Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Worst rubber you've used lately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst rubber you've used lately
    Posted: 02/08/2019 at 1:15pm
What's the worst rubber you've played with lately? And why?

For me, Joola rhyzm P
It has no feel, little mechanical spin, little top spin grip and plays dead compared to anything else. For comparison it has less spin than unboostwd DHS pf4 which is a slow deadish rubber.

Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Sponsored Links

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 1:27pm
Hm, I have tried 80 rubbers. Rhyzm p was one of the best...Huge spin(easily generated but top sheet) and great speed.

Lubomir pistej(Top 50) and aruna quadri has played with rhyzm-p. 

I think, its about combination blade and rubber. 

The worse combination was yasaka mark v and violin-totally no spin. (donic waldner diablo senso and mark v was perfect, aleo violin+baracuda was one of the best). 

Edited by jackass22 - 02/08/2019 at 1:29pm
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 1:28pm
DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft.
It´s useless, does not have the spin, control or speed of the original Hurricane.
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft.
It´s useless, does not have the spin, control or speed of the original Hurricane.

Agreed! 3-50 soft is aweful.
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 3:51pm
rasanter r47 and r42. Tried them on 3 blades, couldnt send ball on the other side of net. 
I must say that some of my opponents had same rubbers and produced very good shots! Probably these rubbers dont like my blades :(
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 4:12pm
Somehow the recent iteration of Tibhar Genius was a complete waste this time around that I tried it. I have played with it earlier and back then it was really great but now that I used it after having played with Tenergy and Rasanters of the lot, it is just so bad. It is a great rubber for beginners obviously but nothing in it for advanced players. I did move it around on three different blades and it was dead on all three of them. Maybe I got a bad batch or may be that is how it has always been. Don't know! 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Somehow the recent iteration of Tibhar Genius was a complete waste this time around that I tried it. I have played with it earlier and back then it was really great but now that I used it after having played with Tenergy and Rasanters of the lot, it is just so bad. It is a great rubber for beginners obviously but nothing in it for advanced players. I did move it around on three different blades and it was dead on all three of them. Maybe I got a bad batch or may be that is how it has always been. Don't know! 

There are pro players in Germany who play with (boosted) Genius. So you most likely got a faulty one.
I had 3 sheets in the past 2 years and all were good.

Worst rubber I tried lately?
Probably Yasaka Rising Dragon. Too hard to be played effectively with euro technique, not as much spin as Chinese rubbers. So you either need a very peculiar (weird) technique or you need to boost it. Hitting hard with it, the ball does not catch the end line like with H3. But it also doesn't have the same quality in the mid gears like G-1 or Genius or VP. So I don't know how this rubber makes sense.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

There are pro players in Germany who play with (boosted) Genius. So you most likely got a faulty one.

Must have been a bad batch for sure because I could not get it to fire up no matter how many thin layers of booster I used on it. It just felt too mushy to begin with.

Probably Yasaka Rising Dragon. Too hard to be played effectively with euro technique, not as much spin as Chinese rubbers. So you either need a very peculiar (weird) technique or you need to boost it. Hitting hard with it, the ball does not catch the end line like with H3. But it also doesn't have the same quality in the mid gears like G-1 or Genius or VP. So I don't know how this rubber makes sense.

I know someone who uses Rising Dragon on their backhand and they get excellent control with it. However, the ply that they have it on really brings out the power in this rubber when needed. I think it pairs well with an all wood medium soft ply (just like other chinese rubbers do). But true that it is a lot between a chinese and euro rubber to be useful on the forehand side.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 7:45pm
Tibhar MX-P, Friendship Battle II. Nothing to do with all the comments and experiences of what I everywhere read. May be a bad batch, but still from brand like Tibhar...REALLY???
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 7:52pm
The very worst rubber I ever tried is rasanter42
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 8:04pm
Rubbers that have extremely soft top sheets. I find it difficult to loop with (during games). Gewo Hype KR, Donic Acuda Blue series, Rasanter V42. And similar stuff... 

Anyone know more Rubbers such as these? Kindly let me know. Would like to avoid. Thanks! 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

Rubbers that have extremely soft top sheets. I find it difficult to loop with (during games). Gewo Hype KR, Donic Acuda Blue series, Rasanter V42. And similar stuff... 

Anyone know more Rubbers such as these? Kindly let me know. Would like to avoid. Thanks! 

Joola Rhyzer 48
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 9:38pm
Ak47, galaxy moon
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 9:50pm
My rubber.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Ak47, galaxy moon
I like AK47 very much. 
I use the RED version tuned with 2 layers of FTL in my BH, it works nicely.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 12:59am

Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

I'd have to agree with yrd. I was using it opposite spinpips, and with my technique the players said I had more spin using the spinpips for looping... 

I do like mx s and victas 401 for similar but better executed rubbers for my style 
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 2:19am
stiga inverted rubbers.

Edited by kakapo - 02/09/2019 at 2:20am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 5:17am
Acuda P2 was about the worst rubber I ever tried. The trajectory was just really flat, it didn't grip well in humid conditions, and the spin was weak. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 9:32pm

Ak47, galaxy moon
I like AK47 very much. 

What is wrong with AK47? Are they all bad?
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Ak47, galaxy moon

I like AK47 very much. 

What is wrong with AK47? Are they all bad?

I tried red and blue. Both very bad grip, blue very slow
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 11:33pm
Thanks. I had few rallies with Blue. Its not tacky but grip was good. Topspin ball flying nearly parallel to the table after bounce
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 1:54am
Thanks Slevin! Will avoid for sure. What about rubbers similar to the Gold Arc 8 47.5? Any with same topsheet hardness and elasticity? 
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 4:44am
T05-FX. Use T05 or T80 instead. 
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 8:23am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Joola Rhyzer 48

lol  we have a few 2500+ rated players who switched to Rhyzer 48 (and 50) and they are doing just fine. I tried this rubber several times (and played against it) and it has a very nice speed-glue feel, lots of spin and speed.  
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 8:42am
Acuda Blue P1, P2 and P3 recently.

Worst ever: Stiga Airoc
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Joola Rhyzer 48

lol  we have a few 2500+ rated players who switched to Rhyzer 48 (and 50) and they are doing just fine. I tried this rubber several times (and played against it) and it has a very nice speed-glue feel, lots of spin and speed.  

I think its all about personal preferences. garbage for one person can be gem for another person

Edited by piligrim - 02/10/2019 at 8:52am
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 9:27am
The worst were Haifu Shark 2 (yellow sponge), Moon Speed, Haifu whale 2 newer version.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Thanks. I had few rallies with Blue. Its not tacky but grip was good. Topspin ball flying nearly parallel to the table after bounce

Yup, playing with AK47 Blue for almost 6 months now. It lets me put more balls on the table :).

As far as "what's great for someone could be garbage for someone else" - I somewhat agree (level, technique, and playing style matter here), but then it just reinforces my belief that reviews and polls are quite meaningless... 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 10:23am
Rhyzer 48 is one of the best new era rubber, the best frwshbglue feeling-much better than rasanter, bluestorm,xiom omega vii, evolution...I would vote if for the inovation of the year. 
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 10:44am
This thread contains no useful information whatsoever. 

The only takeaway from this thread is that some rubbers work really well for some people and not others due to difference in techniques. It almost seems like some people really need to work on their techniques because you really shouldn't be struggling with certain type of rubbers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic