Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Xu Xin Special Edition Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Xu Xin Special Edition Blade
    Posted: 02/04/2019 at 3:03pm
Stiga Dynasty (Special Xu Xin Edition)
Weight: 89 grams
Plies: 7(Koto-Textreme+ - ayous-ayous)
Thickness: 5.79mm
Speed: Off to Off+Hardness: Medium Stiff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aozWc5IL6oc

Here are my thoughts about this blade:
- large sweet spot due to the textreme+ but it feels woody and does not feel like a carbon blade at all.
Sweetspot is about 1 inch from the edge of the blade. This feels different compared to past Stiga carbon blades since it feels like an all wood blade. The textreme+ makes the overall feel of the blade semi-stiff but feels woody.
- speed is OFF to OFF+. More or less same speed as TBS but feels softer than TBS
- good "dwell" when spinning the ball. 
- had to make adjustments with Hurricane 3 in the forehand because it was hitting the net but this was probably due to over boosting.
- used also Genesis 2 M with the blade and also a used Calibra LT Sound and an ESN rubber with no problems at all rather the XX blade seem better with very bouncy rubbers.
- the blade has good amount of flex and rigidity balanced. It is flexy enough to loop really good but at the same time has a good rigidity or stiffness for speed and impact on the ball.
- does not need a lot of adjustments to use and even intermediate level players can use this blade with practice. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 02/04/2019 at 3:04pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 8:24pm
Thank you! I haven't really seen any in depth, objective reviews on this blade yet.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2019 at 12:19am
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 8:54am
Is Xu Xin playing carbon?
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Yes. 
According to Stiga, this blade has a very thin carbon layer, called Textreme+ (better version of regular Textreme used on Carbonado series). It is so thin that it is difficult/ not possible to see it on pictures.

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Yes. 
According to Stiga, this blade has a very thin carbon layer, called Textreme+ (better version of regular Textreme used on Carbonado series). It is so thin that it is difficult/ not possible to see it on pictures.

If it's so thin, would the effect not be that good ?  In other words, you would get more wood feel and less carbon effect than say normal thickness carbon ?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 3:08pm
Having a woody feel is not a drawback unless it is your personal preference. 

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 3:46am

Yes. 

Okay, what makes you think so? (I am just curious)
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 10:01am

Yes. 

Because XX uses his signature blade, Stiga Dynasty Carbon that we are talking about here.

See page 2 onwards to know the whole story: 

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 10:11am

Yes. 

Come on. He stopped using the intensity almost a year and half ago. First to N301 then to this dynasity carbon.

Edited by wanchope - 02/07/2019 at 10:12am
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 2:42am
wanchope, mate I am just curious to know what is your source :) 

For example, I spotted this (see attached image) of Xu Xin playing Lin G in Hungarian Open 2019. Cannot read the label on the blade, maybe it's not in English. Tried to process the image but still unreadable. But somehow it does not look like these last letters are the same as in DYNASTY. 

Edited by fmarek - 02/08/2019 at 2:43am
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 3:36am
I think that is "coming soon" blade.
The visable letters look very much like OMING
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

I think that is "coming soon" blade.
The visable letters look very much like OMING

That is correct. Before the blade was officially named "Dynasty", Stiga apparently gave Xu Xin his own model which he still plays and has "coming" on the left wing and "soon" on the right wing written. Since Stiga (as well as other brands) knows that fans (and cameramen) take pictures of the equipment of their players, Stiga obviosly decided to make a little fun about the speculations of the fans and to increase the fuss that was made back then.

There is a thread named "Xu Xin's eqipment" over at TTD. Page 6, #119 shows a picture where you can claerly read "coming" on the left wing...

Edited by Nightsky - 02/08/2019 at 4:37am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 7:53am
Yes makes sense! Thanks guys.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2019 at 10:58am
has anybody ordered the Dynasty yet?  and any comments would be welcome.
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2019 at 11:56am
Yogi, is this blade head heavy or more well balanced?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2019 at 3:06pm
Mine was 89 grams but did not feel head heavy like infinity

YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2019 at 8:14pm
I ordered the regular edition Dynasty Carbon. Received it Monday and have played probably around 4 hours so far. I was worried it would be too fast for me but it’s not. As long as don’t try to kill it the shots I get from this are oh so pretty. Great touch, service and a nice lower trajectory/arc when looping. Using Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange on FH and Fastarc G-1 on BH. Previously I was bouncing between the DHS 301 and Joola TPE Perform with similar rubbers. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by YogiChris YogiChris wrote:

I ordered the regular edition Dynasty Carbon. Received it Monday and have played probably around 4 hours so far. I was worried it would be too fast for me but it’s not. As long as don’t try to kill it the shots I get from this are oh so pretty. Great touch, service and a nice lower trajectory/arc when looping. Using Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange on FH and Fastarc G-1 on BH. Previously I was bouncing between the DHS 301 and Joola TPE Perform with similar rubbers. 
how does it compare to the 301 in the major areas?
YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Honestly they’re very similar I think. Both are koto outer ply so similar feedback. Both good spin and touch game. I think the biggest difference is it’s a little easier to get the top speed from the DC. In other words the range from lowest to highest gear may be tighter with the DC.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 11:34am

Honestly they’re very similar I think. Both are koto outer ply so similar feedback. Both good spin and touch game. I think the biggest difference is it’s a little easier to get the top speed from the DC. In other words the range from lowest to highest gear may be tighter with the DC.

thanks.  are you saying that it requires more effort to reach the top end with the 301?  and how about absolute top speed? is there a big difference between the two?
YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 1:09pm

thanks.  are you saying that it requires more effort to reach the top end with the 301?  and how about absolute top speed? is there a big difference between the two?

Yes, more effort for top speed with the 301. Now I’ve only played with the DC for 4-5 hours at this point but I would say the DC has a higher top speed. I don’t know that it’s a huge difference but it is there. I can say that Tuesday I demolished a guy who I have been beating lately but it’s usually much closer. The bit of extra speed combined with what I would describe as a slightly lower trajectory/arc on the bounce caused him to have more trouble than before with my loops and drives. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 1:17pm
thanks for the expanded info Yogi
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 3:14pm

has anybody ordered the Dynasty yet?  and any comments would be welcome.
I hope I will receive mine one soon. I will take some pics in my collection post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic