well. Good high throw, soft feeling with lot of control. Enough speed.
I recommend it.
That's great thank you. I am thinking I will stick with my gut and go with MXP as I can get a sheet of it for £25 which is about €28 whereas ELS will cost me quite a bit more. If it is too fast I can always change to ELS and go back to MXP at a later date.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic