FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITALY / Highlights of my matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 2:12am
Thanks for sharing - lots of fun to watch. Smile My main thought after watching you play (take it or leave it), is that you put yourself into defensive situations unnecessarily quite a bit. You have a bit of a tendency to move backwards on your opening loops against underspin, and sometimes even quite a bit backwards after your own serve in anticipation of the 3rd ball. Although you clearly play a very nice defensive game, I think you could be in control offensively of many more points by trying not to retrieve backwards so much on 1st, 2nd and 3rd ball shots.

Edited by Pondus - 06/25/2019 at 11:42am
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 8:52am
Some great matches and some really nice points.  Please keep sharing.   Sorry, but I have to admit I was cheering against you in the matches with the older blockers.  We old guys have to stick together.

Mark
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2019 at 8:53pm
thanks for the suggestions :) on September will starts the new season and I’ll surely keep posting new videos. I’ll play an harder division, the b2 instead the c1, so the level will be way higher and there will be definitely better match highlightsBig smile happy holidays peopleSmile
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2019 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

New video of a tournament I played today! I still have some problems when the opponent blocks wide on my forehand, I have really to improve this and stay closer to the table
I love these videos and you are very fun to watch.  The only thing that makes me scratch my head is how come the styles of play look so different from what i see here in the USA.  Here, you either have really odd styles of play (usually people who learned in the USA with minimal or no training), or you have super loopers, most likely trained by Chinese coaches. I just don't see many matches that look like what I see in your videos; it's almost like we're playing different games.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 5:30am
While waiting for the new season, I put together some nice points during trainings with my mate, I hope you like it 
Big smileBig smile

Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

New video of a tournament I played today! I still have some problems when the opponent blocks wide on my forehand, I have really to improve this and stay closer to the table
I love these videos and you are very fun to watch.  The only thing that makes me scratch my head is how come the styles of play look so different from what i see here in the USA.  Here, you either have really odd styles of play (usually people who learned in the USA with minimal or no training), or you have super loopers, most likely trained by Chinese coaches. I just don't see many matches that look like what I see in your videos; it's almost like we're playing different games.

I totally agree. 

I love watching these videos. To my untrained eyes the skill-level looks higher.

I seldom see rallies like this in the US. Lots of great skills/touch on display. It's sometimes like GLOCK-pong here, as some have called it. It is not much fun to watch.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 12:39pm
the italian harimoto? LOL
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 3:09am
You got to love serve at 1:44.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 9:47am
I uploaded a new video of my tournaments of this months, I hope your are gonna love it, this one is my favourite so farBig smileSmile

Smile

Big smile
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 3:43pm
at 2 min 43 sec the picture quality goes up a lot! Thumbs Up
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 5:28pm
ahaha I had problems with the original video
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 8:06pm
https://youtu.be/1DzbhvkfNY0?t=649

that guy is playing smart! at speed 0.25, we can see him twiddling in the point starting at 11m.

Edited by stiltt - 09/30/2019 at 8:11pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 8:18pm
that would be my fh, if you can rip it, then rip it! spin is for sissies!!! I like that guy's game.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2019 at 8:37pm
So about that one guy at about 4:40... now we know what Harimoto will sounds like when he's middle-aged.LOL
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 6:28am
the new League Season has started! This year a harder division, it’s B2 division, this is our first match!!

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 2:07am
It wouldn't be an Italian match without a few rallies where someone wasn't returning balls while lying on the floor.LOL
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 2:19pm
New Highlights of yesterday, some nice rallies here Big smile
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2019 at 5:06am
New League Highlights! I did a great match vs the third opponent but he’s too strong Big smile

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2019 at 3:14pm
These are team matches, right?  Can you help us figure out which of your teammates are which?  I recognize the faces from watching all the videos but I can't associate the names.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2019 at 4:58pm

These are team matches, right?  Can you help us figure out which of your teammates are which?  I recognize the faces from watching all the videos but I can't associate the names.

Sure, my team mates are Marco Noseda (the weird player with pimples) and Simone Leonardis (the young fast boy)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2019 at 5:00pm

Sure, my team mates are Marco Noseda (the weird player with pimples) and Simone Leonardis (the young fast boy)
Is it Simone or you that's always jumping in the air?
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2019 at 10:29pm
Correction to my last post: I watched the video again (a couple of times, actually) and now I know which of you is which.  Just curious: what is Marco's setup?  He certainly has a unique style.

I also figured out one of my other mysteries.  You post as Jack, which I couldn't figure out.  Then I was watching an Italian dective show called (in English) "Thou Shalt Not Kill".  One of the side characters is named Giacomo and in the show they pronounce his name as "Jackomo".  For those of us who don't know any Italian, this helps to understand how you got to Jack.Big smile

Edited by benfb - 10/27/2019 at 10:42pm
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 5:21am
 I’m always on the ground lol Jack is like the nickname of Giacomo
LOL
Noseda uses short pips as black rubber (Radical), as red rubber a chinese rubber only for the service
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 4:33pm
New league match, this time we won for the first time!! Some crazy celebrations lool 

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 5:47pm
Great fun to watch! You guys are so entertaining.  If I played like you, Jack, I'd have broken bones.

And I really can't figure out... is it Marco? Pips, but not just regular long pips.  He seems to be constantly redirecting other people's loops.  I'm scratching my head on him.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 11:50pm
great matches !!!!
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 3:18am
Nice matches, keep posting!

I liked very much the old man with sense of humor Big smile

Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2019 at 6:57pm
Today we played against the best team in b2 division, we lost 5-1.
Sinkevic Viktar is currently ranked around #80 in Italy at 60 years old, he has a monster backhand!
Nevola Emanuele has short pips on his backhand and give us some trouble  

Edited by Jackcerry - 11/23/2019 at 6:58pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2019 at 9:00pm
So you won the only match for your side?  You looked good in that match.

I thought Marco looked like he was doing well.  He always seems to be in contention to win.  What did you say he uses for FH rubber? It's just such an unusual style.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 5:34am
yea I won, I’m training hard and started to play better with my backhand :D My teammate Marco uses a Radical 2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic