Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy ace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy ace
    Posted: 01/15/2019 at 11:17pm
Is there a reason why I can't find any reviews anywhere? For this blade. I bought one without knowing much about it except it's 3+2 alc composition and hinoki... I'm hoping it's a great all around attack blade for looping and smashing high balls
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 1:53pm
I had a short hit with it. It is very light probably because of the small blade head size. It is bouncy and semi hard on the feel.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 3:07pm
I got one at 85 grams selected and mxp both sides. Hoping the handle feels nice as usual for nexy. I am worried alittle because I might've spent money on a blade I might not like period. Decided to get this over a time boll alc which I love... so I'm really hoping I'm not disappointed with this setup
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 4:51pm
This blade has a softer feel than TB ALC and overall similar speed, I feel it has better touch and spin. Some like the soft feel, some do not.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 5:08pm
That's fine how about the crispness of the impact or drives? I know the hinoki has alot to do with the softer feel.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 5:18pm
Away from table, you get a medium paced loop or drive and you want to crack a counterloop return… you will love that shot situation with ACE.

To maximize top end of a Hinoki blade, you gotta really crack it with the bang impact, then you really get rewarded. I do not have that kind of impact on most of my FH shots, but man, those BH bang shots I make really do well with ACE.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2019 at 5:20pm
At least we have a decent feedback page on the blade now ^-^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2019 at 5:05pm
So my nexy ace came.. I said 84-86 grams I believe but I got 87 instead. Blade looks good but only on the face. The handle is the worst I've seen period even from fake or $5 Ebay paddles that come from china. It is made in china and unfortunately it is by far the worst qc I've seen. The back of the face has a water drop from improper or uneven sealant. Handle is uneven on both sides. My nexy ace silver logo on the handle is scratched not only that I paid extra for ems shipping yet it took 10 days. Also I bought the combo only to realize they didn't glue it as told. They have no glue or assembly option. I chose that and selected black as forehand and red and backhand. Now I see that was pointless. Not only that response times for emails are almost days apart. I'm sorry but I'm very picky when it comes to blades being made more even or with less flaws. I guess I will update once I glue on my rubbers myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic