Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

What is the lightest short pip with sponge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the lightest short pip with sponge?
    Posted: 01/09/2019 at 6:42pm
I'm looking for the lightest short pip rubber, including sponge of at least 1.0 or so. Or at least very light ones... 

So far, I've got Nittaku Beautry in 2.0 sponge weighing in at 33 grams cut including the glue. That same rubber in 1.4 sponge might put it around 25 grams. I have some OX LP with glue sheets that weigh 18 grams for reference! 

Does anyone know how much the new spectol rubbers weigh? 
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2019 at 1:13pm
I've bought and tested a lot of SP rubbers over the past few years, posting some of their specs on the Rubber Mass Database thread at OOAK: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1128

I played with Beautry for a time but seem to recall that Friendship Legend 105 is even lighter, and not a bad SP in its own right. That being the Legend 105 with light green sponge that comes in only one thickness, 1.9mm, iirc.
BBC Ghost, Nittaku Moristo SP Ax, Dr Neubauer Aggressor OX
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2019 at 6:01pm
My first Legend 105, still in use, is 23g glued.
But my next two had greener sponge and were heavier, 33g glued. All 1.9 thickness.
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2019 at 7:54pm
How come you want a lightweight short pimple rubber?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic