FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Reactor Corbor info?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reactor Corbor info?
    Posted: 02/12/2019 at 7:22am
I remember trying a clubmate's bat with Reactor Corbor, on the forehand of a few years ago.

As I was playing with Hurricane 2 & 3 on the my own bat at the time; I was able to test Reactor Corbor, to see how the rubbers compared.

I came to the opinion that Corbor, was slower than the Hurricanes.

Sponsored Links

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:21am
Its not a tensor, that need to be understood. You want speed - use your muscles :)

Here is blade on which White package corbor works nicely.

729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 12:37pm
Corbor is very slow and an entry level rubber. I dunno if its license was renewed because the Larc says it is only good til dec. 2018
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 6:34pm
Boosting in 2019? LOL

I never boosted any rubber, no idea. Corbor is already heavy rubber. White package sort of "pro" is better than purple. Minor smell, while purple one smells horribly bad and being soft and tacky does not play. White is harder and one can actually play with it. I put it on cheap blade for fun: XVT cypress + carbon + balsa + carbon + cypress, and ended up with playable setup under $50 AUD. Never expected. Out of the package corbor pro topsheet is very tacky. Ball would stick and just hang there until you shake it off. After 1 hr it just normal tacky and remains as such (given you clean it properly). The bad thing about this cheap rubber is that it lasts forever. You get bored faster that it wears off LOL

729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 6:03pm
I do not know Corbor, but since you are interested in cheap yet high performing rubbers, I can tell you there is also yinhe mercury 2 at 5$ price point. The advantage is that it comes in soft, medium and hard.
Soft is a direct competitor to ESN mid-soft rubbers at 42.5 degree, for example xiom vega europe.
Mid, when heavily boosted, can be a competitor to ESN med-hard rubbers at 47.5 degree, like Fastarc G-1, Tibhar Genius and such.

I am currently playing mid heavily boosted on my backhand, coming from Tibhar Genius. It is really quite similar. The M2 sponge is less porous though, so it does not have as much bounce or elasticity, but with heavy boosting, this can be remedied. M2, like Genius or Fastarc, has a high throw angle. Its spin and speed are about the same as vega pro if boosted correctly. BUT - the feeling is not the same. It has a slightly cardboardy feel. But if you want to save some bucks? Indeed, you will find the best price performance ratio in boosted mercuries.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic