FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Custom Handles Scientific Paper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Handles Scientific Paper
    Posted: 01/08/2019 at 4:47am

Just saying.
Sponsored Links

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Just saying.

that's a luxurious handle. How is it made? It seems to be slippery.
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

You would think it's slippery. It looks slippery, but his handles don't really slip. I guess they could if your hand sweats a lot, but that's true of other handles as well.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

You would think it's slippery. It looks slippery, but his handles don't really slip. I guess they could if your hand sweats a lot, but that's true of other handles as well.
Nope, not slippery at all.  In fact, if anything they tend to get a little sticky when the weather is warm.  I often wipe my hand but never, ever do I worry about slippage. 

And the idea of using grips on them?  Heresy!  An abomination!  Shame on you, fatt.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 12:23am
The other thing I find mysterious is that I seem to be the only person who's really enthusiastic about the design.  I realise that it makes twiddling difficult (but not impossible) but how many players routinely twiddle anyhow?  The fit is perfect - because Ross makes them to measure - and allows me to hold the bat completely relaxed.  People who try the handle often say it feels nice but then go back to playing with a flared handle which is just about the opposite of what I've got.  I don't get it.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 4:06am
It crossed my mind that it could be Ross Leidy, but thought that could be a little bit of a wild guess as I have never seen his blades live

Also, I assumed because of the gloss that it was slippery, but I am happy to hear that that's not the case.  So maybe one day in distance future I'll give myself a splurge.

Tassie52 is it this your blade ?
Agreed, shame on you, fatt, thats blasphemy :)

Edited by Simas - 01/10/2019 at 4:07am
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 6:32am

Tassie52 is it this your blade ?

I've posted these before, mainly because I'm insanely proud of these works of art.  Plus, they're beautiful blades to play with.

The complete evolution of my Ross Leidy blades, from top to bottom and left to right.

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 9:20am
I've missed it, but wow.
Still, from all the blades, the handle from the first post is the most impressive for me. I like that wood "swirl" pattern. How is it achieved? And how much does such a beauty cost?
DHS Hurricane Neo3
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 11:28am
NOVELTY PRODUCT OF THE CENTURY .....

http://m5rc2ytmmfsgkztbnvuwy6jomnxw2.nblz.ru/index.html

Reportedly, over 50 youngsters are now using this product of GB CLASSIC version.   Let the revolution start up, now..

Edited by igorponger - 01/10/2019 at 11:31am
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 12:06pm
so only +2 points per set :) the design of the website is... let's say unique

there are a couple of these designs, somehow none of them went into the mainstream. The most extreme that went mainstream ( Smile ) I'd say is Donic Dotec. And that's nowhere near extreme or mainstream...

I had a brief encounter with Dotec, so it didn't seem comfortable, but I guess you must take your time to get used to it and only then you can judge...

did anyone try or had any luck with such handles?
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2019 at 9:22pm
Exciting to see different types of handles.
It seems the handle is one of a few ways to enhance the play of table tennis.
I have been researching and building numerous handle modifications
I've built around 250 so far, some just handle shape modification.. outhers more radical designs
Do change how the ball behaves on the table.
I could patent but right now just enjoying how they play
Dr Cho  
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2019 at 11:40pm
My favorite handles are the Nexy Flares, but it might be largely because of the flatter wings.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

My favorite handles are the Nexy Flares, but it might be largely because of the flatter wings.

Still the best wings in the business.  The only problem - once I got used to them, all other wings feel awful.  Even blades I've had in the cupboard for years and had no issue with previously are uncomfortable now.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic