Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria ST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria ST
    Posted: 02/03/2019 at 12:20am
I guess, every EJ / collector who has been hoarding 'rare' Viscaria ST handle blades (whether original or remade) might want to try be the first out the door?

Page 23 of the 2019 BTY catalog - they're bringing the ST handle back, it seems.

Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 3:08am
No more Hadraw blades.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 3:37am
It's good to see that the price for the Harimoto blade is the same as the regular Innerforce ALC
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 4:16am
handle has the same size than nearly all "off blades handles" from BTY (100 X28X23mm) so...not as large as the original one. 
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 7:54am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

wow! will that send the price of original ST black tags ones through the roof or the opposite? you would be the one most able to answer here? :)

(edit: that HTIFALC on page 24 looks so good!)
the opposite. Old tag viscaria's where around 300€. St handle old tags were offered for 500-1000€. The only argument for that price was the St handle. Now that the handle is available again, it doesn't have anything better to offer than the old tag Fl, which btw. was also overpriced.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 8:20am
Another important reveal: Dignics 05 is priced at a whopping EUR 20 over T05!
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 8:48am
wow good news! Took them long enough, too!
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 9:32am
For those who like 85gr blade with thin handle :))

I prefer 93-95gr with larger handle. 

Edited by kakapo - 02/03/2019 at 9:38am
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

wow! will that send the price of original ST black tags ones through the roof or the opposite? you would be the one most able to answer here? :)

the opposite. Old tag viscaria's where around 300€. St handle old tags were offered for 500-1000€. The only argument for that price was the St handle. Now that the handle is available again, it doesn't have anything better to offer than the old tag Fl, which btw. was also overpriced.

That is simply called : the law of supply and demand or with other words: the Economy.

You may also consider that a Big Mac is overpriced  but...there are still people who are ready to pay...even more for their burgers so....
If you had an old viscaria ST, would you sell it to me for 129 EUR ?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

That is simply called : the law of supply and demand or with other words: the Economy.

You may also consider that a Big Mac is overpriced  but...there are still people who are ready to pay...even more for their burgers so....
If you had an old viscaria ST, would you sell it to me for 129 EUR ?
of course not. It has/ had a handle that wasn't available anymore. But now things have changed. 
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 11:07am
Original Viscaria St handle will never come back because it's a bad design for a composite blade . Great for collecting and holding but bad for play. It was way too wide and made the blade too stiff.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
danieldangz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieldangz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 11:21am
when will it be available?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 5:16am
With recent increasing sale of Viscaria, it is good that BTY has not decided to raise it's price yet (/again). 

Edited by kindof99 - 02/04/2019 at 5:22am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 8:10am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

With recent increasing sale of Viscaria, it is good that BTY has not decided to raise it's price yet (/again). 
did they raise it once? I remember in early December butterfly had a special offer for viscaria's. Since it was its 25 year anniversary, it was on sale for 99€ or something.
nduviscaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nduviscaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2019 at 3:55am
when will it be available viscaria st?
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2019 at 8:23am
I asked Butterfly and they said in May.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2019 at 3:50pm
Any new news regarding the blade?
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 7:30pm

I checked 2003 official butterfly catalog and compare to new 2019.
Seems the size is the same stated at the catalog.
As you can see above only the thickness is increased from 5.7 to 5.8.
The handle size is the same.
I think or rather i hope Butterfly will not change the size because of the new one.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 8:28pm
BTW you can check the catalog online here.
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 10:50pm
Wish they can bring back the Schlager carbon rather than the Sardius
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Nice catalog. Are there any more retro catalogs to see?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 1:23am
Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

I think Iruiru have mostly catalog.
Not so sure since i searched for 2003 specifically for Viscaria handle dimension.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 1:24am
Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

Wish they can bring back the Schlager carbon rather than the Sardius

Should bring back both.
Sardius also very popular at SEA region as it have many fans here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 11:20am

Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

I think Iruiru have mostly catalog.
Not so sure since i searched for 2003 specifically for Viscaria handle dimension.

I can't seem to find the catalog. I would be thankful if you could provide links to any earlier catalouges!
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

No more Hadraw blades.

"Wood with Soul – Hadraw Blades", 'The design of HADRAW – “simply natural and beautiful” ' - a couple of quotes by Butterfly (November 24, 2015).

The sad reality is that they know that they can mark up a composite blade much higher.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

No more Hadraw blades.

"Wood with Soul – Hadraw Blades", 'The design of HADRAW – “simply natural and beautiful” ' - a couple of quotes by Butterfly (November 24, 2015).

The sad reality is that they know that they can mark up a composite blade much higher.

Hadraw blades are back in their latest catalog Stern Smile:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

No more Hadraw blades.

Hadraw blades are back in their latest catalog Stern Smile:

I commend BTY on their prompt response to my critique.Clap
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:14pm
what wrong with Hadraw blades except price?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

what wrong with Hadraw blades except price?

apparently they went missing from an earlier version of the catalog. i thought that Bty has discontinued them.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2019 at 5:44pm
According to the new catalog the price of Viscaria in Japan is set the same as ZLC. I wish the rest of the world will not have to follow. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic